• 71(current)
IARL - Deprecated
(2017-07-30, 01:42)Mauricio Maurente Wrote: Hi, Zach! Once again I ask for your help. In the addon configuration screen, where we indicate the path to Retroplayer / system and to Retroplayer, the latter does not appear. Only to indicate where the system is. I thought it was the skin's fault, but I tested it with another skin and it had the same result.
Capture screen:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-A8QUV...sp=sharing

Just to complement, when clicking on "run wizard", on Kodi asks "Additional emulators for some archives are not setup, continue?"
I answer yes.
"Setup not ready" "Path to retroarch must be set first" "Then hit OK to close & save addon settings ..."

Greetings Zach! I still could not take off. I solved all problems with DLL. I removed the Retroarch folder and applied the installer to see if anything changed. Retroarch is now in the Users folder. I downloaded all the Updates as you recommended and checked the directories. The AppData folder, which is hidden, is now visible, otherwise Kodi does not see it at the time of setting Retroarch \ System.
But it continues with the same message "Setup not ready" "Path to retroarch must be set first" "Then hit OK to close & save addon settings ..."

I do not want to be inconvenient, boring or rude. If Google's translation does look like this, it was not intentional. I just want to learn well to teach my Kodimanic friends in Brazil.

And congratulations on the work!
(2017-08-03, 21:01)Mauricio Maurente Wrote: Greetings Zach! I still could not take off. I solved all problems with DLL. I removed the Retroarch folder and applied the installer to see if anything changed. Retroarch is now in the Users folder. I downloaded all the Updates as you recommended and checked the directories. The AppData folder, which is hidden, is now visible, otherwise Kodi does not see it at the time of setting Retroarch \ System.
But it continues with the same message "Setup not ready" "Path to retroarch must be set first" "Then hit OK to close & save addon settings ..."

I do not want to be inconvenient, boring or rude. If Google's translation does look like this, it was not intentional. I just want to learn well to teach my Kodimanic friends in Brazil.

And congratulations on the work!

No problem at all. Your google english is much better than my google Portuguese.

Your settings seem to be incorrect still for some reason, and it seems simple, but after all your settings are entered, you have to hit OK for Kodi to save them. But as I understand it, you did that. I'm not sure what the problem is.

If you open %APPDATA%/kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iarl/settings.xml

The file should have saved your settings:
Code:
<setting id="iarl_path_to_retroarch"
<setting id="iarl_path_to_retroarch_system_dir"

Are those two settings correct in the file?
Here's how:

<setting id="iarl_path_to_retroarch" default="true"></setting>
<setting id="iarl_path_to_retroarch_cfg" default="true"></setting>
<setting id="iarl_path_to_retroarch_system_dir">C:\Users\maure\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\system\</setting>
Hey Zach, thanks for doing all this. The NES and SNES lists seem to have changed or something as those are not working. Is there a way to automatically create the lists, like if I upload the roms or collections like PSP, do you pre scrape with emulation station and upload or do you manually input everything in the xml lists. Please let me know or pm , perhaps I can help. Thank you
(2017-08-05, 01:22)Shorty2017 Wrote: Hey Zach, thanks for doing all this. The NES and SNES lists seem to have changed or something as those are not working. Is there a way to automatically create the lists, like if I upload the roms or collections like PSP, do you pre scrape with emulation station and upload or do you manually input everything in the xml lists. Please let me know or pm , perhaps I can help. Thank you

I'll be pushing an update to IARL shortly that fixes NES / SNES. As for other collections, you can create your own and add them to IARL. See here! IARL does not do any scraping. If you have a game collection on your computer you want scraped, I suggest you take a look at AEL.
(2017-08-04, 20:46)Mauricio Maurente Wrote: Here's how:

<setting id="iarl_path_to_retroarch" default="true"></setting>
<setting id="iarl_path_to_retroarch_cfg" default="true"></setting>
<setting id="iarl_path_to_retroarch_system_dir">C:\Users\maure\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\system\</setting>

I see your issue now in the picture. Sorry, there's a language barrier. For some reason your settings aren't showing for "Path to Retroarch"
Here's what mine look like (I'm on a mac, but the settings should be the same).

The settings file is controlled by Kodi, so I'm not sure why it's not showing you the setting. When you change 'My System Type', that should change the visibility for users on what settings they see.

I suggest you reset all the settings to default, hit OK, then open up settings again and change "My System Type" to Windows. After you do that, you should see a setting for "Path to Retroarch"

Maybe it has something to do with the different language in Kodi? I have no idea... Can you provide a debug log when your changing the settings?

If that still doesn't work, you can manually edit settings.xml to change the setting:
Code:
<setting id="iarl_path_to_retroarch" value="C:\PATH_TO_RETROARCHEXE/retroarch.exe" />
<setting id="iarl_path_to_retroarch_system_dir" value="C:\Users\maure\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\system\" />

And you change PATH_TO_RETROARCHEXE to whereever you have retroarch installed.
Are there known issues with archive.org rejecting valid login credentials? I created an account there and was able to enter the login and pass to get the NES collection working, but then the very next day I started getting the no file returned or login required error again. I tried creating a new account at archive.org with a different email but that one wouldnt work either. Snes collection worked, but that one doesn't seem to require a login.

I'm running Kodi on my nvidia shield and like to bring it with me on trips, but after this last one I feel like i should probably have a local copy of everything just to be safe.
(2017-08-06, 17:19)Calispel Wrote: Are there known issues with archive.org rejecting valid login credentials? I created an account there and was able to enter the login and pass to get the NES collection working, but then the very next day I started getting the no file returned or login required error again. I tried creating a new account at archive.org with a different email but that one wouldnt work either. Snes collection worked, but that one doesn't seem to require a login.

I'm running Kodi on my nvidia shield and like to bring it with me on trips, but after this last one I feel like i should probably have a local copy of everything just to be safe.

The archives need to be updated, Zach is aware.
Zach, PM me please if there is a way to use scrapped lists from emulation station, or any other scraper and convert using notepad++ etc. I will share some of my collections - I figure if i scrape and upload and change paths from local to cloud it should work. Thanks
(2017-08-06, 17:19)Calispel Wrote: Are there known issues with archive.org rejecting valid login credentials? I created an account there and was able to enter the login and pass to get the NES collection working, but then the very next day I started getting the no file returned or login required error again. I tried creating a new account at archive.org with a different email but that one wouldnt work either. Snes collection worked, but that one doesn't seem to require a login.

SNES and NES archives were updated on archive.org. The new release of IARL updated accordingly, so it should work after you update.

IARL can be used for both online and offline, so if you had all the files locally IARL will launch the games without the need to download. See here.
Version 1.6.4 is in the repository, changes include:
- Update NES and SNES archives
- Updated "IARL Favorites" function to provide bookmarks / links instead of hard coded copies of games and settings. This should make favorites lists a lot more functional (last thing to do for favorites is add the ability to remove one from the list, I'll be working on that next). Old favorites lists should not be effected at all. I wasn't able to exhaustively test this though, so if you find a bug please let me know.
(2017-08-07, 05:31)zachmorris Wrote: Version 1.6.4 is in the repository, changes include:
- Update NES and SNES archives
- Updated "IARL Favorites" function to provide bookmarks / links instead of hard coded copies of games and settings. This should make favorites lists a lot more functional (last thing to do for favorites is add the ability to remove one from the list, I'll be working on that next). Old favorites lists should not be effected at all. I wasn't able to exhaustively test this though, so if you find a bug please let me know.

Great stuff, thanks Zach!!!
Thanks again.
The update still isn't working for SNES and NES games for me, it just downloads a 40kb zip file.
Yea I am having NES issues too. If you have time PM me back Zach. Or just tell me off haha. Thanks.
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10