Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV
(2015-12-20, 19:57)Hustler1337 Wrote: Can anyone tell me how Kodi performs on the Sony Android TVs?
I'd like to find out the speed performance and if anyone has experienced any freezes, jitters or crashes? Ideally from those who run a skin that is not Confluence.

Hi, how long is a piece of string?? Smile
From my perspective, is it "good". A solid B-, maybe even a B rating.
For me, i've come from a proper HTPC using a SandyBridge Pentium 2.6Ghz desktop CPU, to the on-board android, and there is no question that the native android application running on the Sony TV hardware is a step down in comparison.
I use Arctic Zephyr skin, which i love aesthetically and functionally, and is quite responsive - scrolling through hundreds of DVD-type covers has a little delay (fractions of a second, but noticeable in comparison to HTPC).
That said, it works well, probably no more crashes than OpenElec ever did, and Audio_Visual files play back as well as ever.
All in all, it was worth losing my HTPC for (i considered keeping it), due to power, heat and noise reduction.

But i think that probably 2016 or 2017 Sony Android TVs will be better.
XMBC / Kodi user since 2010 / Dharma. OpenElec user since 2011 / Eden.
Previously used a dedicated HTPC - am now a Kodi user, directly installed to my Sony Bravia Android TV.

Messages In This Thread
RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - by MSIC - 2015-12-20, 21:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV8