• 46(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
If I'm not mistaken the new slides folder should now be called Trivia.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2015-11-02, 07:24)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2015-11-01, 02:29)Toxic Man Wrote: Never used the beta actually. Should have correctly identified the release candidate as the version I am using. I'm on 1.0.0.b1.

Does the crash happen during playback of the sequence, or in the Sequence Editor? There's nothing in the log to suggest that CV is causing the freeze, but we still want to track this down.

The issues is when I run the Sequence Editor. And it isn't a crash of Kodi, it causes Kodi to lockup/freeze when exiting. It's strange behavior.
If I run the Sequence Editor, I will not be able to exit Kodi properly using a normal Exit. The application freezes. If I run Kodi, but never use the Sequence Editor, then Kodi will exit normally without locking up.

I can reproduce every time.
1. Run Kodi, Watch a movie using CV, exit Kodi. No problem.
2. Run Kodi, Use Sequence Editor (do nothing, save no changes, just launch it) Exit Sequence Editor, Watch a movie using CV, exit Kodi, FREEZE/LOCKUP. Must force quit Kodi.
3. Run Kodi, Use Sequence Editor (do nothing, save no changes, just launch it) Exit Sequence Editor, exit Kodi, FREEZE/LOCKUP. Must force quit Kodi.

The log I posted is for scenario 2. Thanks for the help... Let me know if you want me to capture anything else and post.
(2015-10-31, 02:31)Dave the Minion Wrote: Is it also possible to figure out what skinner's need to do to supress the 3D mode notification? It's MORE annoying than the waiting pop-up. Especially the sound!

The code to suppress pop-ups has been added to the second post of the thread, under the How to Suppress the Busy Dialog & Pop-ups section. It will be up to skinners (or users) to add support for that, since it does hide all notifications during playback. Good suggestion, Dave!

(2015-11-01, 17:10)Tiny Clanger Wrote: Thanks – it was added in video sources. I'm not even sure I've ever used the file manager — I'll give that a go.

EDIT: Yup, adding the share through the file manager fixed the issue. Always a good day when you learn something new Smile

That step is definitely going in the instructions. Too many things can go wrong if it's not done. We're also going to look into having it prompt automatically for you to add the source via File Manager.

(2015-11-02, 11:06)Dave the Minion Wrote: Finally got a chance to play with RC1 and Trivia slides aren't working. Everything I have is segregated into sub-directories under the default CV Trivia directory. Worked up till this point then suddenly, nadda. On a few machines and systems. Is there a new bug where CV is not reading from sub-dir's suddenly?
(2015-11-02, 15:16)MidnightWatcher Wrote: If I'm not mistaken the new slides folder should now be called Trivia.

You're absolutely right. We changed the labels from Trivia Slides to Trivia, in an effort to make it more broad and shorten the text for differences in skins. It's supposed to be renaming the Trivia Slides directory if it exists, and creating the Trivia directory if it does not exist. I just tested this, and it's not doing that.

We'll work out a fix, but for those of you having this issue, just delete the empty Trivia directory and rename the Trivia Slides directory to Trivia.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Got the annoying 3D notification to go away! Yay!!!

Edit: I just figured out the below. Yes, you DO need to edit something in the file header. On the video track you have to change the Video Stereo Mode from 0 (or blank) to 1. This will get Kodi to automatically recognize the video as a 3D file and chose the playback mode based on the file naming tag. I'll leave the rest of my post up for info for others to read in case anyone else is having the same issue.

Now I have a more general question that I can't seem to find an answer for when searching the forum, Google or wikis. For 3D playback, Kodi only seems to recognize some (a few) videos as 3D but not others when they all follow the same naming convention to "activate" 3D. I don't know what I am missing. I have several video bumpers and movie trailers that should, by Kodi 15.2, activate the auto 3D playback function within Kodi but they simply do not. All have the 'hsbs' tag in the file name. Some are .mp4 and some are .mkv. The few that work are mized in with the many that do not. Is there some sort of header setting that needs to be changed within the file itself that I am unaware of? To my understanding all Kodi needs to activate your preferred 3D mode was the naming tag so I am lost. And I'm asking here as the responses and support among this group has been very helpful unlike in some other places so I thank those in advance for reading and offering advice.
(2015-11-02, 23:02)Dave the Minion Wrote: Got the annoying 3D notification to go away! Yay!!!

Now I have a more general question that I can't seem to find an answer for when searching the forum, Google or wikis. For 3D playback, Kodi only seems to recognize some (a few) videos as 3D but not others when they all follow the same naming convention to "activate" 3D. I don't know what I am missing. I have several video bumpers and movie trailers that should, by Kodi 15.2, activate the auto 3D playback function within Kodi but they simply do not. All have the 'hsbs' tag in the file name. Some are .mp4 and some are .mkv. The few that work are mized in with the many that do not. Is there some sort of header setting that needs to be changed within the file itself that I am unaware of? To my understanding all Kodi needs to activate your preferred 3D mode was the naming tag so I am lost. And I'm asking here as the responses and support among this group has been very helpful unlike in some other places so I thank those in advance for reading and offering advice.

Personally, I have all of my 3D media tagged with this after the file name (Blu-ray 3DSBS). I've never had any issue detecting SBS or OU 3D content and displaying it in Kodi. The tag I use for my OU content is (Blu-ray 3DOU). Clearly, you shouldn't need more than the 3DXXX part in your file name. These tags have worked on any video file I've thrown at Kodi. When I want to make bulk tagging changes, I use some PowerShell scripts I've written to recursively scan and change specific strings in file names. If you want those scripts (PowerShell is Windows only, unless you want to install the Linux DSC), let me know. The process takes seconds to change thousands of tags. That's what I'd try, but it may not work for everyone.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2015-11-02, 23:13)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: Personally, I have all of my 3D media tagged with this after the file name (Blu-ray 3DSBS). I've never had any issue detecting SBS or OU 3D content and displaying it in Kodi. The tag I use for my OU content is (Blu-ray 3DOU). Clearly, you shouldn't need more than the 3DXXX part in your file name. These tags have worked on any video file I've thrown at Kodi. When I want to make bulk tagging changes, I use some PowerShell scripts I've written to recursively scan and change specific strings in file names. If you want those scripts (PowerShell is Windows only, unless you want to install the Linux DSC), let me know. The process takes seconds to change thousands of tags. That's what I'd try, but it may not work for everyone.

For kicks I just tried your naming tags and none of them work. This seems to be an issue within Kodi itself. If the video is a sbs video all the Kodi wiki and forums say to just use sbs in the file name but it doesn't work. Also, my above "fix" only works with mkv files as I'm not yet sure how to edit the headers of mp4 files. Seems to still be a lot of confusion when it comes to 3D playback within Kodi and numerous 'supposed to work' functions don't as intended without some help. I'm still working on it as I've got tons of 3D files to fix and now likely looking at remuxing them all to mkv to correct the header info and solve the issue as I know what does actually work.

Edit: OK more playing around and I think I've fixed the issue now. I'm using a naming convention for movie trailers where I note the trailer is 3D in brackets ect The Martian (3D Trailer 1) hsbs.mp4. This wasn't working. Adding a second 3D after the bracket works, The Martian (3D Trailer 1) 3D hsbs.mp4. Using the tag 3Dhsbs DOES NOT work. There must be a space (or period, I guess) between 3D and hsbs AND it must come after any brackets. This has solved my issue now, which was a pain in the but to sort out as again there's so much mis-information out there about how to name files. If it doesn't work for others then I'm lost again but for now, for me, this works. Sorry for the tangential discussion but hopefully others using 3D with CV can learn and not pull hteir hair out like I've been doing. Now my problem is fixing all the trailers within my local library because the naming convention I'm using for 3D Bluray movies doesn't work. Ugh. Kodi needs to get this sorted out as it's to difficult to get it "right".
(2015-11-02, 23:27)Dave the Minion Wrote: For kicks I just tried your naming tags and none of them work. This seems to be an issue within Kodi itself. If the video is a sbs video all the Kodi wiki and forums say to just use sbs in the file name but it doesn't work. Also, my above "fix" only works with mkv files as I'm not yet sure how to edit the headers of mp4 files. Seems to still be a lot of confusion when it comes to 3D playback within Kodi and numerous 'supposed to work' functions don't as intended without some help. I'm still working on it as I've got tons of 3D files to fix and now likely looking at remuxing them all to mkv to correct the header info and solve the issue as I know what does actually work.

Edit: OK more playing around and I think I've fixed the issue now. I'm using a naming convention for movie trailers where I note the trailer is 3D in brackets ect The Martian (3D Trailer 1) hsbs.mp4. This wasn't working. Adding a second 3D after the bracket works, The Martian (3D Trailer 1) 3D hsbs.mp4. Using the tag 3Dhsbs DOES NOT work. There must be a space (or period, I guess) between 3D and hsbs AND it must come after any brackets. This has solved my issue now, which was a pain in the but to sort out as again there's so much mis-information out there about how to name files. If it doesn't work for others then I'm lost again but for now, for me, this works. Sorry for the tangential discussion but hopefully others using 3D with CV can learn and not pull hteir hair out like I've been doing. Now my problem is fixing all the trailers within my local library because the naming convention I'm using for 3D Bluray movies doesn't work. Ugh. Kodi needs to get this sorted out as it's to difficult to get it "right".

Dave, don't apologize for asking for help. Wink For those interested, here is a list of the allowed 3D file name tags for use in Kodi. Any combination will work, but the "3D" tag has to come first, and then the type of 3D second. Take any tag from the first column and match it with any tag from either the second column or third column, depending on the type of 3D file you're tagging.

Looks like I need to change my tags from OU to TAB!

I am still waiting for a fix for the projector entering and exiting 3d mode everyime there is another video played. I believe there should be a command to change the refresh rate to 23.976 and stay there until the end of the sequence.

Until this is done, 3d capabilities are useless for my projector setup.

PS. 2D functionality seems to still work great at cinemavision 1.0
Tiny Clanger & Scott, would you mind elaborating on the SMB part you were discussing earlier?

What do I need File Manager for exactly? I'm having some issues too and also set up Kodi on a SMB share. Might be related.
FYI, for those interested, CinemaVision support is coming to the Titan skin soon.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2015-11-03, 10:46)kgian Wrote: I am still waiting for a fix for the projector entering and exiting 3d mode everyime there is another video played. I believe there should be a command to change the refresh rate to 23.976 and stay there until the end of the sequence.

Until this is done, 3d capabilities are useless for my projector setup.

PS. 2D functionality seems to still work great at cinemavision 1.0

We're actively working on this issue. None of us use projectors, so we didn't even know this was a widespread issue till recently. We hope to have a fix soon. Glad to hear 2D is working like a champ!

(2015-11-03, 13:52)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Tiny Clanger & Scott, would you mind elaborating on the SMB part you were discussing earlier?

What do I need File Manager for exactly? I'm having some issues too and also set up Kodi on a SMB share. Might be related.

Check out this post near the bottom. Follow the instructions under the KNOWN ISSUES, ERRORS AND BUGS > Source Not Displaying header. We've seen it cause random issues when the share isn't added to the File Manager as a source. Very weird. Confused

(2015-11-03, 22:24)MidnightWatcher Wrote: FYI, for those interested, CinemaVision support is coming to the Titan skin soon.

Excellent! Added Titan to the first page.

Okay, I think I have to ask -- is there a possibility that whatever was done to Cinema Experience that made it a seamless feature with no popups, progress bars, buffering notices, etc will be added to Cinema Vision? Neither Eminence nor Arctic Zephyr do this, nor does adding the xml fixes in the OP work with these skins.
(2015-11-04, 02:56)jubilex Wrote: Okay, I think I have to ask -- is there a possibility that whatever was done to Cinema Experience that made it a seamless feature with no popups, progress bars, buffering notices, etc will be added to Cinema Vision? Neither Eminence nor Arctic Zephyr do this, nor does adding the xml fixes in the OP work with these skins.

It's the skin that does what you want, it just has to implement support for CinemaVision. I like Rapier the best so far, it hides the busy/working pop-up and I can also hide the progress bar.
Aeon MQ6 also doesn't show any pop-ups.
Yeah, but those aren't beautiful like Arctic Zephyr Tongue
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5