• 38(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2015-10-04, 22:37)pcwii Wrote: "Hyperion is an opensource 'AmbiLight' implementation"
I suspect the GitHub you found is the application I am referring to.
From their GitHub they indicate "Json interface which allows easy integration into scripts."
As I am not entirely familiar with the programming that Cinemavision supports here are some links that might help to determine if we can do this or not.
https://github.com/tvdzwan/hyperion/wiki...nt-example
https://github.com/tvdzwan/hyperion/wiki...ne-utility
I am not certain this is enough information to go on but since I have Hyperion working I am willing to give it a go.

Okay, so in looking at Hyperion, it seems the easiest way to do this is to use their command line utility. The command line simply sends command via JSON, which we can also do, but I can't find a good JSON reference to use as a guide. According to the Wiki, the format of each message can simply be seen by running the hyperion-remote with the --print options to display the messages which are exchanged between the client and the server. If you get us a read-out of those messages, we could potentially connect to Hyperion directly using JSON and avoid the middle man of the command line. Here's what the command line can do:

Code:
Usage: hyperion-remote [OPTIONS]

Parameters:
    -a, --address <arg>       Set the address of the hyperion server [default: localhost:19444]
    -p, --priority <arg>      Use to the provided priority channel (the lower the number, the higher the priority) [default: 100]
    -d, --duration <arg>      Specify how long the leds should be switched on in millseconds [default: infinity]
    -c, --color <arg>         Set all leds to a constant color (either RRGGBB hex value or a color name. The color may be repeated multiple time like: RRGGBBRRGGBB)
    -i, --image <arg>         Set the leds to the colors according to the given image file
    -e, --effect <arg>        Enable the effect with the given name
        --effectArgs <arg>    Arguments to use in combination with the specified effect. Should be a Json object string.
    -l, --list                List server info
    -x, --clear               Clear data for the priority channel provided by the -p option
        --clearall            Clear data for all active priority channels
    -q, --qualifier <arg>     Identifier(qualifier) of the transform to set
    -s, --saturation <arg>    Set the HSV saturation gain of the leds
    -v, --value <arg>         Set the HSV value gain of the leds
    -g, --gamma <arg>         Set the gamma of the leds (requires 3 space seperated values)
    -t, --threshold <arg>     Set the threshold of the leds (requires 3 space seperated values between 0.0 and 1.0)
    -b, --blacklevel <arg>    Set the blacklevel of the leds (requires 3 space seperated values which are normally between 0.0 and 1.0)
    -w, --whitelevel <arg>    Set the whitelevel of the leds (requires 3 space seperated values which are normally between 0.0 and 1.0)
        --print               Print the json input and output messages on stdout
    -h, --help                Show this help message and exit

CinemaVision supports running command line and applications installed on the computer. This is an example of running Google Chrome with an argument that takes you to the CinemaVision Website.

Code:
# This example will open Google Chrome to the CinemaVision.tv website by running a Command or Program
command://google-chrome
http://cinemavision.tv

You'll need to play with it a bit, but I think that in order to execute one of your command line options you would need something like this:

Code:
# This example will run Hyperion Remote with Help as an argument
command://hyperion-remote
--help

(2015-10-05, 01:13)bushhy Wrote: Sorry, I meant to say that if I put a trailer.mov file at the root of trailers folder, it plays fine. It would be great if CV would scrape into sub-directories past the trailers directory as well. I have all my trailers downloaded into directories named after the trailer please.

So Trailers was one thing we forgot to allow recursive searching on, we'll fix that. Wink

(2015-10-05, 02:53)Banditt Wrote: Here's something else to add to maybe help or make it more difficult:

I converted all of the sample files to 23.976 and I have run the sequence five times without an issue. Don't know if that had anything to do with it.

I'll let our developer know what you've found. Hopefully it helps.

(2015-10-05, 16:37)Dave the Minion Wrote: Now I'm getting a strange behavior. When playing trailers from the local DB it's only pulling from 1 local drive, not randomly from 12 different drives. Tried 5 different run through's and each time the local DB trailers came from the same drive. That seems more un-random than just pure coincidence.

It only happens for 2D content. 3D is located on a 2 different drives from where CV is pulling 2D trailers and so far seems to be randomizing those.

Can I get a log including a content update from ya? What you're talking about seems pretty straight forward, but I want to be sure we get as much info as our developer might need.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Log

Ran the sequence 4 times. All 4 it picked random lcal DB trailers from only 1 source, not 12 it could pull from.

Just checked with 3D as well and found it's doing the same thing. Pulling from only 1 of 2 available drives with 3D local trailers. Log for that.

Thing is, when I watch CV scan the trailers either after killing the content.db file in the userdata folder or reseting broken trailer links I can see it scanning movies from all local drives.

Can also confirm this happens on a completely separate system at my buddy's place. Not sure what happened but the local trailers tend to only come from 1 of many available local sources.
Yesterday I tried 0.0.46 in main HTPC. Win 7 & kodi 14.2.

2D seems to work great. 3D detection seems to work fine too.

The problem in 3D lies with my projector. Everytime a new 3d video starts, for example 3d intro and then the 3d movie, the refresh rate changes and the projector has to be manually set to 3d mode again and again. That makes 3d unusable for me.
Hi. For some reason when cinema vision is changing to next video (trailer, audio video etc), there appears a notification that says "can't find next item to play" (see pic below). However, cinema vision plays next video correctly. I'd like to get rid of that notification as it's annoying. Do I have to change some setting in cinema visio or kodi or do I need to modify my skin?

If it requires skin modification, I guess this will do the trick: <visible>IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(script.cinemavision.running))</visible>

debug log: http://www.filedropper.com/kodi_1

Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
Everything works great for me now.
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
First thing is first... We've just put up the latest version, 0.0.48!

This version adds a ton of functionality, fixes a few bugs, and changes the way we do some things. We now clean up streaming trailers when they're unavailable, and you can also determine how the trailers play by giving priority to new trailers, or even randomizing the trailers completely. Also new to this version is the ability to decide what the resume action should be. You can execute a specific action, or execute the last action that was run (to automatically set your scene back to its previous state).

We did change some of the guts in this version, so we recommend a complete reinstall and configure from scratch. You're more than welcome to back up your userdata\addon_data\script.cinemavision directory just in case you need to roll back. Most sequences should be fine, with minimal modification, but some settings from older versions that no longer exist will need to be changed if you do not start from scratch.

I've left the download of 0.0.47 up, because our developer is going to be at the Kodi DevCon until Sunday, and won't be available for bug fixes until next week. Please test out the new version, and let me know if you find bugs. If it's totally unusable for you, submit a log and then reinstall 0.0.47.

(2015-10-06, 05:26)Dave the Minion Wrote: Log

Ran the sequence 4 times. All 4 it picked random lcal DB trailers from only 1 source, not 12 it could pull from.

Just checked with 3D as well and found it's doing the same thing. Pulling from only 1 of 2 available drives with 3D local trailers. Log for that.

Thing is, when I watch CV scan the trailers either after killing the content.db file in the userdata folder or reseting broken trailer links I can see it scanning movies from all local drives.

Can also confirm this happens on a completely separate system at my buddy's place. Not sure what happened but the local trailers tend to only come from 1 of many available local sources.

Grab the latest version, 0.0.48. The way we randomize trailer content was changed. We used to take the newest trailers, but didn't pull in any value for sorting them from the Kodi Database. We do now, and you can also force it to show you newest, or randomize trailers completely.

(2015-10-06, 09:53)kgian Wrote: Yesterday I tried 0.0.46 in main HTPC. Win 7 & kodi 14.2.

2D seems to work great. 3D detection seems to work fine too.

The problem in 3D lies with my projector. Everytime a new 3d video starts, for example 3d intro and then the 3d movie, the refresh rate changes and the projector has to be manually set to 3d mode again and again. That makes 3d unusable for me.

Can I get a log from you on the latest version, 0.0.48?

(2015-10-06, 14:53)weirdinin Wrote: Hi. For some reason when cinema vision is changing to next video (trailer, audio video etc), there appears a notification that says "can't find next item to play" (see pic below). However, cinema vision plays next video correctly. I'd like to get rid of that notification as it's annoying. Do I have to change some setting in cinema visio or kodi or do I need to modify my skin?

If it requires skin modification, I guess this will do the trick: <visible>IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(script.cinemavision.running))</visible>

debug log: http://www.filedropper.com/kodi_1

You're running several versions behind at the moment. The log shows you're using 0.0.43. I would suggest updating, and if it gives you the same error upload a log. We improved 3D quite a bit in 0.0.45 and later versions.

(2015-10-06, 16:45)marhutchy Wrote: Everything works great for me now.

Great to hear!

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Ok. updated to 0.0.48v. Still get the notification.

I have dsplayer version of kodi. When dsplayer is default player, the notification issue exists. When I set that dsplayer is not default player, everything works like a charm.

I must say I like dsplayer a lot and perhaps some day cinema vision addon and dsplayer do support each other. But I understand there's much more important things on the to do list. And if you do fix my issue it could bring up new issues with those users who are playing their movies with dvdplayer. So do not take this as a demand.

Cinema vision addon is truly something amazing so I'm willing to switch to dvdplayer if dsplayer is not supported any time soon.

But anyway, here's 0.0.48 debug log when dsplayer is enabled: http://www.filedropper.com/kodis

edit. btw, is it possible to have an action that is triggered by keyboard button? It would be nice, if I could jump to countdown video using remote control or keyboard. Usually visitors get tired to watch trailers and short films and they want to start movie as soon as they have their pop corns ready. If this is not possible, could it be implemented in the future?

edit2. and now that I'm on fire I would like to add one more feature request if this is not already possible: if I have two short films in my sequence, is it possible to make sure that those two short films are different? I was testing cinema vision and noticed that one time a certain short film was shown twice.
Current setup
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
I like the idea that weirdinin mentions. I wouldn't want the same short film to be shown either if I list two to play.

Bill
(2015-10-07, 16:07)weirdinin Wrote: Ok. updated to 0.0.48v. Still get the notification.

I have dsplayer version of kodi. When dsplayer is default player, the notification issue exists. When I set that dsplayer is not default player, everything works like a charm.

I must say I like dsplayer a lot and perhaps some day cinema vision addon and dsplayer do support each other. But I understand there's much more important things on the to do list. And if you do fix my issue it could bring up new issues with those users who are playing their movies with dvdplayer. So do not take this as a demand.

Cinema vision addon is truly something amazing so I'm willing to switch to dvdplayer if dsplayer is not supported any time soon.

But anyway, here's 0.0.48 debug log when dsplayer is enabled: http://www.filedropper.com/kodis

Well the bad news is, we don't plan on supporting any 3rd party players at all. We'll happily talk to the folks who develop DSPlayer, but even if we choose to add support for it, it won't be in the initial release.

(2015-10-07, 16:07)weirdinin Wrote: edit. btw, is it possible to have an action that is triggered by keyboard button? It would be nice, if I could jump to countdown video using remote control or keyboard. Usually visitors get tired to watch trailers and short films and they want to start movie as soon as they have their pop corns ready. If this is not possible, could it be implemented in the future?

So you're looking for a hotkey that will jump to a specific module in your sequence? Not a bad idea at all. If we're able to do this it's not likely to be in the initial release, but I've added it to our roadmap.

(2015-10-07, 16:07)weirdinin Wrote: edit2. and now that I'm on fire I would like to add one more feature request if this is not already possible: if I have two short films in my sequence, is it possible to make sure that those two short films are different? I was testing cinema vision and noticed that one time a certain short film was shown twice.

Also a good idea, and frankly one that should be in there. I've added it to our roadmap for the first release.

(2015-10-07, 20:04)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: Well the bad news is, we don't plan on supporting any 3rd party players at all. We'll happily talk to the folks who develop DSPlayer, but even if we choose to add support for it, it won't be in the initial release.

That's ok. Dvdplayer is nowadays very good option and there's not so much different between madvr and dvdplaeyer when it comes to video quality. So I think too it's better to use resources more important features.

(2015-10-07, 20:04)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: So you're looking for a hotkey that will jump to a specific module in your sequence? Not a bad idea at all. If we're able to do this it's not likely to be in the initial release, but I've added it to our roadmap.

Exactly. Sometimes it takes like half an hour until visitors are all ready so I've added a lot of material to my sequence. But sometimes just five minutes. Movie experience is more impressive if I can jump to a specific part of sequence just pressing a button instead of clicking next next next etc... Even better if there's chance to choose what that specific part would be. But if it's fixed, I would choose the last video bumper before main feature.

(2015-10-07, 20:04)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
weirdinin Wrote:edit2. and now that I'm on fire I would like to add one more feature request if this is not already possible: if I have two short films in my sequence, is it possible to make sure that those two short films are different? I was testing cinema vision and noticed that one time a certain short film was shown twice.

Also a good idea, and frankly one that should be in there. I've added it to our roadmap for the first release.

Great! I look forward that.
Current setup
@CinemaVision-Scott,

Hi, The report I made of the value sliders not displaying correctly based on their assigned value is still a problem in .48. I deleted the settings and started over, but those sliders are all wrong. I am currently using the Isengard Aeon MQ5 skin. I tested with Confluence, and although not as bad, still they're off. But they are much worse in the MQ5 skin. Are you not seeing similar?
(2015-10-08, 03:30)leejk Wrote: @CinemaVision-Scott,

Hi, The report I made of the value sliders not displaying correctly based on their assigned value is still a problem in .48. I deleted the settings and started over, but those sliders are all wrong. I am currently using the Isengard Aeon MQ5 skin. I tested with Confluence, and although not as bad, still they're off. But they are much worse in the MQ5 skin. Are you not seeing similar?
Fyi Scott. This is a mod of the skin that is not in the original repo.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2015-10-08, 03:30)leejk Wrote: @CinemaVision-Scott,

Sorry to hear that, leejk. I've taken a look at the code, and spoken to the developer about this issue. I don't believe it's a problem with CinemaVision, because we're using standard Kodi slider controls for all of the sliders. Slider controls are a skinnable item, like any other control in Kodi. I believe we need to rely on the skinners to fix the way the slider controls look in their skins. I'm using Arctic: Zephyr at the moment, and all of the sliders look just fine. The problem appears to be with your specific skin. None of the others I chose at random to test are having any issues, as you can see from the screenshots below:

Confluence

Arctic: Zephyr

Aeon Nox

Metropolis

Mimic

Rapier

Transparency!

(2015-10-08, 12:14)bry- Wrote: Fyi Scott. This is a mod of the skin that is not in the original repo.

Thanks, bry! Even if it was I don't think we could do anything with the request, which is unfortunate.

It's been quiet around here. Anybody having issues with 0.0.48?

(2015-10-08, 17:09)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: Sorry to hear that, leejk. I've taken a look at the code, and spoken to the developer about this issue. I don't believe it's a problem with CinemaVision, because we're using standard Kodi slider controls for all of the sliders. Slider controls are a skinnable item, like any other control in Kodi. I believe we need to rely on the skinners to fix the way the slider controls look in their skins. I'm using Arctic: Zephyr at the moment, and all of the sliders look just fine. The problem appears to be with your specific skin. None of the others I chose at random to test are having any issues, as you can see from the screenshots below:

Thx for the screen grabs. I tried a couple of those skins and it does appear that this is a skin specific issue.

I ran a test of .48 last night and did not encounter any problems. Nice!
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5