Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
@mikeSiLVO:

I've gone through and done some testing on the items you've worked on, and also cleaned out / re-downloaded the GitHUB repository via GitHUB Desktop. I completely deleted the repository and re-cloned the whole thing from the GitHUB website to mitigate any ".gitignore" exclusions that might have been altered. I also deleted the destination folder and settings file for Aeon MadNox from my target Kodi directory.

So with the above in mind, I will move on to my testing results for the items worked on...

Issue 1:
(2018-07-12, 08:10)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Issue 1 should be fixed.
Sorry Mike, not seeing any difference here. The TV episode info screen still looks exactly as per my previous screenshot. I've completely removed the previous "portable data" folder, and re-synced directly from GitHUB desktop. New guisettings, new add-on settings, new viewmodes6.db, No joy It's still showing the standard Aeon Madnox information window, not the extended info one.

Issue 2:
(2018-07-12, 08:10)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Issue 2 should also be fixed. I dropped all the library path stuff and just switched to Skin Helper Service.
I cannot see the duplicate ratings I only see the star rating in the right hand side. Would you happen to know what settings might change that to what your seeing? Old settings thing or bad skin pull from Git maybe...?
Confirmed. Thanks very much! It does take anywhere up to 5 seconds for the "fake cdART" to be replaced in this section, but since my content is stored on a NAS, served via PowerLine AV+, this is to be expected.

With regards the ratings bar; It's gone - completely. None of my music has ratings, so this might be why. I would point out that in the screenshot you supplied, with a displayed rating, your using coloured icons, whereas mine were using white icons. The sizes also wildly differ, so there might have been some duplication going on because of that. Either way, the duplicated ratings bar, and indeed any ratings bar, has disappeared. I'll put this one down to leftover files from the "Krypton" branch for now, as I directly "Switched" branches in GitHUB Desktop from "Krypton" to "Leia", thinking it would be clever enough to clean up after itself. Maybe not.

Issue 3:
(2018-07-12, 08:10)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Issue 3 I have no idea why it was changed to look like the side-blade. I assume to match it when using the filter option in the video library views but I have no idea. I have changed it to a pop-up dialog now. I did it quick and dirty so there may be some issues. Let me know.
Confirmed - Fixed. Since this looks to be a fairly simple screen / dialog / layout, i'm not expecting that any issues will arise here. I've tried invoking the screen via "Add New Source" and also "Edit Source", and both look fine. Thanks very much!

Issue 4:
(2018-07-12, 08:10)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Issue 4 should now be fixed.
Confirmed - Thanks very much!

Issue 5:
(2018-07-12, 08:10)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Issue 5 seems to be working the way it is supposed to based on that setting you are pointing to. Weather condition instead of image so when enabled show image instead of condition. I did however fix the other problems like no visible time and date, adjusted some spacing and fixed some other settings that did not seem to be working.
I think you may have misunderstood the point I was trying to make here Mike. The setting, as referred to is labeled as (and I quote): "Weather Condition instead of Image". So to me, that means if the option is selected / on then text should be displayed. If the option is off, then a weather icon / image should be displayed. In my screenshot, the reverse is happening.

Also, thanks for putting the Day / Date / time info back in, but there is now a massive gap between the weather info (either icon mode or text mode) and that data, that is serving no purpose. See here. A gap of 1/4 size would suffice.

Issue 6 / 6.5:
(2018-07-12, 08:10)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Issue 6 is gonna take a major recode. Just looking at what's there now is making me go coo coo bird... If I didn't think it would just be me doing it I may consider but by myself is just not gonna happen. Sorry Sad
Also the reason you are seeing those double stars and I am not is because the skin you are using is not up to date. The flags you see are no longer in the same place so unless you have an old Textures.xbt file in your media folder, you have some kind of frankenskin and might want to delete the whole skin and re-download.
No problem. I expect this screen has been modified all to hell over the life of the skin, so I'm not surprised it's a spagettified mess. I did have a look at the XML myself, chuckled, and closed the file. I only have a rudimentary knowledge of HTML, and know next to nothing with regards XML, so wasn't going to attempt to tackle this. Thanks for looking, either way.

(2018-07-12, 08:10)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Issue 6.5 should be fixed. I updated the VAR used to the one in my skin but forgot to remove the ".png" since it is already in the VAR.
Confirmed. The massive gap has now gone, and the icons have appropriate distances from each other with additional "category" spacing. Thanks!

Issue 7:
(2018-07-12, 08:10)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Issue 7 is a Kodi thing. Not sure if that's the way it is gonna stay or if the INFOlabel will once again start to return mp3 instead of mp3float. If it stays that way I can fix it closer to Leia release but I'm not gonna change it now cause the original functionality could return at any time which would break whatever "fix" I did.
I know DavidBlake has made a lot of modifications with regards the Music Library, but I don't think that has anything to do with this issue. Well maybe it does, but the fact of the matter is, if codec info display works here, and here; It should also work here to my way of thinking.

As a side note, since my purge and subsequent testing on a vanilla install, the icon for FLAC files in the "Original" Music Vis screen now exhibits the same (or similar) behaviour to MP3's. See the screenshot of that here. Note that this is exactly the same behaviour as for MP3s in that the icon displays fine elsewhere in the skin, just not on the "Original" Music Vis screen.

Issue 8:
(2018-07-12, 08:10)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Issue 8 is the poster sliding left to show the scrollbar. I don't know why it is like that.
Indeed, and when the side-blade is open, the poster returns to it's original position, as shown here. Serves no purpose to my mind.

Feature Request:
(2018-07-12, 08:10)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Feature request is also done. Just enable the setting in the proper place.
Many thanks for this, have missed this setting for a long time.

I guess the code was still there, as re-enabling it has introduced a new "quirk". A new menu item has appeared in the Skin Settings - customizers screen, called "Home Bottom NowPlaying Settings". See the following screenshot:

Screenshot - Home Bottom NowPlaying Screen I

Entering the menu item - with no music playing, displays this:

Screenshot - Home Bottom NowPlaying Screen II

Entering the menu item - with music playing, displays this:

Screenshot - Home Bottom NowPlaying Screen III

In both instances, the panel is off the top of the screen. Also, the two displayed options seem to have no effect anyway. The "Show Logo" option should change the Artist name on the home screen from text to the artist's respective logo (if available) as defined by the path set under "Settings -> Paths -> Set path to music library (needed for extrafanart, ClearLOGO)". The second setting, "Use Color CD" is a throwback from before the "Use Handwritten CD" option was added, and is therefore redundant. I think the automatic pop-up dialog, relates to this screen, to which (if memory serves) those two settings *used* to be a part of.

With the above being the case, I think the "Home Bottom NowPlaying Screen" main menu item can be removed, as it's obsolete. If it's possible to easily enable the artist logo on the Home Screen info dialog, this option could be added directly to the "Settings -> Customizers -> Home NowPlaying Customizer" dialog box. If not, deleting the old "Home Bottom NowPlating Screen" will do, as the logo addition to the home screen is far from critical.

One side issue: on the "Home NowPlaying Customizer" has the option "Music BG". This is a multi-select option. The item "CD Wall" doesn't work. I believe this one might be a leftover that can be removed. All the other options work (The option "AddOn" requires "Artist Slideshow" to be installed, and was probably named "AddOn" due a lack of space in this area of the UI. Suffice to say, that option does nothing without the add-on installed.

With the feedback out of the way, I've noticed a few New issues (Oh god, no! - lol). I will list them below, carrying on my "Issue Numbering" from my prior post...

Issue 9 - Skin Settings -> Artwork Menu Item Empty:

As the title suggests; In the Skin Settings screen, the menu item for "Artwork" is empty.

Screenshot - Artwork Menu

Is this a leftover? Or should there be some settings here? I can't remember anything about this section from the Krypton version of Aeon Madnox. Indicating I never used it, even if it was present.

Issue 10 - Add-ons not installable from "Help" screen:

Maybe a non-issue. The two add-ons shown with the "No" value in the following screenshot, cannot be installed by pressing "<ENTER>" on that item. Possibly to be expected for "Artwork Beef", as that is a 3rd party add-on only available from rmrector's repo as far as I'm aware at the moment. Link to add-on forum page here.

Screenshot - Aeon Nox - Help Screen

The "TV Show - Next Aired" add-on is however available from the Kodi repository for Kodi 18 - Leia.

Issue 11 - Wall View - Orientation Black Screen:

In The "Music Library section -> Album View", opening up the sideblade, navigating down to "ViewType Settings" and selecting a change in orientation of the wall view results in a black screen. I believe a skin reload may be being attempted here. Alas, the screen stays black, and an "<ESC>" keystroke is necessary to quit back to the home screen, to clear the issue.

Screenshot - Music Library - Wall View - ViewType Settings

Since there's no point in posting a screenshot of a black screen, I've simply put up a picture of the affected menu item / setting.

A couple of side issues: When the setting "Grid Size Normal" is active, the settings "Show CD Case" and "Show Alternative CD Case" ought to be greyed out or hidden, as they have no effect on the "Grid Size Normal" view option.

Issue 11 - Shorter Time & Library Stats Panel - Truncated Text:

If the option "Shorter time and library stats panel" is enabled, and "System Info" has been set as the info line item for the "System" menu item, the text on the left hand portion is truncated / hidden from view. See screenshot below:

Screenshot - Shorter Time & Library Stats Panel - Truncated Text

The info line *tries* to scroll, but only moves about 2 pixels, then resets back to the original position. Thus, the CPU usage cannot be viewed.

That's about it for the time being.

Wink

Dan / Gib.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:08
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:08
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:09
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:09
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:10
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by Mike_Doc - 2015-06-29, 17:10
MADNOX FAQ - by schimi2k - 2015-06-29, 17:11
MADNOX HELP - by schimi2k - 2015-06-29, 17:12
RE: Aeon Madnox - Beta Release - by schimi2k - 2015-06-29, 17:12
refresh item - by bill1972 - 2016-03-08, 03:31
Keyboard Autocompletion - by JinNJuice - 2016-03-19, 00:26
System Infoline - by reksp13 - 2016-04-09, 05:20
https://imageshack.com/my/images - by spook61 - 2016-04-14, 17:55
https://imageshack.com/my/images - by spook61 - 2016-04-14, 18:01
Leia - Madnox Problems - by Picard - 2017-06-22, 04:15
VideoLyrics - by Pr.Sinister - 2018-04-05, 23:40
RE: Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - [RC2 Revision 0.9.1] 30/05 - by gibxxi - 2018-07-14, 09:16
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39