• 172(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
(2015-12-20, 10:38)jimicr Wrote: Hey all, thanks for the great work,

Can I run the Skinshortcut version and the normal one side by side?

Only if you change the addon id for one of them. It is recommended to also change the display name so you can tell the two apart when selecting a skin.
Okay thanks,

I just want to report a small bug I found. I did a clean install on my NUC using the latest version from here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238393 .
When I was adding my sources I couldn't select the "Local nfo only". switched back to confluence and there it worked.
Hi guys,
I just wanted to report the My TV Shows Airing today widget does not populate anything.
Thankyou for your time Blush

Version: skin.shortcut test version
WTF... just check the newest git version and... well... panel backrounds, cases... what did you guys took ? it must be good stuff Wink

the status right now is FAR MORE then i have expected in a month or two... thats a realy great job - well done guys !!! incredible

i need to test a bit now to see, what i notice and update my "wishlist" ... but on first look this list is a lot smaller now ( and i still have a bad feeling to post these wishes... because its already so much what you guys did Smile )

thx
schimi

@ rest of the friends here - if you post a problem now, please write if you are using the skin.shortcut test version or the regular madnox version from Mikes Git please... its getting confused if we mixed things up Wink
thx
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
(2015-12-20, 13:59)Rastan Wrote: Hi guys,
I just wanted to report the My TV Shows Airing today widget does not populate anything.

That widget is provided by the extended info script, so first test to see if you get anything listed via Videos > Add-ons > ExtendedInfo Script > TV shows airing today (the widget will display exactly the same items as you see here - so if you don't see anything here, you won't see anything in the widget.) If you do see something there, try changing the art style of the widget - it's quite possible some artwork isn't available - and switch to the list style widget. (More artwork choices will come when we decide how to handle the default widgets - see conversation earlier in thread).
so... after a first playround i found this things:

watch gallery

well... its already working so much smoother now ! i get my widgets directly and my kodi is closing much faster now ( have some huge lag with old addons used )
and i think, its not a big deal, when we "lost" some features from old settings... sometimes we need a small change to get maybe some better things in the end Smile

like i wrote in one of the images - i dont know how much we can "change" in the end of the code, without messing around with further updates Mr.V or Sir Bob will add to the addon/widgets ...

well... i am realy happy now already ... and not because its sunday hehe
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

Updated the job list with those Smile (And I'll try to keep it up to date as issues are found...)

* Text cut off - I think this is a font issue, as on Silvo two lines display nicely here
* System info widget - easily doable, without the icons, the same way the weather widget is done. I'll try and sort it today.
* Custom widget - should be able to use a Skin Shortcuts 'additional menu' for that. Leave it with me. Edit:- Actually, you should probably be able to use Super Favourites to do that right now
* Custom icons - in the management dialog, select 'Change icon'... (you may need to add the folder you want to get icons from as a source in the File Manager)
@schmi2k: How did you get the widget info on picture 3 to show up (the episode information)? Whenever I click on a widget item I either go to extendedinfo, or directly into my library.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Hi All, again thanks for the such quick improvements, really astonishing.

Just some general questions on the new widgets if I may, but please know I could be asking stupid questions so apologies if all these are possible and I just haven't figured it out yet or that there is still work outstanding that may cover them. Apologies if jumping the gun as well.

1) Is it possible to use smart playlists in the widgets?

The way this works in the original skin is as follows

Select edit main menu from System sub-menu, once there press up to get 1st screen shot, then select Smart Playlist Manager to get 2nd screenshot. Here you can see we are allowed to create a max of 6 for widget 1 and same for widget 2. You can see from me screen shot that I basically have created the following for the widget 1. Latest entries for source 3D, playlist Best Picture (oscars), IMDB 250, source Adult, source Concerts and finally source Standup. I've then repeated the 6 but instead of Latest (Recently added?) I have choosen Random.

Once these are setup they then become available as options in the Widget chooser window, 3rd screen shot, and once slected for widget 1 and 2 I get home screens like screen shots 4,5 & 6.

It's also possible to use a smart playlist for the infoline as well, so If use assign the Latest smartplaylist then the infoline generally seems to be correct, i.e. all films, watched, unwatched for the source, playlist whatever.

So, is and of this possible in the new widgets or is it something I'll need to chat to Mr. V once everything is done and look into adding it as a widget option in the new version?

watch gallery

2) Connectec to 1, is it possible to have widget content random?

3) Is it possible to define a widget to only show unwatched? As we effectively used Skin Widgets for the "old" widgets then these all seem to be options in the config of skin widgets for questions 2 & 3.

Again, these are just questions on the new widgets nothing more Wink

Regards.

Mike
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2015-12-20, 16:38)BobCratchett Wrote: Updated the job list with those Smile (And I'll try to keep it up to date as issues are found...)

* Text cut off - I think this is a font issue, as on Silvo two lines display nicely here
* System info widget - easily doable, without the icons, the same way the weather widget is done. I'll try and sort it today.
* Custom widget - should be able to use a Skin Shortcuts 'additional menu' for that. Leave it with me. Edit:- Actually, you should probably be able to use Super Favourites to do that right now
* Custom icons - in the management dialog, select 'Change icon'... (you may need to add the folder you want to get icons from as a source in the File Manager)

when did you fix the icons Huh wtf... man... you fix things faster then we can test it hehe
thx Sir Smile i will feed my main player with this version now and try to configure it like the old one... may the force be with me yoda Wink

(2015-12-20, 18:10)Alanon Wrote: @schmi2k: How did you get the widget info on picture 3 to show up (the episode information)? Whenever I click on a widget item I either go to extendedinfo, or directly into my library.

well, this is one thing, i realy like ( better then the old version if you ask me ) - move to the widget item and press "i" on keyboard or the key for "info" and the info pops up Smile

when this HUGE upgrade is done, i will make some updates on my HOW TO next year ... ( even when nobody is checking them hehe )

and a +1 for the Mikes Post too Smile ... this would be the cream dip on the top of the mountain with a cherry and a peace of chocolate served by katy perry in a princess leia costum on a star wars marathon on midnight...

(2015-12-20, 16:10)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2015-12-20, 13:59)Rastan Wrote: Hi guys,

That widget is provided by the extended info script, so first test to see if you get anything listed via Videos > Add-ons > ExtendedInfo Script > TV shows airing today (the widget will display exactly the same items as you see here - so if you don't see anything here, you won't see anything in the widget.) If you do see something there, try changing the art style of the widget - it's quite possible some artwork isn't available - and switch to the list style widget. (More artwork choices will come when we decide how to handle the default widgets - see conversation earlier in thread).

HI, I just followed your instructions and checked the shows via the extended info script. There are shows listed, however some views have no artwork.

If I change view type artwork appears

If I change the widget art to Fanart or Poster I have no artwork. Nothing appears if I change the style to list either. I am guessing the name of the shows in text should be there.

Sorry I could not locate the previous discussion on the subject. I also noticed the extended info version of next aired has information on shows weither or not you have them in your collection and are in fact following. The next aired in Madnox, Shednox and Nox 4 used I think the next aired script. Which shows you shows you have in your collection, rather than all shows aired on the day in question. Is it possible to tell the extended info version to only list shows inside your database?
@Mike_Doc:-

1. Yes. 'Select widget' - 'Video Library >' or 'Music Library' - 'Playlists >' (they're also available for backgrounds, too). For info lines, set it as the target of the main menu item, then choose the relevant option from the bottom of the 'Choose infoline' dialog (actually, I have a feeling that all three do exactly the same...)
2. XML side, it's possible to set an option on the content tag of a list to change the sort order, and I think I remember Mr. V talking about exposing this functionality...
3. What's displayed is what's returned by the addon/library node/playlist - so this can only be changed by editing library nodes, editing the playlist or if the add-on has that option (the Default Widgets are provided by the Skin Helper Service, ExtendedInfo and Library Data Provider - depending on which are currently installed)

@schimi2k - that's how fast Mr Silvo is Smile

@Rastan - Added the missing label to the jobs list. No idea if extended info can be configured like that.
(2015-12-20, 19:39)BobCratchett Wrote: @Mike_Doc:-

1. Yes. 'Select widget' - 'Video Library >' or 'Music Library' - 'Playlists >' (they're also available for backgrounds, too). For info lines, set it as the target of the main menu item, then choose the relevant option from the bottom of the 'Choose infoline' dialog (actually, I have a feeling that all three do exactly the same...)
2. XML side, it's possible to set an option on the content tag of a list to change the sort order, and I think I remember Mr. V talking about exposing this functionality...
3. What's displayed is what's returned by the addon/library node/playlist - so this can only be changed by editing library nodes, editing the playlist or if the add-on has that option (the Default Widgets are provided by the Skin Helper Service, ExtendedInfo and Library Data Provider - depending on which are currently installed)

@schimi2k - that's how fast Mr Silvo is Smile

@Rastan - Added the missing label to the jobs list. No idea if extended info can be configured like that.

Thankyou Blush
Thanks Bob,

I can see the playlists so I guess what I need to do is transpose the 1st screen into multiple new smart playlists and then just assign those playlists to the relevant widget?

Just tried it by defining a new smart playlist 3D Random and set order by to random but the widget content is exactly as per just selecting the source / original widget. Then tried a Latest widget setting sort order to Date added and descending and that seems to work, so it seems that there may be an issue with sort order Random?

Sorry, I should stop comparing old to new and raising the questions, guess it's just because you get used to the old. Especially concerning you gentlemen and giving up your free time to help on our Skin and that it is this time of the year as well.

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Whenever i try to download from GIT , allways the download fails
why?
Can you give me a link?
Thanks
  • 172(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39