Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2016-06-20, 17:58)mancer Wrote: Thanks for your detailed reply.
I see your concerns there... obvious for something dynamic we'd have to rely on the infos being correct... but that's the same with the whole scraper system Kodi uses.
CSS3 might be a way to cope with different text length and such, but it'd probably be a hassle to get Kodi to show it.
Some skins (like Confluence and Unity) use a sort of popup when navigating over the 3D and subtitles button, maybe it's possible to make use of that.
While it definitely looks pretty with the pre-built slides, making the trivia dynamic (either on slides or as popups) makes it way easier to provied (and faster to get) those infos. Also, you can theoretically make trivia available in different languages (just like the movie scraper do).

You're absolutely right. That's why we were kicking around the idea of, if we went the dynamic route, hosting a database ourselves that the CinemaVision community could control. In that scenario, we'd want to give users in the community the ability to submit new trivia questions, suggest modifications to existing trivia questions, and so on. That will help us ensure that we have the most accurate, current information and everyone can participate. We are a long way from that, though. We may do something like that soon that we will then use to build all of our trivia content, but the dynamic slide creation is currently a pipe dream. Smile You're absolutely right about the language benefit, though. That would be incredibly helpful.

I'm not sure what controls exist to make that possible, and I'm not sure if we can control the placement and size of that pop-up window. I did add the suggestion to the list, so we'll talk to our developer about it as soon as he's ready for us.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content

Messages In This Thread
RE: CinemaVision Add-on: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home - by CinemaVision-Scott - 2016-06-20, 20:39
Cinemavision Addon - need help - by Mike413 - 2020-05-15, 12:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5