AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems.
Hello,

I’m having the MX2 box (AML8726-MX) and also had video issues after upgrading to Kodi (now on v16).
Thanks to the instructions mentioned in this post my playing issues are fixed. Now everything is working fine again with HDMI output.
However I also need the AV output to work so tested in that mode too. Playing issues are gone, but now all text (GUI, subtitles, etc) is very blurry/unsharp. I managed to track this down to the following statement “chmod 666 /sys/class/video/screen_mode”. So with applying the write rights to this file the texts are blurry, while not applying these rights to this file keeps text sharp.
Unfortunately this file also seems responsible for the playing issues, so I have to set the rights otherwise I have the playing issues again.
XBMC 13.2 sets the same rights on startup, but now text stays sharp and video plays fine. This suggests something has changed in Kodi program which is responsible for this?

Does anyone know if this can be fixed by doing some setting in Kodi or file rights, or does it has to be filed as an issue (so hopefully someone will track it down and fix it)?
Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems. - by Dr_IT - 2016-03-10, 22:46
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems.3