Strange VDR freeze on Pi
Any fix for this, it still happens, free right after the message "vdr vnsi client starting epg scan"
I am not able to reproduce and users have not given enough info to track this down further.
- what exactly do you consider a freeze?
- can you still navigate inside kodi?
- what happens if you pull the network plug from vdr machine when this occurs?
- and so on, the better you describe the situation the higher is the chance to track this down.
Kodi still works but vdr stop playing video after the message pops up. If I change channel it plays video for about 2-3 secs and stops again. The only way to fix this is to restart vdr. It only happens after this message pops up "vdr vnsi client starting epg scan."

thanks for the response

BTW: Using [Beta] OpenELEC 5.95.1 it works fine, Only happens with Milhouse builds!
Thanks for the info. What message talk is about? Message in log or message box? Please post exactly what the message reads, then I can search the code
Could you try to disable vdr status messages in vnsi addon configuration?
It is a kodi popup message "vdr vnsi client starting epg scan." Ok I'll try that.
what version of vdr / vnsiserver do you run? what cmd line parameters to start vdr?
I did what you told me and it seems to work! Latest git of vdr and lastest of vnsi from your git! disabling vdr messages seems to work!
(2015-06-17, 00:28)unclejoe01 Wrote: I did what you told me and it seems to work! Latest git of vdr and lastest of vnsi from your git! disabling vdr messages seems to work!

that is not really a solution because you won't get EPG or recordings updates anymore. how you you start vdr? cmd line options?
VDRPRG="vdr"

#VDROPTIONS="-c /video -v /video -l 0 -E /var/vdr --no-kbd -u root"
# For other options see manpage vdr.1
VDROPTIONS="-p 2001 -l 3 -E /var/vdr --lirc --no-kbd -w 60 -u root"

#VDRPLUGINS="-P restfulapi -P xvdr -P streamdev-server -P dvbapi -P'vnsiserver -t 5' -P eepg $*"
#VDRPLUGINS="-P restfulapi -P xvdr -P streamdev-server -P sc -P'vnsiserver -t 5' -P eepg $*"
VDRPLUGINS="-P sc -P'vnsiserver -t 5' -P eepg $*"
# You will need to select your output device plugin if you want
# to use VDR to watch video. For instance, for a "Full Featured"
# SD DVB card that would be
# VDRPLUGINS="-P dvbsddevice"
# For a "Full Featured" HD DVB card you could use
# VDRPLUGINS="-P dvbhddevice"
# There are also other output device plugins available, see
# http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/Plugins.

VDRCMD="$VDRPRG $VDROPTIONS $VDRPLUGINS $*"

hope that helps! that is from runvdr script
thanks.
so you are running this version? https://github.com/FernetMenta/vdr-plugi...9a4fd5ca90

could you please enable status message again and post syslog with message from starting vdr until it freezes.
yes your latest from git. do you want syslog from vdr or kodi? ver backend is on different machine!
vdr of course, Kodi does not write anything to syslog
please also check "priority" in addon configuration. try setting it to 0
I had the same problem (freeze live TV) with the Amazon FireTV and Kodi Isengard Beta 2.
Changing the priority to 0 in the vnsiserver - pvr addon worked perfectly.
Now nothing freeze.

@FernetMenta: Thanks for the amazing work

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange VDR freeze on Pi0