Cannot access Settings Menu
I switched to this Skin, and am now unable to access the settings menu.

if I select Settings in the Home screen menu, it brings up a submenu with options for Profile, System Info, Quit and Shutdown.

If I press down (or hit "S" on the keyboard) it brings up the settings menu, but when I select Settings, it just gives me an error sound and does nothing
A couple of questions...

1. What OS are you running Kodi on ?
2. Did you, by any chance have any other skinshortcuts-based skins installed like Mimic or Artctic Zephyr ?
3. If yes on 2, did you modify your main menu shortcuts on those skins ?
4. Is there any chance you can provide me your Kodi log or the error that is in there ?
5. Are you running the skin version from official repo or the beta version ?

Sorry for all the questions but it looks like you have an error in your system I haven't seen before.
1. Im on OS X 10.10.3
2. I was previously using Arctic Zephyr
3. I did have modified shortcuts
4. Log is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_bnCUV...sp=sharing
5. I am on 15.0 Beta
Arctic and Titan are both based on the skinshortcuts script and so they share the menu system.
The changes you made in Artic Zephyr resulted in locking you out from settings..

There is a simple fix however:

Go to your Kodi settings directory on the filesystem.
Browse to userdata \ addon_data
Delete the folder script.skinshortcuts
I had exactly the same issue Biiinkk using the official Titan skin with Beta 1 Isengard (it may even have been the alpha, it was a while ago). It specifically effected getting into the settings.

Installing the beta Titan skin fixed everything.

It maybe that the official one works now. I've just left my system with the beta skin since I'm a sucker for the new stuff.
Hmm, had the same issue when updating to 15.0 full release on Ubuntu and Windows 7 OSes. Version of Titan is whatever is official repo, at least prior to update on 14.2. Fixed issue as per above. Settings cog just will not work anymore Sad
It looks like the settings button gets screwed by another skin that is using skin shortcuts. I will look around which skin it is so we can provide a permanent solution. For now, the only way to fix it is this:

- browse on your filesystem to your kodi userdata folder
- subfolder addon_data
- delete the folder script.skinshortcuts
- start kodi and let the menu build
Solution doesn't work for me.

Settings menu is password protected and after entering the password nothing happens although i deleted the concerned folder.

I'm using the stable 3.4.0 wih Isengard.

Thanx for any help
(2015-08-07, 12:15)Topper Wrote: Solution doesn't work for me.

Settings menu is password protected and after entering the password nothing happens although i deleted the concerned folder.

If you're on Isengard, please update to the 3.4.0 version of the Titan skin.
I am running Isengard with Titan 3.4.0 (upgraded this morning with the zip you provided), I confirm no luck after deleting the folder (twice).

I cannot access settings via the cog icon.

To be more precise, the Settings work in the main menu panel, but the cog in the hidden shutdown /reboot /settings doesn't work.
@Topper, and this problem only occurs when you password protect access to settings? Tbh I never tested that with the skin. How can I setup that to reproduce?
No it even occurs after I removed the password protection from settings.

The settings tile works, the settings cog doesn't (a system sound, maybe error, sounds then nothing)
(2015-08-09, 21:53)Topper Wrote: No it even occurs after I removed the password protection from settings.

The settings tile works, the settings cog doesn't (a system sound, maybe error, sounds then nothing)

Strange! Are you sure you're on version 3.4.0 of the skin?

Only resolution I see here is to reset the shortcuts to default settings in the skin settings
hello !

on 14.4 work fine on 15 tried delete script.skin shortcuts , reinstall, still does not work i can shut down but cant use settings from there (firestick, and pc) . tried create new shortcut in power menu and same

BTW 3.4.0 is the best skin out there Nod
Oops, I discovered the problem...

This issue was fixed in the skinshortcuts script a while ago while we were working on the Isengard fixes but a new version of skinshortcuts has never been pushed to the repo.

Please install the latest version of skinshortcuts:

1. download this zip: https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...-0.5.1.zip
2. go to settings --> addons --> install from zip and choose the provided zip file

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot access Settings Menu0