• 42(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2015-10-19, 22:55)kgian Wrote: I upgraded to the newly released kodi 15.2 and skin integration works again as expected.

The other problem I have which I had reported some time ago is with 3D playback.

I have windows desktop at 1080p 60hz. Kodi fullscreen is also 1080p 60hz same as desktop. I have setup kodi to change to the movie refresh rate at start/stop.
I have setup a simple sequence with 2 3d sbs video bumpers and one sbs movie. Each time a video clip changes the display changes refresh rate (even if it is the same) and I have to manually set the projector again to 3d mode.

The only way I found that it can work without changing the refresh rate is if I set the desktop (and thus kodi) to 1080p 24hz and set kodi preference to never change refresh rate. Of course this is inelegant as everything plays at 24hz and kodi menus are choppy. Also if I play a game I have to set the desktop resolutionhz manually again to 60.

I know it is probably a projector problem but is tere any solution to this?
http://pastebin.com/wTnSDVTn
This is the log for playing 3d movie.

We may have an idea of what this could be. It won't be there in the 1.0 release, but we'll put it on the priority list for the first round of updates so you can test it.

(2015-10-20, 01:40)pcwii Wrote: I made the change to the quote in question (good catch). Unfortunately this did not solve my issue.
Files are attached
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1ozb7b0hntt8m...ction?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2jlk73a8z7yg9o...ction?dl=0

Can you shoot us a new log as well? We want to be sure that the error you got in your log before isn't a different error now that you've changed that character. It'll help us rule some things out.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2015-10-20, 17:14)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2015-10-19, 22:55)kgian Wrote: I upgraded to the newly released kodi 15.2 and skin integration works again as expected.

The other problem I have which I had reported some time ago is with 3D playback.

I have windows desktop at 1080p 60hz. Kodi fullscreen is also 1080p 60hz same as desktop. I have setup kodi to change to the movie refresh rate at start/stop.
I have setup a simple sequence with 2 3d sbs video bumpers and one sbs movie. Each time a video clip changes the display changes refresh rate (even if it is the same) and I have to manually set the projector again to 3d mode.

The only way I found that it can work without changing the refresh rate is if I set the desktop (and thus kodi) to 1080p 24hz and set kodi preference to never change refresh rate. Of course this is inelegant as everything plays at 24hz and kodi menus are choppy. Also if I play a game I have to set the desktop resolutionhz manually again to 60.

I know it is probably a projector problem but is tere any solution to this?
http://pastebin.com/wTnSDVTn
This is the log for playing 3d movie.

We may have an idea of what this could be. It won't be there in the 1.0 release, but we'll put it on the priority list for the first round of updates so you can test it.

Thanks for the reply. So for the time being I just ignore 3D functionality and continue testing 2D stuff.
Guys i bought a z wave dimmer how would i go about setting it up with kodi. Please guys need help first time using cinemavision
Is there any way to change the video delay of playback of cinema vision by setting an action?
My tv is kind of slow to change refresh rate. It takes about three seconds. That's why I have added delay in cinema vision playback. But I have an action that disables refresh rate change before e.g. feature intro, movie theatre into etc. and then the delay of playback is not wanted.
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
(2015-10-20, 20:54)weirdinin Wrote: Is there any way to change the video delay of playback of cinema vision by setting an action?
My tv is kind of slow to change refresh rate. It takes about three seconds. That's why I have added delay in cinema vision playback. But I have an action that disables refresh rate change before e.g. feature intro, movie theatre into etc. and then the delay of playback is not wanted.

You can set KODI itself in the settings to pause for any refresh rate change (see here). Alternatively, you can turn off the refresh rate sync at the start of a sequence and then enable it just prior to the feature (see this post for more).
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
thanks MidnightWatcher Smile. Your suggestions did the trick. Although, I'd prefer that delay didn't apply as a global rule but only when cinema addon is rolling.
If anyone knows how to change cinema vision delay setting by action, please share. If that's not possible, not that much an issue now that I have delay in kodi.
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
Hello. Sorry for my poor English . Use the scraper to KodiDB , and I only detects the last two trailers of the last two films added . From the trailers of other films , no trace . Any ideas? Thank you.

PD: I don't know how to get the log of CinemaVision.
(2015-10-20, 22:50)vanilli Wrote: Hello. Sorry for my poor English . Use the scraper to KodiDB , and I only detects the last two trailers of the last two films added . From the trailers of other films , no trace . Any ideas? Thank you.

Are you using the latest version? Also, you may want to delete the content.xml file in the CV userdata folder and in the CV Configure resent the content info then re-scan the content.
(2015-10-19, 13:53)Skank Wrote: Yeah video bumpers should be the main thing :p

Any way, i saw theres a halloween video now

Any way the system can autodetect which ones to use

- say for christmas based on date system
- for halloween
- easter
- summer

etc etc

If you have the context launcher installed, what I do is to create sequences for Halloween, Winter, Christmas...whatever and the greatness of the context launcher is that you can change sequences on the fly.
(2015-10-17, 19:14)jubilex Wrote: What I would love to see would be when adding a trailer to the sequence for a movie in our collection, that it will only play a trailer for a movie that is marked as Unwatched. In other words, I'm not talking about seeing unwatched trailers, I'm talking about seeing trailers only for unwatched movies. Ideally this would apply to any trailer source/scraper -- I'd like to be able to see old and new trailers from itunes or the Kodi db, as long as the movie the trailer is for is not a watched movie in my collection.
(2015-10-18, 09:44)weirdinin Wrote: +1

This feature has been added to the latest version!

(2015-10-20, 17:41)kgian Wrote: Thanks for the reply. So for the time being I just ignore 3D functionality and continue testing 2D stuff.

3D is working fine on TVs, for those interested. This issue relates specifically to projectors. Smile We'll get working on it.

(2015-10-20, 18:20)Saskue Wrote: Guys i bought a z wave dimmer how would i go about setting it up with kodi. Please guys need help first time using cinemavision

Check out this post for a link to the Z-Wave documentation. You'll want to read through it and get familiar with the API. If we have any Z-Wave users with working action files, send them my way!

(2015-10-20, 22:50)vanilli Wrote: Hello. Sorry for my poor English . Use the scraper to KodiDB , and I only detects the last two trailers of the last two films added . From the trailers of other films , no trace . Any ideas? Thank you.

Follow the instructions here at the bottom of the post (REPORTING ISSUES, ERRORS AND BUGS) for uploading the log and then paste the link here in the forums, or in a support forum/ticket on the CinemaVision website.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
anyone installed openzwave https://github.com/OpenZWave/python-openzwave i have no idea what to do?
Anyone else having trouble with video bumpers? They only work randomly for me. Some movies play the correct bumper, others skip it altogether (not movie-related).

When I single out the source file in CV settings (i.e. set it to always play the IMAX countdown first, followed by the Dolby Atmos intro) it works flawlessly every time. But as soon as I add a video sequence such as Feature Intro or try to use auto-detect settings for audio bumpers, chances are it skips straight to the movie.

If it helps, I am using version 1.0.0b1 as found here: https://github.com/CinemaVision/script.cinemavision

And here is the log for a demo sequence I created to showcase the error: http://xbmclogs.com/pnmag9udj

The first 2 bumpers work perfectly since I chose specific files during setup. However, the Feature Intro and auto-detect audio bumpers do not play at all. It mentions in the log that apparently the Feature Intro path is empty but I just triple-checked and it is definitely filled with the CV Feature Intro bumper. I even updated the content path but to no avail...

EDIT: Turns out I didn't set the path correctly for the Feature Intro, which is now working. But only if I manually choose the file, it won't play if I just choose the category. Same with auto-detect settings for audio bumpers.

Also, one minor issue I am having is the volume level of audio bumpers. No matter how low I set this in CV settings they will always play at the same volume, which means I have to manually adjust the volume before the feature commences.
Not sure what's going on with my computer these days but I am not having any luck getting connected to the cinevision.tv webpage. Works fine at work just not at home.
(2015-10-21, 21:06)Saskue Wrote: anyone installed openzwave https://github.com/OpenZWave/python-openzwave i have no idea what to do?

I didn't even know that existed. It's generally better to just let CinemaVision control things directly. We've seen issues with the Hue add-on where people have had to disable it and control things with CV for their Home Automation to work properly during a sequence. Go through the documentation for Z-Wave that I linked earlier, tell us what you're trying to do, and we'll try to help you write your action files. You'll have to be diligent about testing, because we don't have Z-Wave that we can test with. You might also post in our forums asking the community if they have any working Z-Wave actions they can share. Nobody has shared any with us. Sad

(2015-10-24, 04:00)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Anyone else having trouble with video bumpers? They only work randomly for me. Some movies play the correct bumper, others skip it altogether (not movie-related).

When I single out the source file in CV settings (i.e. set it to always play the IMAX countdown first, followed by the Dolby Atmos intro) it works flawlessly every time. But as soon as I add a video sequence such as Feature Intro or try to use auto-detect settings for audio bumpers, chances are it skips straight to the movie.

If it helps, I am using version 1.0.0b1 as found here: https://github.com/CinemaVision/script.cinemavision

And here is the log for a demo sequence I created to showcase the error: http://xbmclogs.com/pnmag9udj

The first 2 bumpers work perfectly since I chose specific files during setup. However, the Feature Intro and auto-detect audio bumpers do not play at all. It mentions in the log that apparently the Feature Intro path is empty but I just triple-checked and it is definitely filled with the CV Feature Intro bumper. I even updated the content path but to no avail...

EDIT: Turns out I didn't set the path correctly for the Feature Intro, which is now working. But only if I manually choose the file, it won't play if I just choose the category. Same with auto-detect settings for audio bumpers.

Also, one minor issue I am having is the volume level of audio bumpers. No matter how low I set this in CV settings they will always play at the same volume, which means I have to manually adjust the volume before the feature commences.

I can tell you that the add-on appears to be functioning normally. It looks like Kodi is skipping the bumper in question as unplayable. This is from your log:

Code:
513.    15:19:20 T:140108125595520   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 1, path [smb://NASDDB2A8/Multimedia/XBMC/Media/Cinema Vision/Audio Format Bumpers/DTS-HD Master Audio/DTS - Orchestra.m2ts]

I'm not sure what the issue is, but it's possible that the file is corrupt in some way, so you might want to re-download the raw file, or grab the MP4 for that bumper (which we encode with pass-thru audio so that's lossless and the codecs stay in place) from the CinemaVision website.

(2015-10-24, 05:52)japes Wrote: Not sure what's going on with my computer these days but I am not having any luck getting connected to the cinevision.tv webpage. Works fine at work just not at home.

That sounds like an issue with DNS. We've seen this before, where your home ISPs DNS servers don't update to point the address to the IPs of our servers. Try using OpenDNS or Google's DNS instead of the DNS servers for your ISP at the house. Unfortunately, the problem is a bit out of our hands at the moment.

(2015-09-25, 18:05)MidnightWatcher Wrote:
(2015-09-25, 17:43)DrPepper Wrote: If not already asked as a feature, but is it possible to have a enable/disable button for the Refresh rate ?

I have a beamer for example, and everytime it skips from a trailer to a one of my Feature intros , it does a Refresh , and te screen remains dark for a few secs , and you miss half of the Intro for example.

Cinema Experience had that in the latest version.

Thanks in advance , great stuff though !!!

Yep, just insert a cvaction file at the very beginning of the sequence to turn it off, then insert a cvaction file just before the feature to turn it back on. To turn it off, create a file called "adjustrefreshrate_off.cvaction" with the following code (you'll need to use the IP of your device):

Code:
# Turn off refresh rate sync
http://127.0.0.1:80/jsonrpc
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Settings.SetSettingValue", "params": {"setting": "videoplayer.adjustrefreshrate", "value": 0}, "id": 1}

To turn it on, create a file called "adjustrefreshrate_on.cvaction" with the following code (and with your own IP):

Code:
# Turn on refresh rate sync
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Settings.SetSettingValue", "params": {"setting": "videoplayer.adjustrefreshrate", "value": 2}, "id": 1}

(2015-09-25, 18:08)DrPepper Wrote:
(2015-09-25, 18:05)MidnightWatcher Wrote:
(2015-09-25, 17:43)DrPepper Wrote: If not already asked as a feature, but is it possible to have a enable/disable button for the Refresh rate ?

I have a beamer for example, and everytime it skips from a trailer to a one of my Feature intros , it does a Refresh , and te screen remains dark for a few secs , and you miss half of the Intro for example.

Cinema Experience had that in the latest version.

Thanks in advance , great stuff though !!!

Yep, just insert a cvaction file at the very beginning of the sequence to turn it off, then insert a cvaction file just before the feature to turn it back on. To turn it off, create a file called "adjustrefreshrate_off.cvaction" with the following code (you'll need to use the IP of your device):

Code:
# Turn off refresh rate sync
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Settings.SetSettingValue", "params": {"setting": "videoplayer.adjustrefreshrate", "value": 0}, "id": 1}

To turn it on, create a file called "adjustrefreshrate_on.cvaction" with the following code (and with your own IP):

Code:
# Turn on refresh rate sync
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Settings.SetSettingValue", "params": {"setting": "videoplayer.adjustrefreshrate", "value": 2}, "id": 1}

AWESOME , thanks !!

Hi guys, I am having exact same issue. I made the action files and it is still not turning the refresh adjust off and on?

Thanks for any help
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5