Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV
3D Working!! Can someone try this and see if they get the same results? May be a good work-around until the app is recognized as type "Video"

On my XBR65X900C i am able to get 3D working by performing these steps:

1) After fresh reboot of the tv (hold the power button until it powers off and reboots)
2) Play a 3d movie in Kodi (i have v16-RC1 app installed) - plays SBS and tv ACTION MENU button halts playback (so cannot put the display into 3d mode)
3) Open the default VIDEO app in the tv (just labeled Video). Once there, hit the ACTION MENU button, select 3D, and put the display into 3D HSBS mode.
4) Return to Kodi, open a 3D video and presto - it plays correctly (as if you put it in SBS mode).
5) Note also i have Kodi 3d settings "3D Enabled", and also have the "Watch as 2D" switch selected, which seems to only effect the Kodi overlay and does not effect the video at all (which is nice, I hope this remains this way).

I am also using ARC, Passthrough enabled, Bravia Sync enabled (and working to the Sony A/V), and i get DTS 5.1 audio. My TV version is 5.1.1.

Messages In This Thread
RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - by boatguypat - 2016-01-30, 21:07
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV8