Secondary Ordering in Smart Playlists (music)
OK, this is for a specific case which is on a totally rock solid deadline and I could really appreciate some help if you guys can assist.

I have a Kodi system (on a raspberry pi) which is being used as a jukebox at my upcoming wedding party. There is no screen and no wifi at the venue so the playlists are being controlled by some hardware buttons. Turn on button one, play playlist one, etc. It's here if anyone wants a look: http://blog.shinium.eu/2015/06/raspberry...kebox.html

So I have four folder full of mp3s picked out to populate the smart playlists with - Daytime, Evening, Late and SundayMorning - I've updated the genre tags to reflect this, that seemed the easiest way to sort them.

The issue I'm having is how to apply <order> to them. I'd really like to order on LastPlayed ascending, so that we can start/stop the playlists safely without risking replaying tracks. I would like to avoid random because some of the playlists are quite large and the Pi isn't exactly fast at the best of times.

I guess my question is two part:

1. What is the secondary ordering method after LastPlayed? (or whatever).

2. How can I make that method random (ideally without doing an expensive ORDER BY RANDOM())

I'm happy renaming the files to random filenames (all mp3s are copies from my collection, not originals), if that would work. Same for the track titles, or whatever else that would do the job.

Could it be as simple as just using two <order> tags in the playlist? For various reasons, I write out my playlist xml using a python script rather than through Kodi's UI.

I'm using whatever the latest stable version of Kodi is in Raspbian. 15.1, I think?

Any tips or pointers greatly appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Secondary Ordering in Smart Playlists (music)0