• 56(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2015-11-30, 21:26)iamforksu Wrote: Scott - here is a new log file, in which I performed a content update.
hhttp://pastebin.com/qtsfyp1Z

So it looks like it scraped in 3 new trailers from your content directory, and removed 3 others that presumably no longer exist:
Code:
13:11:38 T:140656999646976  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -] (API): Getting trailers from Content
13:11:38 T:140656999646976  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -] (API):  - Received 12 trailers
13:11:38 T:140656999646976  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -] (API):  - 3 new Content trailers added to database
13:11:38 T:140656999646976  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -] (API):  - 3 Content trailers removed from database

Do you currently have a total of 12 trailers in your %CVROOT%\Trailers directory? I'm also slowly adding best practices to the first post of this thread. If you've got trailers stored with your movies, we need to be sure they're named correctly and scraped correctly into your Kodi database, or CinemaVision will ignore them.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2015-11-30, 21:54)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: So it looks like it scraped in 3 new trailers from your content directory, and removed 3 others that presumably no longer exist:
Code:
13:11:38 T:140656999646976  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -] (API): Getting trailers from Content
13:11:38 T:140656999646976  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -] (API):  - Received 12 trailers
13:11:38 T:140656999646976  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -] (API):  - 3 new Content trailers added to database
13:11:38 T:140656999646976  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -] (API):  - 3 Content trailers removed from database

Do you currently have a total of 12 trailers in your %CVROOT%\Trailers directory? I'm also slowly adding best practices to the first post of this thread. If you've got trailers stored with your movies, we need to be sure they're named correctly and scraped correctly into your Kodi database, or CinemaVision will ignore them.

- Total of 12 trailers in CVROOT\Trailers\ - yes, that is correct.
- 3 removed and 3 new - this is possibly accurate but I don't really think so.... I have a script that autoruns and pulls online trailers to this folder. It has not ran in a couple days. Anyway, I can clear folder and retest later on this a bit more.
- I do not generally have trailers stored with my movies. The only trailers I am wanting CV to be able to play are the ones inside of the CVROOT\Trailers\ folder.

Additional paste where I attempted to run my sequence again. http://pastebin.com/QpcAYf6i Again, the trailers were skipped.
(2015-11-29, 21:31)Skank Wrote:
(2015-11-25, 22:59)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2015-11-25, 22:41)Skank Wrote: Addon doesnt work here, got error
http://xbmclogs.com/pwb5yrzos

We won't begin to develop for Kodi 16 Jarvis until a release candidate comes out. There's too much code changing and instability in Alpha and Beta releases. Once a release candidate comes out, we'll start to develop and test revisions of CinemaVision that are built to work with Jarvis.

It looks like you have a similar error to Carl. Make sure permissions are f correctly on your share. We suspect that CinemaVision can create the file, but isn't allowed to write to it.

i looked at the share and its public, so all have rread/write permissions
any other idea?

Scottt?
(2015-11-30, 22:22)iamforksu Wrote: - Total of 12 trailers in CVROOT\Trailers\ - yes, that is correct.
- 3 removed and 3 new - this is possibly accurate but I don't really think so.... I have a script that autoruns and pulls online trailers to this folder. It has not ran in a couple days. Anyway, I can clear folder and retest later on this a bit more.
- I do not generally have trailers stored with my movies. The only trailers I am wanting CV to be able to play are the ones inside of the CVROOT\Trailers\ folder.

Additional paste where I attempted to run my sequence again. http://pastebin.com/QpcAYf6i Again, the trailers were skipped.

You may have actually found a bug. We're looking into it.

(2015-11-30, 22:44)Skank Wrote: i looked at the share and its public, so all have rread/write permissions
any other idea?

I found this obscure post on the unRAID forum that might help.

Quote:Be sure you have a user role defined. In older versions of unRAID, root could access any share. In newer versions of unRAID, root can define shares, but he can't see share contents unless authorized. Set up a normal user and give him Read/Write access to your shares, and all of the data in them.

People described having to script something to change permissions on each and every file stored on the unRAID volume when using the root account. They would have to run this script every time a file was created or moved to the share. I'm not sure how to check this in unRAID, but their forum would be a good place to start.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2015-11-30, 23:13)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: People described having to script something to change permissions on each and every file stored on the unRAID volume when using the root account. They would have to run this script every time a file was created or moved to the share. I'm not sure how to check this in unRAID, but their forum would be a good place to start.

Yup. There is a script in the unraid gui that fixes permissions.

Or, one can telnet in and change the permissions manually to chown nobody:users and give the group rw access. That might fix it
(2015-11-28, 08:25)KrispyKreme Wrote: is there a way for trailers to be played in the sequence like in CE where u download them to a folder and it plays based off of your metadata you put in the folder with the file? Ex. movie-trailer.mp4; movie-trailer.nfo I get all my trailers from movie-list.com

We haven't added the option to automatically download trailers in the background, yet, but that's coming. We also plan to add a scraper for movie-list.com at some point. It's one of the first items we'll address in our next round of development. It sounds like what you're wanting to do is download high definition trailers and store them locally, and that we can do. You can either store them in the %CVROOT%\Trailers directory, or store them with local movies and scrape them into your Kodi database as trailers. Don't forget to update content in CinemaVision after you add files.

That works but it seems to just play the my trailers randomly. Is there a setting or a way trailers can be played based off the movie I'm watching Genre, rating, etc. For instance, if I'm watching an Action or Disney movie, it will play the appropriate trailer based off the genre and/or the rating
(2015-11-30, 23:13)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2015-11-30, 22:22)iamforksu Wrote: - Total of 12 trailers in CVROOT\Trailers\ - yes, that is correct.

You may have actually found a bug. We're looking into it.

(2015-11-30, 22:44)Skank Wrote: i looked at the share and its public, so all have rread/write permissions
any other idea?

I found this obscure post on the unRAID forum that might help.

Quote:Be sure you have a user role defined. In older versions of unRAID, root could access any share. In newer versions of unRAID, root can define shares, but he can't see share contents unless authorized. Set up a normal user and give him Read/Write access to your shares, and all of the data in them.

People described having to script something to change permissions on each and every file stored on the unRAID volume when using the root account. They would have to run this script every time a file was created or moved to the share. I'm not sure how to check this in unRAID, but their forum would be a good place to start.

(2015-12-01, 07:45)aptalca Wrote:
(2015-11-30, 23:13)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: People described having to script something to change permissions on each and every file stored on the unRAID volume when using the root account. They would have to run this script every time a file was created or moved to the share. I'm not sure how to check this in unRAID, but their forum would be a good place to start.

Yup. There is a script in the unraid gui that fixes permissions.

Or, one can telnet in and change the permissions manually to chown nobody:users and give the group rw access. That might fix it

so how do i run this script, can anyone help here? :p
(2015-12-01, 07:45)aptalca Wrote: Yup. There is a script in the unraid gui that fixes permissions.

Any chance I could talk you into doing a bit of a guide with screenshots for us? I'll put it in the guides section on the CinemaVision site when that's ready to go. Might be helpful for folks.

(2015-12-01, 08:37)KrispyKreme Wrote: That works but it seems to just play the my trailers randomly. Is there a setting or a way trailers can be played based off the movie I'm watching Genre, rating, etc. For instance, if I'm watching an Action or Disney movie, it will play the appropriate trailer based off the genre and/or the rating

There sure is. You can do it on a per-module basis, or globally. To modify the setting globally, which you can still change per-module to override the global setting, go to the CinemaVision Add-on Configuration.
  • Scroll down to the Trailers menu
  • Scroll down to the Rating limit setting
  • Set Rating limit to Match Features
  • Scroll down to the Match feature genres setting
  • Enable Match feature genres

Looking to get my buddy's CV HTPC set-up to control his Z-wave scenes. Finding info seems to be pretty difficult. I had previously got Z-wave working back 3 XBMC versions ago through CE but it seems everything has changed since then. Has anyone worked on this with CV yet? Or know of any good resource to look into?

It's a very basic set-up I'm trying to implement. Run 1 scene then CV starts, a second at a certain point, a third when the main feature begins and a final scene when the feature ends. Also want 2 very simple "remote" buttons to control scenes (once we figure out his Harmony) to run 4 scenes.

He's got a MicasaVera and we've installed a bunch of dimmers and controls. All the scenes are set-up within the Vera now, just need Kodi and CV to say when to execute certain ones. It's difficult to get time to "play" with all this stuff since I'm only at his place once or twice a week so I have to learn as much as I can before I get over there.

Still having issues running CV on his RPi2 for 3D as well but that's another issue we are playing with. 2D on his HTPC works awesome and will be amazing once CV controls all the lights.
Also, how's work on a TV Shows CV feature coming? Right now it does all sots of weird things when running from a TV show. Will be awesome to make a simple sequence to show audio bumpers before watching Walkding Dead of Game of Thrones.
(2015-12-01, 18:37)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2015-12-01, 07:45)aptalca Wrote: Yup. There is a script in the unraid gui that fixes permissions.

Any chance I could talk you into doing a bit of a guide with screenshots for us? I'll put it in the guides section on the CinemaVision site when that's ready to go. Might be helpful for folks.

(2015-12-01, 08:37)KrispyKreme Wrote: That works but it seems to just play the my trailers randomly. Is there a setting or a way trailers can be played based off the movie I'm watching Genre, rating, etc. For instance, if I'm watching an Action or Disney movie, it will play the appropriate trailer based off the genre and/or the rating

There sure is. You can do it on a per-module basis, or globally. To modify the setting globally, which you can still change per-module to override the global setting, go to the CinemaVision Add-on Configuration.
  • Scroll down to the Trailers menu
  • Scroll down to the Rating limit setting
  • Set Rating limit to Match Features
  • Scroll down to the Match feature genres setting
  • Enable Match feature genres

Ok I got that. I took all my trailers and put them into the root folder in my CV folder. That seems to work but it's randomly playing them not necessarily by the genre or rating of the movie. How would CV know what the genre of the trailer is if there is no info to pull from? I did try this tho. I scraped the trailers into Kodi. It pulls the movie data from IMDB and other sources but they show up as movies in my database on there which i don't want. Also I don't know how CV could determine what to pull from. I'm still lost lol
Quick question, I'm in the process of setting up my Christmas cinema vision sequence. I want to play specific trailers that are based on our Christmas movie list. What is the best way of doing this? If I need to download the trailers where's the best source?

Many thanks
(2015-12-04, 20:29)fryster Wrote: Quick question, I'm in the process of setting up my Christmas cinema vision sequence. I want to play specific trailers that are based on our Christmas movie list. What is the best way of doing this? If I need to download the trailers where's the best source?

Many thanks

What I do is set up CinemaVision to only use a directory for playing trailers, set it up to play four trailers, and then put the four trailers I want in that directory.

Here are some sources:

http://www.hd-trailers.net/ (Stereo Audio)

http://thedigitaltheater.com/index.php/m...iler-list/ (5.1 Audio)
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
I (we) need some light version of CinemaVision.
When we use it on Raspberry Pi (and RPI Zero version too), every resources are important.
We dont want to download any huge online content, even in background.

So, I need only one thing: playing the selected video prior to all movie, video, youtube starts up.
Something like THX logo trailer.
The one and only video file, I keep in the directory.

None trailers, none quizes, none trivias.

Can anybody instruct me?
- what and where I have to set - right after installation this add-on
- what I have to disable or uncheck to not use any other available features, especially not read any online content

TIA
(2015-12-02, 22:48)Dave the Minion Wrote: Looking to get my buddy's CV HTPC set-up to control his Z-wave scenes. Finding info seems to be pretty difficult. I had previously got Z-wave working back 3 XBMC versions ago through CE but it seems everything has changed since then. Has anyone worked on this with CV yet? Or know of any good resource to look into?

It's a very basic set-up I'm trying to implement. Run 1 scene then CV starts, a second at a certain point, a third when the main feature begins and a final scene when the feature ends. Also want 2 very simple "remote" buttons to control scenes (once we figure out his Harmony) to run 4 scenes.

He's got a MicasaVera and we've installed a bunch of dimmers and controls. All the scenes are set-up within the Vera now, just need Kodi and CV to say when to execute certain ones. It's difficult to get time to "play" with all this stuff since I'm only at his place once or twice a week so I have to learn as much as I can before I get over there.

Still having issues running CV on his RPi2 for 3D as well but that's another issue we are playing with. 2D on his HTPC works awesome and will be amazing once CV controls all the lights.

I don't know for sure but I think we may have a few folks using Z-Wave around here somewhere. Anyone have any success with it, and want to share their actions with all of us? If not, we can help put something together. With the help of a few members of the community, we've been able to nail down example actions for ISY recently. All we need to help is the correct API documentation for your buddies setup. A quick Google returned two Wiki articles, Test Sequence and Luup Requests. Let me know if that looks like it takes us in the right direction.

(2015-12-02, 22:57)Dave the Minion Wrote: Also, how's work on a TV Shows CV feature coming? Right now it does all sots of weird things when running from a TV show. Will be awesome to make a simple sequence to show audio bumpers before watching Walkding Dead of Game of Thrones.

I get to be the bearer of bad(?) news, Dave. We haven't done much more than white-board TV so far. We're still fixing things from the first round of development so once we're confident we're at a steady state, look for updates on TV functionality. We do plan to outline what we think we need to do and allow the community to get involved in development by submitting ideas, just like we did for creating the add-on initially.

(2015-12-04, 07:36)KrispyKreme Wrote: Ok I got that. I took all my trailers and put them into the root folder in my CV folder. That seems to work but it's randomly playing them not necessarily by the genre or rating of the movie. How would CV know what the genre of the trailer is if there is no info to pull from? I did try this tho. I scraped the trailers into Kodi. It pulls the movie data from IMDB and other sources but they show up as movies in my database on there which i don't want. Also I don't know how CV could determine what to pull from. I'm still lost lol

So CinemaVision can only calculate genre and rating if it has that data attached to the trailer. In order to do that, the trailer has to be scraped into the local Kodi database, or streaming from a source on the internet that has that published, like iTunes. I added instructions to the first post under the KODI BEST PRACTICES section that outlines how to set up local trailers in Kodi so they don't show up as full movies, but do get scraped in with all of the information we need to use those features. That might be more what you're looking for.

(2015-12-04, 20:29)fryster Wrote: Quick question, I'm in the process of setting up my Christmas cinema vision sequence. I want to play specific trailers that are based on our Christmas movie list. What is the best way of doing this? If I need to download the trailers where's the best source?

Many thanks
(2015-12-04, 21:16)MidnightWatcher Wrote: What I do is set up CinemaVision to only use a directory for playing trailers, set it up to play four trailers, and then put the four trailers I want in that directory.

Here are some sources:

http://www.hd-trailers.net/ (Stereo Audio)

http://thedigitaltheater.com/index.php/m...iler-list/ (5.1 Audio)

Exactly what I would have suggested. I also added those two sites to our growing list of scrapers to add when we have the download in background feature working well. Smile

(2015-12-05, 01:34)JANGER Wrote: I (we) need some light version of CinemaVision.
When we use it on Raspberry Pi (and RPI Zero version too), every resources are important.
We dont want to download any huge online content, even in background.

So, I need only one thing: playing the selected video prior to all movie, video, youtube starts up.
Something like THX logo trailer.
The one and only video file, I keep in the directory.

None trailers, none quizes, none trivias.

Can anybody instruct me?
- what and where I have to set - right after installation this add-on
- what I have to disable or uncheck to not use any other available features, especially not read any online content

TIA

Welcome! We haven't tested on the Pi Zero, because frankly, you're the only person I've seen that has one. The things are so hard to get right now! That said, a quick glance at the specs and you shouldn't have trouble doing what you want to do. CinemaVision is actually incredibly lightweight and only a few functions require "heavier" hardware (the Trivia Module's slide transitions, for example). To keep your content small, and the audio intact, I'd suggest you download one of the THX videos from the CinemaVision website that you like and put that on your Pi Zero. Here's what I would do from the default CinemaVision configuration:
  • Go through the steps in this post under CONFIGURING THE ADD-ON > What To Do After Installation
  • Go through the steps in this post under CONFIGURING THE ADD-ON > Demo Mode, Setting the Content Path and Specifying Sequences
  • Download the THX trailers you want to use in your sequence and put them in the %CVROOT%\Audio Format Bumpers\THX directory
  • Go through the steps in this post under CONFIGURING THE ADD-ON > Adding & Updating Content

That should be all you need to do for the content you want to use. The rest of the directories will remain empty unless you want to add more to your setup. You can create the CinemaVision Content Path (%CVROOT%) locally on the Micro SD card, or on a network share. The add-on doesn't care as long as your source is added in Kodi File Manager.

Now the fun stuff! Creating your sequence. I would personally recommend modifying the default sequence to fit your needs, so that you can ensure it works as intended when you queue up multiple movies.
  • Open the Sequence Editor by launching CinemaVision
  • Remove all Modules to the left of your first Audio Format Bumper Module
  • Remove the two Command Modules
  • Remove the Intermission Video Bumper Module
  • Remove the Trivia Module
  • Remove the Feature Outro Module
  • Add Command Modules to your sequence
    • One between the first Feature Module and the second Audio Format Bumper Module
    • One between the second Feature Module and the Theater Outro Video Bumper Module
  • Edit the settings on the first Command Module
    • Command: Skip
    • Argument: 4
    • Condition: Feature queue is empty
  • Edit the settings on the second Command Module
    • Command: Back
    • Argument: 2
    • Condition: Feature queue is full
  • Edit the settings on both Audio Format Bumper Modules
    • Method: Choose format
    • Format: THX
  • Optionally, you can rename the Audio Format Bumpers to THX so that you know what they do at a glance.
  • We'll leave the very last Theater Outro Video Bumper Module in the sequence so that the Command Module has a place to go. It won't actually do anything unless it finds a video in that %CVROOT% directory
  • Hit C, Save, name the sequence, and when prompted you want to set it as your 2D default.

Now that you've read all that, here's a sequence file that you can drop into your %CVROOT\Sequences directory and use. Smile This sequence file is exactly what doing the above steps will get you. Make sure you set it as the 2D default in the add-on settings. If you want one for 3D, you can create a similar sequence and add in a Video Bumper at the beginning that tells people to put on their 3D glasses.

If you have time, and a want to help, I'd love to see exactly what the Zero has trouble doing with some logs and descriptive posts. It might help us optimize some things for that platform, which I suspect will be more popular as time goes on.

I forgot to mention, you shouldn't have to disable anything at all. CinemaVision will only process what's in your sequence, which means it will ignore every single Module but the Audio Format Bumpers, Features and Command Modules.

• 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5