• 442(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
(2018-01-24, 08:51)mikeSiLVO Wrote: @bobrap Everything work out?

@Slipass I'll take a look at the Live Backgrounds but if that is the only issue when using a low performance device then... Why not just avoid using that option?
That's a good question. The backgrounds are an important "trademark" of Madnox for me and I just love them.

In your mod of Aeon Nox 5 I have no problems on low power GPUs. So I have some hope. Big Grin
Unfortunately, a few small features at Madnox are better for me than at Nox 5
(2018-01-24, 09:30)Slipass Wrote: That's a good question. The backgrounds are an important "trademark" of Madnox for me and I just love them.
In your mod of Aeon Nox 5 I have no problems on low power GPUs. So I have some hope. Big Grin

Is there anything missing from the SiLVO version that is not in MadNox? Just wondering if I can save time by just adding my xmls and changing them to work with MadNox...
(2018-01-24, 11:12)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2018-01-24, 09:30)Slipass Wrote: That's a good question. The backgrounds are an important "trademark" of Madnox for me and I just love them.

Is there anything missing from the SiLVO version that is not in MadNox? Just wondering if I can save time by just adding my xmls and changing them to work with MadNox... 
 So I don't miss anything Explicitly on the LiveDVD background at first glance.

It is important that the Smartplaylists can be displayed as LiveDVD Background.
I can also test it if you send me the data before it is loaded on GITHUB.

At Aeon Nox SiLVO I miss some little things like the discarts and cases for TV shows etc. For more details, I'd have to take a look tonight.
(2018-01-24, 08:51)mikeSiLVO Wrote: @bobrap Everything work out?
 Tried a new fresh Leia 64bit nightly.  Installed Madnox from https://github.com/mikesilvo164/skin.aeon.madnox.git.  Installed all the addons listed in the skin help section.  Using the tri-panel view (I almost exclusively use low list and tri-panel), the panel that shows movie info is not there for movie sets.  I tried a couple other views, fanart list for one, and the movie/movieset info appears. What else can I provide you with and I really appreciate you remembering my little "problem".  Thanks.  Here's a log if it might help.  Thanks, again.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2018-01-24, 12:28)Slipass Wrote:
(2018-01-24, 11:12)mikeSiLVO Wrote:

So I don't miss anything Explicitly on the LiveDVD background at first glance.

It is important that the Smartplaylists can be displayed as LiveDVD Background.
I can also test it if you send me the data before it is loaded on GITHUB.

At Aeon Nox SiLVO I miss some little things like the discarts and cases for TV shows etc. For more details, I'd have to take a look tonight.    
 Hi Mike,

i
 have written down a few things, which I love to use in Madnox but the SiLVO Mod doesn't have.
Don't get me wrong. The SiLVO Mod is really great and a great job, but it doesn't offer me all the features I want.

And i love the performance from the SiLVO Mod......

• No cases in the TV series in the LiveBackground

• Cases in the TV series in the view: LowList only in the first level - not continuous fort he seasons and episodes
  • Date indication for the series in the view: LowList is too confusing
  • The font for the TV information etc. too large and therefore only little info text at once (no space)
  • No fake disc in the view: LowList for tv series

• No fanarts at the InfoPanal in view ShowCase at movies - update: my mistake its possible
  • Not possible to deactivate the hole Fanart Background
  • Navigation cannot be fixed in the ShowCase movie view
  • No Fake Disc Art

• No channel logos on Live TV in the large window
  • Station logos for LiveTV on the right-hand side only

• No 3D boxes for music
  • In the main menu no date display at the top
I found two little bugs in the box case mod from Madnox

If I have more than one box, the logos will be taken over by the other box.
The box has no fanart from the movie - not so bad, without it looks good too (Maybe you can turn it on and off with the switch/config)

@Slipass thanks for the info and I will look into what you have posted but I am sorry if there was a miscommunication.

I did not mean replace all xml's with SiLVO versions just the Live Backgrounds part you were talking about. All those extra options you mentioned could be the reason that you see performance issues. Aeon MadNox is a heavy skin. Even in the first post and all subsequent comments from Mike_Doc and schimi acknowledge that as being the case.

The MadNox rewrite from Mr. V is the one that will perform better on all devices. I can try to optimize but my plan is currently to only update the skin to work on new Kodi versions. I will do my best to make it perform "better" but this skin is Mike_Doc and schimi's baby so anything that might need to be removed is not something I will consider without Mike's approval or opinion on the matter.

I hope that what I am trying to do here with @Mike_Doc, @bsoriano, and @meowmoo will help Mr. V with his rewrite. I will gladly help there as well if I can but currently I prefer to assist and not lead the way. I have my own skin where I am the BOSS so I want Mike_Doc to tell me if he has any issues with any changes and Mr. V to tell me what he would like me to work on. With Aeon MadNox I am OK with working on whatever cause Mike has given me his OK to do so but with MadNox I need to know what I can do vs. what I cannot.

Personally I find it "easier" ATM to adapt current code but I can say that the most recent version of the updated MadNox is really good, no..., Like REALLY good. Mr. V's latest update to the base skin is just phenomenal Smile

My only "issue" is using VAR's for only two values. Due to the VAR issue in previous Kodi version. I prefer to have at least a 3 or more valued VAR, obviously there are always exception but that is my "general" rule ATM... Shy

P.S. I do this myself in some places so it is not a complaint or anything, just an observation.

@bobrap I do not see an issue at all on Leia. Do you mean the InfoPanel or something? Can you please post a screenshot and a new debug log (wiki) with all settings enabled while entering TriPanel view where the issue is.

EDIT: @bobrap something appears to be wrong with your install. I recommend deleting all MadNox folders and using SmartGit to clone the repo. You can then update without having to download each time there is a skin change.

If you need help just let me know.
@mikeSiLVO  

Thanks mike for you kind words. I hope to push an update on git in the next few weeks, any feedback will be great.

@mikeSiLVO and @Slipass 

As you said Mike, Aeon Madnox is a heavy skin.

A compatibility update and other fixes for Leia may not be enough to make it run smooth on low spec systems. I spent some time looking at the the code for Aeon Madnox and the amount of changes required for a huge performance boost may not be possible with out re-coding the whole skin. On the other side, the git changes from mike, will improve the performance on lower spec system like Ordroid or Pi Zero. If it is enough time will tell.

The suspects i believe are (a big list), string compares, color picker, duplicate textures, variables with in variables within variables ect. , includes within includes within includes ect. , too many visibility conditions, too many animations, too may scripts pulling info from the web, bloated fonts, bloated localized strings and too big textures, hence the 300mb+ skin size. This pretty much sums up the whole skin from a coding perspective.

The end result is a skin that requires good cpu power and good memory. What ever the system specs required atm i am unsure of.

@Slipass 
V2 is in the works. It may take six months, it may take a year. ArieS and myself are getting the alpha version ready for the community. Everything mentioned, i have taken into consideration for performance of low spec systems. Time will tell.

@All
Right now!!!, we have Mike's improved version of Aeon Madnox, who is doing a great job in improving the skin and performance. Feature complete and running rather well on higher spec systems. https://github.com/mikesilvo164/skin.aeon.madnox
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2018-01-26, 06:01)mikeSiLVO Wrote: @Slipass thanks for the info and I will look into what you have posted but I am sorry if there was a miscommunication.

I did not mean replace all xml's with SiLVO versions just the Live Backgrounds part you were talking about. All those extra options you mentioned could be the reason that you see performance issues. Aeon MadNox is a heavy skin. Even in the first post and all subsequent comments from Mike_Doc and schimi acknowledge that as being the case.

The MadNox rewrite from Mr. V is the one that will perform better on all devices. I can try to optimize but my plan is currently to only update the skin to work on new Kodi versions. I will do my best to make it perform "better" but this skin is Mike_Doc and schimi's baby so anything that might need to be removed is not something I will consider without Mike's approval or opinion on the matter.

I hope that what I am trying to do here with @Mike_Doc, @bsoriano, and @meowmoo will help Mr. V with his rewrite. I will gladly help there as well if I can but currently I prefer to assist and not lead the way. I have my own skin where I am the BOSS so I want Mike_Doc to tell me if he has any issues with any changes and Mr. V to tell me what he would like me to work on. With Aeon MadNox I am OK with working on whatever cause Mike has given me his OK to do so but with MadNox I need to know what I can do vs. what I cannot.

Personally I find it "easier" ATM to adapt current code but I can say that the most recent version of the updated MadNox is really good, no..., Like REALLY good. Mr. V's latest update to the base skin is just phenomenal Smile

My only "issue" is using VAR's for only two values. Due to the VAR issue in previous Kodi version. I prefer to have at least a 3 or more valued VAR, obviously there are always exception but that is my "general" rule ATM... Shy

P.S. I do this myself in some places so it is not a complaint or anything, just an observation.

@bobrap I do not see an issue at all on Leia. Do you mean the InfoPanel or something? Can you please post a screenshot and a new debug log (wiki) with all settings enabled while entering TriPanel view where the issue is.

EDIT: @bobrap something appears to be wrong with your install. I recommend deleting all MadNox folders and using SmartGit to clone the repo. You can then update without having to download each time there is a skin change.

Thanks for the info mike.

I figured you were just talking about the LiveBackground part. Wink

I think the LB in SiLVO is a good way. Only the missing cases in the TV series.

You can also set case options in Madnox, which is missing from SiLVO. Not bad for me but I don't know if it is an important option for other users?

(2018-01-26, 08:47)Mr. V Wrote: @mikeSiLVO  

Thanks mike for you kind words. I hope to push an update on git in the next few weeks, any feedback will be great.

@mikeSiLVO and @Slipass 

A compatibility update and other fixes for Leia may not be enough to make it run smooth on low spec systems. I spent some time looking at the the code for Aeon Madnox and the amount of changes required for a huge performance boost may not be possible with out re-coding the whole skin. On the other side, the git changes from mike, will improve the performance on lower spec system like Ordroid or Pi Zero. If it is enough time will tell.

The suspects i believe are (a big list), string compares, color picker, duplicate textures, variables with in variables within variables ect. , includes within includes within includes ect. , too many visibility conditions, too many animations, too may scripts pulling info from the web, bloated fonts, bloated localized strings and too big textures, hence the 300mb+ skin size. This pretty much sums up the whole skin from a coding perspective.

The end result is a skin that requires good cpu power and good memory. What ever the system specs required atm i am unsure of.

@Slipass 
V2 is in the works. It may take six months, it may take a year. ArieS and myself are getting the alpha version ready for the community. Everything mentioned, i have taken into consideration for performance of low spec systems. Time will tell.

@All
Right now!!!, we have Mike's improved version of Aeon Madnox, who is doing a great job in improving the skin and performance. Feature complete and running rather well on higher spec systems. https://github.com/mikesilvo164/skin.aeon.madnox
 Thank you, Mr. V, I would be happy to test your version.
I am waiting for the link in the forum: D

You're absolutely right. Madnox has a lot of graphics and animations but I think that's what Madnox is all about.

I'm curious to see how your version of madnox looks like.

@Mr. V Mr. 
You already told me that you are open for feedback and "new" features?
Would it be interesting for you if I posted my must-have features from Madnox here?
Maybe it is possible to include them in your version?

I just need only a handful of Madnox features in the current version.
As far as I'm concerned, you can deactivate everything else. But this certainly does not apply to other Madnox users. They have reconfigured the skin and love these very personal settings. Its not easy Smile
(2018-01-26, 08:47)Mr. V Wrote: @mikeSiLVO  

@mikeSiLVO and @Slipass 

@Slipass 

@All
I am glad you posted, @M. V! (I really do not know how to make usernames with spaces work with the new notification system, so I hope it is working...).

You really have done a superb job, not only with the MadNox rewrite but the widgets you have spent so much time on for both Aeon MadNox and SiLVO.

You did what you should not have had to even consider doing which was to apologize to me for how I perceived things. I am truly sorry for that, I am an asshole Sad.

While I try my best not to be, I often fail at that endeavor.

I agree with your assessment:
"The suspects i believe are (a big list), string compares, color picker, duplicate textures, variables with in variables within variables ect. , includes within includes within includes ect. , too many visibility conditions, too many animations, too may scripts pulling info from the web, bloated fonts, bloated localized strings and too big textures, hence the 300mb+ skin size. This pretty much sums up the whole skin from a coding perspective."

Tracing all that is such a pain in the ass-cheek... my goal is to work on what is here now to perhaps give you a better "framework" to (maybe?) add to the base skin. Just cause it exists in Aeon MadNox does not mean you should consider adding it. Aeon MadNox may continue but MadNox is and will be the future.

Seriously, I would use what you got now. I don't care about all the extra stuff but that may just be me Wink.

I plan to continue working on Aeon MadNox and keep it updated for the foreseeable future. I will gladly work on what you want me too as well but I need you to be OK with telling me what to do. I have no desire to be in charge or lead the way, so feel free to boss me around, slap me like a child, and give me something to work on Nod Cool.

If you gonna slap me though, at least give me something to do first Tongue
i @mikeSiLVO 

a little Bug in the Leia Version:

I get no infomration about the video source.

Kodi 17:

Kodi 18:
(2018-01-26, 06:01)mikeSiLVO Wrote: @bobrap I do not see an issue at all on Leia. Do you mean the InfoPanel or something? Can you please post a screenshot and a new debug log (wiki) with all settings enabled while entering TriPanel view where the issue is.

Here's a couple screenshots and my log.  Don't want to be a bother about this.  If it's my setup, I can always use a different view that doesn't have the problem.  Thank, again.   Log

YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
@mikeSiLVO 

first let me say thanks for your work at the current leia version and for your help.

I have a problem with the latest milhouse build from last night and the latest git version from madnox for leia.

I have enable Alphabet scrollbar. When i start kodi and enter my movies and then press down i get an blank bar (see screenshot1). After 10-20 seconds press down afgain i have the scrollbar (see screenshot2). When i then select as example the "m" letter, a white marker flash from "L" to "M" to "N" and back like a flashlight. But i dont jump to this letter. Is there anything i make wrong or is it a bug.

Logfile

https://pastebin.com/BHZqeb6S

If i press twice down i get this scrollbar.

In Kodi 17 i could now scroll fast through my complete library. In Kodi 18 i could only scroll fast through one letter ? Ok Update: I have found the solution , if i disable show scroll letter i could scroll fast through my library.

Last question, i could not find the settings to active live background in sets

Thanks
Dear Mike & Doc, 
Have you stopped all updates for Krypton branch ? 
I can see that Leia has been mantained  but due to many reasons I choose not to have Leia as my daily go to , But I really miss the updates in krypton version of madnox.
is it possible to keep it updated as well until Kodi 18 is officially released and all bugs kinked out ?
Cheers !
  • 442(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39