Welcome MIMIC - Best Skin - Theme question
(2015-07-09, 23:08)braz Wrote: It's been up on github for a while. Updated how the focused item looks/moves on all the panel views, etc.

Bryan, you're frikkin' awesome. Just updated last night and about the only thing I wished were a little different (all panels up against each other) has now been updated and is great. Thank you!!!

Now my only wish list item is the info look when you bring up movie or album information. It's perfectly fine, but to be perfectly frank, I prefer the way the 'Titan Media...' skin handles those. Just tighter and cleaner IMO. If you looked at that and understood my point of view and tweaked Mimic a bit, I'd love it.

Either way though, I am a loyal Mimic user and evangelist!
Thanks! No plan to change the video info dialog though. I did a Google image search and saw what I think is the Titan video info dialog...I'm ok with the current layout.
(2015-07-24, 19:37)braz Wrote: Thanks! No plan to change the video info dialog though. I did a Google image search and saw what I think is the Titan video info dialog...I'm ok with the current layout.

Thanks as always for the quick response. Never say never though Smile purely from a design perspective, what I like about the movie info/album info screens on Titan and a couple other skins is that they're less 'busy'. Briefly, what i mean is that the current mimic movie and album info screens have the movie poster or album cover on one side, but the right side of the screen just feels cluttered and uncontained for lack of a better word. With the fan art in the background and depending on the overriding background color, the readability isn't always great. And the layout is spread out over most of the screen, which for 'a ten foot interface' I can get, but to my taste feels too loose.

Bryan, we're talking nits here. Mimic is by far the best skin and you are by a mile the most responsive developer. It is deeply appreciated and I thank you.
(2015-07-24, 19:56)CaptainStereo Wrote:
(2015-07-24, 19:37)braz Wrote: Thanks! No plan to change the video info dialog though. I did a Google image search and saw what I think is the Titan video info dialog...I'm ok with the current layout.

Thanks as always for the quick response. Never say never though Smile purely from a design perspective, what I like about the movie info/album info screens on Titan and a couple other skins is that they're less 'busy'. Briefly, what i mean is that the current mimic movie and album info screens have the movie poster or album cover on one side, but the right side of the screen just feels cluttered and uncontained for lack of a better word. With the fan art in the background and depending on the overriding background color, the readability isn't always great. And the layout is spread out over most of the screen, which for 'a ten foot interface' I can get, but to my taste feels too loose.

Bryan, we're talking nits here. Mimic is by far the best skin and you are by a mile the most responsive developer. It is deeply appreciated and I thank you.

And I can send a couple of comparative screen shots if it helps.

No problem, thanks for the feedback! I agree that the video info dialog is busy, but that's ok for this dialog IMO. I'd rather have all this info in the dialog rather than in the library views. Please post a screenshot if you have a good example of the Titan video info dialog.
(2015-07-24, 20:04)braz Wrote:

No problem, thanks for the feedback! I agree that the video info dialog is busy, but that's ok for this dialog IMO. I'd rather have all this info in the dialog rather than in the library views. Please post a screenshot if you have a good example of the Titan video info dialog.

edited for error
edited for error
(2015-07-24, 20:04)braz Wrote:

How the heck do you post an image? I can only get it to link to my desktop image.
(2015-07-24, 22:26)CaptainStereo Wrote: How the heck do you post an image? I can only get it to link to my desktop image.
Upload to imgur.com and then post the direct link.

Not much of a change, but I tweaked the video/music info dialogs a bit. Made the same changes to the actor/video info dialogs for the Extended Info script.

(2015-07-24, 22:39)braz Wrote:
(2015-07-24, 22:26)CaptainStereo Wrote: How the heck do you post an image? I can only get it to link to my desktop image.
Upload to imgur.com and then post the direct link.

Not much of a change, but I tweaked the video/music info dialogs a bit. Made the same changes to the actor/video info dialogs for the Extended Info script.

As always, responsive. Thank you. Here's a link to a screen shot of the Titan Media Browser info screen for a movie....
http://imgur.com/C7YjkIA
What I like is that the different sections feel contained. There's a space for attention to be drawn to one section or another. Anyway, my taste. Not everyone has to feel the same. But if you find merit in my viewpoint, that's cool too. Nothing changes the fact that Mimic rules Smile
(2015-07-25, 03:27)CaptainStereo Wrote: As always, responsive. Thank you. Here's a link to a screen shot of the Titan Media Browser info screen for a movie....
What I like is that the different sections feel contained. There's a space for attention to be drawn to one section or another. Anyway, my taste. Not everyone has to feel the same. But if you find merit in my viewpoint, that's cool too. Nothing changes the fact that Mimic rules Smile

That is nice and I would definitely use it but as much time and effort as he has put into this already I completely understand if there isn't a change. My family loves this skin as well. It's just about everything I liked in other skins without being "too much"
(2015-07-26, 19:02)japes Wrote:
(2015-07-25, 03:27)CaptainStereo Wrote: As always, responsive. Thank you. Here's a link to a screen shot of the Titan Media Browser info screen for a movie....

That is nice and I would definitely use it but as much time and effort as he has put into this already I completely understand if there isn't a change. My family loves this skin as well. It's just about everything I liked in other skins without being "too much"

Absolutely. Bryan is incredible. Not at all put off if he doesn't act on every single suggestion....even if it is a good well-reasoned one Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Welcome MIMIC - Best Skin - Theme question0