• 83(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
I have a harmony 650 and flirc setup with my sheild and it works perfect, every command you need for kodi or the sheild menu can be set up easily. In my harmony add sheild and flirc as a device, map all flirc commands you want to use to flirc via the flirc software then add an activity and add the commands you want to use from both.
The only sheild commands I use are the directional buttons and the exit button. All other commands from flirc.
I am having a problem with Kodi on my Shield Android TV where it wont exit. When ever I choose exit it just hangs and I have to power cycle the box.
(2016-02-19, 23:53)pettergulbra Wrote: In my little head, I thought it would be easier to set and normal keyboard in Harmony setup (mce keyboard), and just use the same buttons straight over to the full keyboard in Flirc. This because Kodi is made to be controlled with that. Just a thought. But if Shield can't do it, then it is a no go.

The Shield won't receive those commands, well, it won't understand them, so no you can't do it that way with IR.
(2015-10-13, 00:48)JonnyVee Wrote:
(2015-10-12, 15:56)frenshprince Wrote:
(2015-10-12, 15:40)drhill Wrote: In what way?
Especially about clearness and fluidity.
I work on mastering video for 15 years, so my eyes are kinda astute Big Grin

I don't say that PQ is bad; but not reproduce the quality source as is should.

I'd agree ... I just purchased a Shield to replace my Zotac Zbox BI320, which was running Kodi DSPlayer/MadVR (running light settings in MadVr - it's only a Celeron 2957u after all) in Windows 10. The DSplayer picture is nicer, but the Shield is not to far behind. At the end if the day, my wife hated using Netflix and Hulu via a HTPC in our family room/main viewing room and the Shield offers a WAF that the HTPC could not.

I also have a HTPC in our Home Theatre rec room. That HTPC has an i7 4770 and a GTX 970. MadVR settings are maxed out and picture is gorgeous on a big screen.

So yeah, i would say the Shield's pic is not the same as either of my HTPCs that use Kodi DSplayer and MadVR. However, the picture quality between HTPCs can very greatly as well as my GTX 970 HTPC exceeds the Zotac.

I have to agree with your statements on PQ!

I have NVIDIA Shield Android TV, Popcorn Hour A‑400 , HTPC(MPC-BE,LAV,madVR, GeForce GTX 550 Ti) , PS4, none can achieve the PQ of the A‑400. I once had my HTPC close to the A‑400 PQ but after reformatting HD I couldn't get back to the level again, too much fuss just to get the PQ close to perfect, so im back to A‑400.

Tha NVIDIA Shield, is a tremendous media player, FAST but lacks the PQ and refinement also some issues especially with Kodi bit-streaming DTS MA/TrueHD . Not sure what can be done to get better PQ on this box.

My Rank for best PQ:
1) Popcorn Hour A‑400
2) HTPC
3) NVIDIA Shield
4) PS4

...so yeah, I agree PQ on Shield meh! Sad

oh! ...and let me just say... you see alot of comments about picture quality been different for individuals and questioning what you consider this and that... when you see a great PQ there in no dispute! even to the naysayers.. its bright its colorful its clear its amazing... only Oppo and Popcorn Hour(with VXP Video Processor) have I seen it on...
(2016-02-19, 23:43)Hiphopopotamus Wrote:
(2016-02-19, 16:10)onesolo Wrote: Does anyone have installed the test marshmallow rom?!

You can install it yourself, links in this post - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257190
I know that, already have the file. Was only asking if everything is working alright.
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote
(2016-02-20, 00:39)max90 Wrote: I have a harmony 650 and flirc setup with my sheild and it works perfect, every command you need for kodi or the sheild menu can be set up easily. In my harmony add sheild and flirc as a device, map all flirc commands you want to use to flirc via the flirc software then add an activity and add the commands you want to use from both.
The only sheild commands I use are the directional buttons and the exit button. All other commands from flirc.
(2016-02-20, 08:07)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: The Shield won't receive those commands, well, it won't understand them, so no you can't do it that way with IR.

Thanks for the answers, I now just have to find the time. Smile
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
(2016-02-19, 23:51)_Spook_ Wrote: You could also just request OTA from nVidia.

never heard about it, how does it work?
The customer OTA is out now - no need to request for the developer preview.
(2016-02-22, 16:32)tiqq2 Wrote: The customer OTA is out now - no need to request for the developer preview.

Is it? I don't see it there. Not a huge deal as I do have the dev preview.
https://shield.nvidia.com/support/nvidia...se-notes/1

I see 3.0 there
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
(2016-02-22, 16:46)gumbi2400 Wrote:
(2016-02-22, 16:32)tiqq2 Wrote: The customer OTA is out now - no need to request for the developer preview.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...-2-22-16-/
Quote:
  • Improved color support for YUV 4:2:0 video playback.
  • Option to set RGB Full Range. Go to Settings > HDMI > Dynamic Range.
Big Grin Laugh
(2016-02-22, 17:09)Novin Wrote:
(2016-02-22, 16:46)gumbi2400 Wrote:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...-2-22-16-/

I must have had a stuck cache it is there now. Smile
Oh Wow the changleog states:

Quote:Added wireless support for SHIELD controller when charging via USB, including headset audio and voice search.

I have two Controllers which do not work over wireless anymore after charging them via USB connected to the Shield (they only work in wired mode now) and according to NVIDIA I have to replace of them.
Hopefully I can patch my Shield tonight.
(2016-02-20, 15:17)Movie.Addict Wrote:
(2015-10-13, 00:48)JonnyVee Wrote:
(2015-10-12, 15:56)frenshprince Wrote: Especially about clearness and fluidity.
I work on mastering video for 15 years, so my eyes are kinda astute Big Grin

I don't say that PQ is bad; but not reproduce the quality source as is should.

I'd agree ... I just purchased a Shield to replace my Zotac Zbox BI320, which was running Kodi DSPlayer/MadVR (running light settings in MadVr - it's only a Celeron 2957u after all) in Windows 10. The DSplayer picture is nicer, but the Shield is not to far behind. At the end if the day, my wife hated using Netflix and Hulu via a HTPC in our family room/main viewing room and the Shield offers a WAF that the HTPC could not.

I also have a HTPC in our Home Theatre rec room. That HTPC has an i7 4770 and a GTX 970. MadVR settings are maxed out and picture is gorgeous on a big screen.

So yeah, i would say the Shield's pic is not the same as either of my HTPCs that use Kodi DSplayer and MadVR. However, the picture quality between HTPCs can very greatly as well as my GTX 970 HTPC exceeds the Zotac.

I have to agree with your statements on PQ!

I have NVIDIA Shield Android TV, Popcorn Hour A‑400 , HTPC(MPC-BE,LAV,madVR, GeForce GTX 550 Ti) , PS4, none can achieve the PQ of the A‑400. I once had my HTPC close to the A‑400 PQ but after reformatting HD I couldn't get back to the level again, too much fuss just to get the PQ close to perfect, so im back to A‑400.

Tha NVIDIA Shield, is a tremendous media player, FAST but lacks the PQ and refinement also some issues especially with Kodi bit-streaming DTS MA/TrueHD . Not sure what can be done to get better PQ on this box.

My Rank for best PQ:
1) Popcorn Hour A‑400
2) HTPC
3) NVIDIA Shield
4) PS4

...so yeah, I agree PQ on Shield meh! Sad

oh! ...and let me just say... you see alot of comments about picture quality been different for individuals and questioning what you consider this and that... when you see a great PQ there in no dispute! even to the naysayers.. its bright its colorful its clear its amazing... only Oppo and Popcorn Hour(with VXP Video Processor) have I seen it on...

I'm curious, have you updated your SATV to 3.0? If so, do you still feel the PQ is inferior to the others? For me, prior to 3.0 my Mede8er had the best overall PQ, with the SATV being low on a list of players. With 3.0 I think the SATV still falls behind the Mede8er but now it's closer than any of the others.
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6