• 264(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
Just to clarify, there is no solution for animation of posters / thumbs etc. in Madnox at the moment other than animated gifs being introduced in Kodi 16 but you have to manually set them, you could find if you went in the the infodialog for a tvshow and see if you can manually set the thumb image to a gif, then you could possibly get animated thumbs on widgets?

We only use what you have scraped or manually applied to a movie / tvshow and then that's through properties supplied by Kodi etc. only in instances like music logos do we actually get the .png file from a folder.

"I didn't know if it was a widget issue or a skinhelper.service issue.". It's neither as stated its a configuration issue of your artwork.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
@schimi, I noticed there was a change in the strings.po, so I went ahead and added the new string to the Spanish translation (and also fixed a few mistakes I had previously made in the translation!). Here is the updated Spanish strings.po:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9u3rsaq3c7rf9...h.zip?dl=0

Regards,

Bart
(2016-03-04, 15:05)schimi2k Wrote: hmmm i still say they are looking weird hehe Tongue

well, when you are using a sql database it can be ( and i think it is ) that there are still the old infos from your "great" other nfo you are using before ...
thats why i told you to check your sql database ( i use HEIDI for it ) - check the links and then you can see if there are still some "great" links to some old fanarts
( dont ask me please for a guide how to do that... thats not so easy to explain in some small steps )
i have checked here over 100 movies of my collection ( 4 playlists incl random ) and i have always the poster

lets wait for some other people who have the same problems maybe, before the guys try to fix something, that is caused by something else
even if Mr.V is already working on something ...

I took a look at it. If I'm right I have to install and configure mysql and them install and configure Heidisql.
It is not bad will but I don't know how to set it up right now, plus I'll have to make some entries in HEIDI with old path/new path (I looked at the wiki and it seems really complicated, I am really a noob at this). And why old path, new path ? How to connect ? How to verify entries ?.... I'm sorry but I have no experience in this and don't want to corrupt my whole database.
Maybe some day, when I'll get time to spend an entire day on it.

I'm really sorry if Mr V. started to work on something, he made his choice by himself last night and I told him I was very frustrated to be for now the only person responsible for this.
He answered me he was doing that only for the love of Kodi.

So unless I am completely aware of the functionning of mysql and HEIDI in the next hours, I won't be able to run some more tests as I already gave widget structure, logs, tons of screenshots and spent two hours from 2 am to 4 am last night to make the maintenance cache utility work without any kind of success.

The worst part of it : I feel selfish now for not taking time to make mysql work. I'm truly sorry but I feel this is gonna take me a lot of explanations and time and don't know how to do it.

Regards
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
(2016-03-04, 15:09)Mike_Doc Wrote: Just to clarify, there is no solution for animation of posters / thumbs etc. in Madnox at the moment other than animated gifs being introduced in Kodi 16 but you have to manually set them, you could find if you went in the the infodialog for a tvshow and see if you can manually set the thumb image to a gif, then you could possibly get animated thumbs on widgets?

We only use what you have scraped or manually applied to a movie / tvshow and then that's through properties supplied by Kodi etc. only in instances like music logos do we actually get the .png file from a folder.

"I didn't know if it was a widget issue or a skinhelper.service issue.". It's neither as stated its a configuration issue of your artwork.

Yes, I do it manually for each movie with the "get illustration button". I noticed by doing that, that animated posters are kept for widgets, but not episode thumbs. Instead I have the first frame of my gif. Don't know if it's a gif resolution/duration thing or just not supported.
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
(2016-03-04, 15:20)bsoriano Wrote: @schimi, I noticed there was a change in the strings.po, so I went ahead and added the new string to the Spanish translation (and also fixed a few mistakes I had previously made in the translation!). Here is the updated Spanish strings.po:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9u3rsaq3c7rf9...h.zip?dl=0

Regards,

Bart

hmmm the actual file have 771 strings... like the new one and the other ones - but i will replace it with your new one
( if you mean the strings who starts with "#~" - dont know why they appear all the time - maybe kodi add some - but with "#" at the beginning, they are comment out - so you can ignore them )

thx Smile
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
(2016-03-04, 11:45)meowmoo Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 03:10)bobrap Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 01:45)meowmoo Wrote: just pushed the "Blow Home Bar info for Videos"

Please pardon my ignorance, but, what is this and how is it set?
Someone suggested to use the lower info for full screen video playback in the background, so he don't have the now playing widget in the picture.

Go to now playin settings, disable the playback widgets, and enable the below bar option and the full screen playback option, start a movie, hit ESC till you are back at the menu. And I looks like in the picture.

Got it. Pretty clever!Laugh
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
@Lockos, drop your Video DB somewhere and I take a look at it. When I find some time.

Your on Jarvis right?

Maby also share the NFO for the movie
(2016-03-04, 04:25)dvbtjunkie Wrote: Hey, one little question:

Is the only way to show 3D Movies over the Poster Blueray Cover Menu?
I understood that after the Movie ist detected as a 3D Movie, the Resolution Logo changed to a 3D Logo.
My 3D movies has only the Blueray3D logo in the Cover Overlay View and in the OSD.the Resolution Logo is always 1080

The moviesfiles all named blalba-3D.sbs-1080p.mkv

Thanks in advance!

New infos, Kodi detect the Movie as 3D Movie, the SILVO NOX SKIN shows the 3D Logo as the source Logo.

Another Bug, the List View in TV Shows always show the Poster and not the Thumbs.

Thanks
(2016-03-04, 14:52)schimi2k Wrote:
> > > UPDATE < < < UPDATE > > > UPDATE < < <

MADNOX V0.9.0 RC-1 TIPPS

>>>looki looki<<<
( add Infoline and Custom Widget config help )

I did a fresh install like suggested on that updated post.. question - will not having those last 3 addons cause serious problems in the main screen/menu?? I exited the help window to do the manual add-on installs and I basically got a blank screen with the generic backround.. i plan to re-do the install from scratch this evening, that seems like my only option.. just wanted ppl to be aware
Here's the nfo provided by schimi (which as mine doesn't work either) : nfo

Here's my video db : video db

The movie you have to look is Lone Ranger.

Good luck with that
(2016-03-04, 16:42)dvbtjunkie Wrote:

I understood that after the Movie ist detected as a 3D Movie, the Resolution Logo changed to a 3D Logo.
My 3D movies has only the Blueray3D logo in the Cover Overlay View and in the OSD.the Resolution Logo is always 1080

Thanks in advance!

New infos, Kodi detect the Movie as 3D Movie, the SILVO NOX SKIN shows the 3D Logo as the source Logo.

Another Bug, the List View in TV Shows always show the Poster and not the Thumbs.

Thanks

dvbtjunkie,

For the second issue you mention, at what level are you seeing this? At a TV Show level, List view is supposed (and does) show the poster for the TV Show.

I think you are referring to List view at an Episode level, and if so, I can confirm that the "Poster" toggle does not work at this level, it always shows the Season Poster. We will add it as a bug for the team to look at. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2016-03-04, 17:06)Lockos Wrote: Here's the nfo provided by schimi (which as mine doesn't work either) : nfo

Here's my video db : video db

The movie you have to look is Lone Ranger.

Good luck with that

i guess the é is the Problem when i rename the title to just "Lone Ranger" refresh it, run Artwork Downloader all is fine

in your nfo and DB the Name is Lone Ranger, Naissance d'un H‚ros its missing the é.

pls delete it from your Kodi db, wipe your texture db and thumbfolder (make a backup)
rename it to Just "Lone Ranger" in the NFO and try again if it works

do movies like
Le Hobbit : La Désolation de Smaug
La Vie d'Adèle
and so on work?
@bart, yes in the episode level and thanks...
(2016-03-04, 16:47)dRwOOD Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 14:52)schimi2k Wrote:

MADNOX V0.9.0 RC-1 TIPPS

>>>looki looki<<<
( add Infoline and Custom Widget config help )

I did a fresh install like suggested on that updated post.. question - will not having those last 3 addons cause serious problems in the main screen/menu?? I exited the help window to do the manual add-on installs and I basically got a blank screen with the generic backround.. i plan to re-do the install from scratch this evening, that seems like my only option.. just wanted ppl to be aware
more infos please Smile
fresh install of what ? complete kodi ? just madnox ? are you comming from jarvis or isengard ( or even older ? ) what os ?
when you come already from a jarvis with old madnox you should just delete ( or rename for backup ) the settings.xml file of it - if you are comming from isengard, you have maybe still an old guisettings.xml with all old skin settings in it - in this case you should renew this too Wink ... well thats why i write to start complete fresh with jarvis to avoid mixed old stuff problems...
those 3 addons you cant install by clicking on it ( cause they arent on official repo ! ) are just needed for other things ( see 4th image of my help screens - Image name: main menu 04 )
they are just for movieset infos, more colors and moviesetart automator for adding artwork for moviesets - not realy important addons for running madnox ! ( but helpfull ^^ )
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

(2016-03-04, 17:46)bsoriano Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 16:42)dvbtjunkie Wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Thanks

dvbtjunkie,

For the second issue you mention, at what level are you seeing this? At a TV Show level, List view is supposed (and does) show the poster for the TV Show.

I think you are referring to List view at an Episode level, and if so, I can confirm that the "Poster" toggle does not work at this level, it always shows the Season Poster. We will add it as a bug for the team to look at. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
can confirm this too
and when i have slim list active, the media infos under the poster are moving to the right ( too much - mpaa is cut off ) - on normal ( not slim list ) its moving back to normal position

• 264(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39