• 15(current)
MythTV front-end client built-into to XBMC
(I couldn't find an edit button to edit my previous post. Am i blind?)

Forgot to mention I'm running a fairly recent build of the 0.20-fixes branch. Will probably upgrade to 0.21 soon, since it's just released.
if it's playing too fast something's weird. could you post a debug log for me to look at.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks Elupus, I'm travelling this week so will svn up and test at the weekend
elupus,

Debug log from starting live tv: http://www.pastebin.org/23128

CPU usage during all phases (running too fast, buffering and normal play) stays normal, so this should not be related to the 100% CPU usage bug.

Frank
Hey Elupus, great work. I have been using myth since you first implemented it and I have had great experiences with it. Just a question. All of my recorded shows just list as the show title, eg. simpsons with no more information. So i have multiple listings with the same name. Is this by design? If the shows were listed as say show-season#xep#-epname the entire folder could be set as "tvshows" and scraped so the shows would be added to the database. I know this is still in early development but I am just trying to work out the easiest way to add the shows to the library which I am assuming is the ultimate goal. Anyway, just kind of talking out loud. Cheers and thanks for all the great work!
Actually never thought about using library on this stuff, but then again i se no direct problem with it.

I've not seen any info about season or show number in the info i get from mythtv (apart from the cleartext description). Thus i've got no real way of adding anything more at the moment. I will look abit more. Maybe we could parse the description using some special scraper to figure out season/show.

I could add the showtime to the name so you atleast can see difference between the different recordings thou.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

franKiboY, that wasn't a Debug Log. plus would be nice if you updated to latest svn, since that would remove some of that excessive logging about thumbnails.

Sorry I don't know how to make a debug log. I tried to search, but didn't find any description.. So I try something different (and if this is wrong, please tell me how to do this). I set loglevel to 3 and capture shell output.

Looks like it was a bit too much for pastebin, so I'll PM you a link to the files instead.. Hope this is OK.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
that was fine, was a debug log. thou i'm abit surpried at what it showed. i thought i fixed that. your audio device keeps eating up the data when a buffer underrun occurs. did you ever try to pause playback, a few seconds then resume it?

The behavior has changed a bit during the last day(s). Now it starts up too fast, as before, but instead of pausing for some time and playing for some time over and over again, it plays about 1/4 of a second and pauses for 1/4 of a second over and over again. I can see that the CPU usage jumps up and down when this happens.

I tried to pause for some seconds. The playback plays fine for one or two seconds before it starts stuttering again. I doesn't seem to matter how long I pause..

Playing recordings still works as expected.

Frank
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
elupus Wrote:Actually never thought about using library on this stuff, but then again i se no direct problem with it.

I've not seen any info about season or show number in the info i get from mythtv (apart from the cleartext description). Thus i've got no real way of adding anything more at the moment. I will look abit more. Maybe we could parse the description using some special scraper to figure out season/show.

I could add the showtime to the name so you atleast can see difference between the different recordings thou.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure if perhaps my setup was returning different names than what is done by design. One thought that might do the trick for show name etc. What about using showname and original air date to get season-ep#-epname from thetvdb. Doesn't myths description list the original air date? I might be wrong. That way it would return something like simpsons-19x13-The Debarted which would make it easier to navigate recordings and could also be added to the library with little trouble. Just a thought and obviously I have no idea the amount of work that might involve. Cheers and thanks again.
Original air date is supposed to be available, but i've yet to see it in my own transmissions.

I only get a single string for show title, wich seldom contains the episode title. Sometimes the episode title is part of the description text sometimes not and you never know where inside the description it is written. It's abit complicated :/

I get Original Air Date in a large chunk of my transmissions. Its the start-end time of the shows i think would be more beneficial. As once thats in maybe looking ahead using some skinned epg overlay would be possible? eg Listitem.Label(1)(2)(3) etc...
One real PITA is when i show is due to end according to the progress bar full screen then playback just stops. I think its to be expected as per show times, but an override would be nice.
huh? does it do that for livetv?? mine usually just continues playing. thou it doesn't update status for the next show until i restart.

• 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV front-end client built-into to XBMC1