• 29(current)
Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV
(2016-01-30, 21:07)boatguypat Wrote: 3D Working!! Can someone try this and see if they get the same results? May be a good work-around until the app is recognized as type "Video"

On my XBR65X900C i am able to get 3D working by performing these steps:

1) After fresh reboot of the tv (hold the power button until it powers off and reboots)
2) Play a 3d movie in Kodi (i have v16-RC1 app installed) - plays SBS and tv ACTION MENU button halts playback (so cannot put the display into 3d mode)
3) Open the default VIDEO app in the tv (just labeled Video). Once there, hit the ACTION MENU button, select 3D, and put the display into 3D HSBS mode.
4) Return to Kodi, open a 3D video and presto - it plays correctly (as if you put it in SBS mode).
5) Note also i have Kodi 3d settings "3D Enabled", and also have the "Watch as 2D" switch selected, which seems to only effect the Kodi overlay and does not effect the video at all (which is nice, I hope this remains this way).

I am also using ARC, Passthrough enabled, Bravia Sync enabled (and working to the Sony A/V), and i get DTS 5.1 audio. My TV version is 5.1.1.

Hi boatguypat,

I tried to follow your guide without success. A 3D OU video file was opened in the Video application. 3D was set.
Then I left Video application by pushing Home button and open Kodi. Unfortunately I was not able to play the same video in 3D in KODI.

Probably the problem is how to return to Kodi. Actually, when I leave Video app then enter again to check 3D settings it has already gone and has to be set again.

Could you please make a video of your procedure?
(2016-02-06, 18:41)sakos Wrote: Hi,

Yesterday I bought a Sony X85C TV. The first app I installed was Kodi 15.2 via Play store. It worked well with some issues hence Kodi16RC2 was installed today.
Playback of my existing fullHD movies looks very smooth after the upgrade Smile

However there is a huge problem when watching TV with Tvheadend client. HD channels are unwatchable. The picture is heavily yerky and the CPU load is almost 100%. Reboot of the TV does not help. The high CPU load is present only with HD TV channels. It is low when watching HD movies.
The Tvheadend client version is 2.2.12. It seems not using HW acceleration.
(On Kodi 15.2 TVH client version was 2.1.18. The playback was smooth but it had wrong aspect ratio)

Is there anyone else running Tvheadend client on Sony?
The same issue with Kodi 16RC3 and Tvheadend 2.2.13.
Checked again on 15.2. The CPU load at SD/HD TV channel viewing was around 40/60% respectively. On 16RC3 they are around 60/95%. Something is not well optimized. Sad
How's everyone using the Sony remote that came with the TV to bring up the context menu?
(2016-02-07, 15:49)Talguy Wrote: How's everyone using the Sony remote that came with the TV to bring up the context menu?
Just hold the crosshair between the arrow keys for a sec or two, else you can always install the keymap editor addon and map buttons yourself.
LG 77G1 • Onkyo TX-RZ70 • Q Acoustics F:2050i C:2000Ci R:2020i A:QI65C • 2x BK Elec XXLS400-DF
Vero V (OSMC) • Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) • Sony UBP-X800M2 • Sony PlayStation 5
Can anyone help me plz ..

I buy KDL-50W807C before 20 days and i can not connect ..

All work find except this concretion to server to open zip file and install

I try everything i know and got only this, also i have use over one year Kodi on PC no problem at all ..

"operation timed out"

or

Remote Share: "could not connect to network server"

I think my Sony or router have some wall to Kodi so i can not connect, how i can i open that connection etc

Sry for bad English

Tnx, i losing my mind in last 20 days i try many things and nothing only i did not change internet conection yet..
I ask pw of neighbor internet and now all work excellent, lol ..

Don't know what is wrong with my net operator or router i will change operator ..
(2016-02-06, 18:50)sakos Wrote:
(2016-01-30, 21:07)boatguypat Wrote: 3D Working!! Can someone try this and see if they get the same results? May be a good work-around until the app is recognized as type "Video"

1) After fresh reboot of the tv (hold the power button until it powers off and reboots)
2) Play a 3d movie in Kodi (i have v16-RC1 app installed) - plays SBS and tv ACTION MENU button halts playback (so cannot put the display into 3d mode)
3) Open the default VIDEO app in the tv (just labeled Video). Once there, hit the ACTION MENU button, select 3D, and put the display into 3D HSBS mode.
4) Return to Kodi, open a 3D video and presto - it plays correctly (as if you put it in SBS mode).
5) Note also i have Kodi 3d settings "3D Enabled", and also have the "Watch as 2D" switch selected, which seems to only effect the Kodi overlay and does not effect the video at all (which is nice, I hope this remains this way).

I am also using ARC, Passthrough enabled, Bravia Sync enabled (and working to the Sony A/V), and i get DTS 5.1 audio. My TV version is 5.1.1.

Hi boatguypat,

I tried to follow your guide without success. A 3D OU video file was opened in the Video application. 3D was set.
Then I left Video application by pushing Home button and open Kodi. Unfortunately I was not able to play the same video in 3D in KODI.

Probably the problem is how to return to Kodi. Actually, when I leave Video app then enter again to check 3D settings it has already gone and has to be set again.

Same here too. I was also not able to get it working like boatguypat mentioned.
(2016-02-08, 00:55)stefan1983 Wrote:
(2016-02-06, 18:50)sakos Wrote:

Hi boatguypat,

Yes i will do that later today.
(2016-02-06, 18:41)sakos Wrote: Hi,

Yesterday I bought a Sony X85C TV. The first app I installed was Kodi 15.2 via Play store. It worked well with some issues hence Kodi16RC2 was installed today.
Playback of my existing fullHD movies looks very smooth after the upgrade Smile

However there is a huge problem when watching TV with Tvheadend client. HD channels are unwatchable. The picture is heavily yerky and the CPU load is almost 100%. Reboot of the TV does not help. The high CPU load is present only with HD TV channels. It is low when watching HD movies.
The Tvheadend client version is 2.2.12. It seems not using HW acceleration.
(On Kodi 15.2 TVH client version was 2.1.18. The playback was smooth but it had wrong aspect ratio)

Is there anyone else running Tvheadend client on Sony?
Ticket opened.
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16578
(2016-02-08, 17:16)boatguypat Wrote:
(2016-02-08, 00:55)stefan1983 Wrote:
(2016-02-06, 18:50)sakos Wrote: Hi boatguypat,

Yes i will do that later today.

It is still working for me. If it does not work for you, perhaps it is due to one of the other addons i have installed? Just a guess. I have 16 RC 2 currently installed.
Thanks boatguypat!

Not working for me yet. Probably something is different in the system settings. I will play with it.
I have a KDL-55W800C and things just get better and better

Thanks to exchequer's tips for smooth playback.
-using advancedsettings.xml with buffermode set to 1. (v16.0 RC3)

PLUS!
Although my KDL-55W800C is only Full HD (1080p) it includes the same HEVC x265 hardware required for 4k Netflix. Although I will never need 4k Netflix I can watch 720p HEVC x265 files. 200mb for the same quality compared to a 1gb x264 Big Grin
Hi guys. I got a lil problem with kodi on my KDL-75W855C. CPU usage goes up above 90% and my videos are running at 15-20 fps. File access happens via windows (smb). No caching or buffering issues. If I open the video via the native video app everything runs super smooth but in kodi everything is laggy.

Files are 1080p mkv. AC3 5.1 x264. Anyone know what I can do about it? (kodi 15.2)
Hi All, an aside question for the Bravia 2015 TVs - are you able to add USB storage as internal storage? I know in Android TV this is possible, but Sony does not show this option in the Settings. Thank you.
Hi.
I bought Sony KD55X8005CB. I am more than satisfied.
I had Minix neo X8 box before and it was slower and user unfriendly.
But when using a Simple IPTV client on Kodi, suddenly problem arise. 1080 renderings become full of small squares (I don't know a phrase for it).
It mostly occurs in sports channels.
I have 100M line, Netflix works with no problems, YouTube works with no problems.
Thanks in advance
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV8