AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems.
In addition, if you want Kodi to automatically boot as soon as all permissions are fixed (and not a second earlier) add this to your init.d script:
Code:
am start -n org.xbmc.kodi/.Splash

Finally, if you want a reboot button right inside Kodi (even if you have a ROM without reboot buttons) Google for "reboot android kodi", it's a plugin in an unsupported repository. Use skin shortcuts to add it to your Kodi power menu.

This way with quite some tweaking and modding the s805 already was a pretty great device for me. The only real problems I had with s805 (some 720p framedrops, I suspect due to scaling as I don't have that issue with 1080p, and HEVC is not always smooth either) seem to be fixed in s905 making it almost the perfect SoC for me (I like Android 5 way better and the default ROM on the device seems more mature as well as quite decent support for CEC).

All that's missing for me is Dolby and DTS passthrough over HDMI (all audio over HDMI gets downmixed to stereo). Passthrough over SPDIF works fine but it would be nicer to have only 1 A/V cable required to hook it all up. When I was testing OpenELEC on my s805 passthrough was fine as I remember it btw, so the hardware is certainly capable of HDMI passthrough.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems. - by jant90 - 2016-02-18, 20:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems.3