Linux Automatically create .nfo files for Kodi
I currently share my media from my NAS via NFS to my HTPC with OpenELEC installed.
So I thought about using Plex as a DLNA server since it can transcode the media which is it better for streaming to my tablet or smartphone over wifi.

I know Kodi can read metadata from .nfo files and there also is a plugin for Plex which acts as metadata agent and imports the movies and shows from the .nfo files.

So I wanna know, which thrid party software can create these .nfo files automatically (with anime support!), I know Kodi is able to export the libraries to .nfo files, but my HTPC would have to be turned on for this and also I'm not sure if Kodi can do this automatically.

Edit: Oh I just found out that filebot can do this via CLI, so I can technically run a cronjob and it fetches metadata and artwork for me, great! I'd probably have to write my own AniDB script, but since I'm a Javadev I can probably do this on my own. Smile

Edit2: Had to realize, that the AniDB client from filebot doesn't give me enough information for anime, so I can't access the description etc..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatically create .nfo files for Kodi0