Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV
150Mbs HEVC (I'm assuming you are using 4:2:0 and HEVC?) is overkill for consumer playback devices.  

If you want to play this content back, export a more consumer-friendly version from your editing software (Prem Pro, FCP, Avid MC, Resolve etc.) If you are running 2160/23.976p then unless your material is incredibly demanding, I doubt you need go much over 50Mbs.  That material should play fine on a lot of ARM platforms running Kodi.  If you are running at 2160/50p or 2160/59.94p then maybe a bit higher - but I'd still have a look and see how many artefacts you see.  (If your material isn't that demanding you can probably reduce the bitrate lower, as playback GOP-lengths can be longer than acquisition GOP-lengths if you are shooting in a non-Intra format)

Personally I'm not doing much editing in 2160p yet, but I master my 1080i HD stuff in ProRes HQ 4:2:2 at around 200Mbs, and that's the format I keep my masters in, but for playback on Kodi devices I export an x264 encoded dual-pass H.264 version at ~30Mbs. (For some platforms I'll also use an ffmpeg Weston 3-field de-interlace to avoid the player having to de-interlace). I think it's important to separate mastering formats with playback formats.  I wouldn't expect Kodi to play ProRes HQ 4:2:2 content on an ARM device, but the convenience of playback (and cost) on ARM means exporting an ARM Kodi-friendly version makes sense (and is a simple workflow)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - by noggin - 2018-02-23, 13:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV8