• 17(current)
TMDB Movie Scraper not working
No debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Kodi Log File: http://pastebin.com/qPqMQfmV
(2015-12-08, 06:29)Slamking18 Wrote:
(2015-11-24, 09:41)filo79 Wrote: Hi, i want to say thank you for all replies, i've just figured out how to get it working again!
The repo is still empty, but installing the 3.8.7 TMDB Add On was the solution.
Now i can scrape all my movies again, with posters and fan arts, i've only an issue, i get duplicate entries on my library for the movies with two or three files (like test.cd1.avi , test.cd2.avi , i get two entries for the movie "test") , regenerating the archive doesn't resolve.
How did you get it to work? I have a TS 469L and the scraping was working at the beginning of Nov. but my latest batch from a couple weeks ago are not updating to the library. I haven't changed anything.

I've updated the TMDB scraper TO 3.8.7 using a zip file that i manually get from the repository url (HERE) , i'm using FRODO (12.3) but i've taken the GOTHAM file.
Hey guys,

Is it possible to remove some of the movies/series from the scraper?

My problem is that some series movies/series won´t start since it cant (I suppose) find the correct info for it.
In those cases a menu appears with the "Querying The Movie Database info" where I have to name the movie/series. I can name it anything and then choose a title in a list. Then it will play.
But that is just so annyoing. Usually when it is a TV show I really dont need any scraped info for it. I just want to watch it and delete it.

I´m using and Nvidia Shield. Earlier I justed XBMC on a Xbox. Then I could make every folder with unique settings (like to not scrape). Isn´t this possible anymore?

Thans guys!
I'm trying to update TMDB from 3.7.12 to the newest version so that I can scrape. However, I'm running all of this from an Apple TV and the update box is grayed out. Is there a way to force the update?

I don't see a lot of the options you guys are talking about here. Any help is much appreciated.

If I've missed something in the thread that will help me, my apologies.
What version of kodi are you using?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi!
I'm having the problem than many users had had with the previous versions, i.e. the add-on seems to find the movie but doesn't fill in any information about movie, no plot, year, rating, actors...nothing, not even poster or other artworks. Of course I've tried with many famous movies.

I am using OpenElec 6.0.0 (Kodi 15.2 Isengard) on my Raspberry Pi2. The version of the add-on is 3.8.8.
I've tried to uninstall it manually (option greyed-out), reinstall it from zip, reinstall it from repository, unfortunately without success.
This is going on since half of November, but while for a lot of users already version 3.8.7 solved this problem, for me not even the last version.

As additional info: also Universal movie scraper has the same problem, updated to the last version, but doesn't collect any information, while an Italian one is working.

Can you help me in solving this problem?

Here is my log if it can be useful:
http://pastebin.com/0rsJ01cR

Thank you very much!
(2016-01-13, 10:32)nickr Wrote: What version of kodi are you using?

I'm not in front of the ATV right now, but I seem to recall it being Frodo 12.3
(2015-12-29, 15:35)filo79 Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 06:29)Slamking18 Wrote:
(2015-11-24, 09:41)filo79 Wrote: Hi, i want to say thank you for all replies, i've just figured out how to get it working again!
The repo is still empty, but installing the 3.8.7 TMDB Add On was the solution.
Now i can scrape all my movies again, with posters and fan arts, i've only an issue, i get duplicate entries on my library for the movies with two or three files (like test.cd1.avi , test.cd2.avi , i get two entries for the movie "test") , regenerating the archive doesn't resolve.
How did you get it to work? I have a TS 469L and the scraping was working at the beginning of Nov. but my latest batch from a couple weeks ago are not updating to the library. I haven't changed anything.

I've updated the TMDB scraper TO 3.8.7 using a zip file that i manually get from the repository url (HERE) , i'm using FRODO (12.3) but i've taken the GOTHAM file.

Ah, it took me awhile to get it to work, but this got it for me. Thanks!
(2016-01-17, 02:32)bu11dog Wrote:
(2015-12-29, 15:35)filo79 Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 06:29)Slamking18 Wrote: How did you get it to work? I have a TS 469L and the scraping was working at the beginning of Nov. but my latest batch from a couple weeks ago are not updating to the library. I haven't changed anything.

Ah, it took me awhile to get it to work, but this got it for me. Thanks!

Hi, i have QNAP TS-469L too, can you explain how can i update film scraper plz ? i downloaded metadata.themoviedb.org-3.8.7.zip then i paste it on one directory of nas .... then plz ?
is it better that i download metadata.themoviedb.org-3.9.0.zip ?
Thank You for you reply.

(sorry for my bad english)
TMDB scraper is going mad again.
I'm still on Frodo and using the Gotham version (3.8.7) of the scraper was the solution for the movie title problem, now it has stopped working again and an error pops up "Cannot connect to server" why ? What's wrong with the addon ??

EDIT: i've figured it out! Installed the new 3.9.0 addon, with its "common" file, and it's all ok
When clicking on an actor/actress I do not get their info anymore.

All the fields say "Unavailable" except Know Movies seems ok.
The Biography field says "$LOCALIZE[547]"

I am running Kodi 16.0 and Aeon Nox Silvo.
TheMovieDB scraper version 3.9.0

Not sure when it started to happen. About a few months now.

Any help appreciated.
I had the same problem and i solved it by updating the scraper manualy

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/gotham/met...viedb.org/

(edit: i see that you already have the latest version)
Awesome worked! Running Frodo here on a heavily modded atv 1. Thanks for the scraper tip! Kids are now happy again!
Same problem here!
Frodo 12.2. (with moviedb.scrapper from Gotham).

With MovieDB scrapper 3.8.7 I get "Cannot connect to server" error.
Upgrade to 3.9.0, no errors now but scrapper get Movie Title, plot and nothing more, no actors, no artwork (poster, fanart).

Anyone knows a solution?

EDIT: I just compare tmdb.xml from 3.8.7 to 3.9.0 and the only difference is the API_KEY

EDIT2: Solution: Only have to install metadata.common.themoviedb.org-2.14.0 also. Now actors, posters and fanart are ok. Only download from http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/gotham/ and install from: Addons----> Install from ZIP, apparently nothing happens but now delete from library all movies without art, scrape again and works!

Thanks to all coders!!!!!!
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDB Movie Scraper not working5