VideoOSD bug?
I have a small problem. With the beta skin, 3.3.19, when I try to open the video osd, Kodi crash.
If I switch back to the 3.3.0 version everything works.

Don't know if there is something else messing with me, but thought I at least could mention it. Don't get any hint from the log on what the problem can be. Will continue to search for the problem.

This is the last I see:

22:38:48 T:140101326682048 DEBUG: OnKey: 247 (0xf7) pressed, action is OSD
22:38:48 T:140101326682048 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (VideoOSD.xml) ------
22:38:48 T:140101326682048 INFO: Loading skin file: VideoOSD.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
22:38:48 T:140101326682048 DEBUG: Load VideoOSD.xml: 36.39ms
22:38:48 T:140101326682048 DEBUG: Alloc resources: 39.94ms (36.43 ms skin load)
Same problem here on a AFTV stick. Always crashes when i try to show the OSD.

Also it crashes when i try skip steps with skin setting "Show OSD on pause/seeking" enabled and "SlimOSD" disabled.
No crash while seeking with " Show OSD on pause/seeking" enabled and "SlimOSD" enabled.
No crash while seeking with " Show OSD on pause/seeking" disabled and "SlimOSD" enabled.
No crash while seeking with " Show OSD on pause/seeking" disabled and "SlimOSD" disabled.
Hmmm, I will fire on my android test box and look for the issue. Thanks for reporting guys.

Just to be clear: You're all using the slim type OSD ?
(2015-06-09, 10:09)marcelveldt Wrote: Hmmm, I will fire on my android test box and look for the issue. Thanks for reporting guys.

No! See my post. It happens with the regular OSD.
(2015-06-09, 10:36)pünktchen Wrote:
(2015-06-09, 10:09)marcelveldt Wrote: Hmmm, I will fire on my android test box and look for the issue. Thanks for reporting guys.

No! See my post. It happens with the regular OSD.

Oops, I misread it. I will go testing
Hmmm.. I just tried to reproduce on my android testbox and it works fine.

Just a couple of questions:

1) What Kodi version are you using ?
2) Did you set any specific settings in the skin ?

3) Regarding to 2, would it be possible for any of you to make a backup of the skin settings (see skin settings --> advanced) and do a complete reset to default settings and try again if the problem exists ?

If the problem exists after performing step 3, would someone be willing to provide me their skin settings backup file so I can test with the exact same settings ?
I'm using a nightly version of Kodi. Maybe two weeks old...
Will test number 2) and 3) in the evening.
Just a sidenote regarding the OSD: because of the keyboard mapping for the AFTV, i've only tested the player controls OSD and not the info OSD.
Reproduced the issue... Only happens with recent nightly build of Isengard. I had the beta 1 installed and that was still fine. So either it's something in the recent Isengard which is failing or something in the skin that causes it...

Android will completely crash, windows systems are just very slow to load the OSD.

No usefull info in the logs either...

I will do some trial and error and report back once I found something
I managed to find the cause and fixed it...

It was the slider texture, apparently as of Isengard something has changed about that.
Anyhow it's fixed now and I will provide a new beta tonight.
You're the best! Wink
Beta .20 just fixed it for me Wink
OK great, thanks for reporting back.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoOSD bug?0