Req volume in the corner (not the middle)
hi yall. the wife is a compulsive volume switcher, which leaves me with 3 choices
  • take the remote away from her and listen to the complaining ... its too loud... i cant hear... its to loud
  • let her play with it and not watch ... the centre of the screen is always blocked
  • put the volume thing-eee in the corner and let her play with it all she wants
i went with #3 by changing the x/y's in DialogVolumeBar.xml
if anyone else wants, just put this in ~/.kodi/addons/skin.titan/1080i/

and the request: if im not alone in wanting this, show your support... maybe this becomes an option rather than a hack

rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
Thanks for your contribution. I will add an option to define the volumebar position in a future release.
Just to mention I miss to this progress bar design, in my opinion it looks better than in Beta, also the fonts in the OSD are much more nice.
(2015-07-23, 21:52)burekas Wrote: Just to mention I miss to this progress bar design, in my opinion it looks better than in Beta, also the fonts in the OSD are much more nice.

Maybe you've set your font to Arial?
Yes Indeed, but this is because it's the only font which present Hebrew chars.
But this is less critical in the design, the Progress bar is more dominant here, in my opinion of course.
(2015-07-24, 16:34)burekas Wrote: Yes Indeed, but this is because it's the only font which present Hebrew chars.

But this is less critical in the design, the Progress bar is more dominant here, in my opinion of course.

This is the default progress bar... Maybe you have enabled the optimized settings for slower machines? Then you'll have a simplified progressbar
No. The option of "Adjust settings for low performance system" in "General Skin Settings" is off.

The progress bar design in the Beta versions:

The progress bar design like here and the stable version:

The old one is look much better.
(2015-07-25, 10:46)burekas Wrote: No. The option of "Adjust settings for low performance system" in "General Skin Settings" is off.
The old one is look much better.

Huh You're talking about a progress bar in a thread about the volume dialog...
About the progressbar. Why is the old one better ? Please explain to me so I can understand.
I can open new thread if you want to, because he put this image here, I just mentioned it.

Regarding the progressbar it's just looking much better as I said, good looking and clean, and not so bold and aggressive like in the Beta.
(2015-07-17, 06:57)zosky Wrote: [/b]: if im not alone in wanting this, show your support... maybe this becomes an option rather than a hack

FYI: The next version of the skin will include your mod by default. The volume "slider" has moved to the upper right of the screen.
(2015-07-27, 22:15)burekas Wrote: Regarding the progressbar it's just looking much better as I said, good looking and clean, and not so bold and aggressive like in the Beta.

Next beta has a slightly changed slider. I think you'll like it ;-)
(2015-08-01, 12:34)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-07-17, 06:57)zosky Wrote: [/b]: if im not alone in wanting this, show your support... maybe this becomes an option rather than a hack

FYI: The next version of the skin will include your mod by default. The volume "slider" has moved to the upper right of the screen.

i am going to love this update more than i should.
(2015-08-01, 14:40)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-07-27, 22:15)burekas Wrote: Regarding the progressbar it's just looking much better as I said, good looking and clean, and not so bold and aggressive like in the Beta.

Next beta has a slightly changed slider. I think you'll like it ;-)
Marcel, what actually has been changed in 3.3.35 (with the progressbar), it look the same I think.
(2015-08-03, 22:34)burekas Wrote: Marcel, what actually has been changed in 3.3.35 (with the progressbar), it look the same I think.

Oops, it's in next beta. I have added a border to the progress bar. You can now set the progress bar background color to "None" and you will have the same result as the old progressbar.
marcel, you are awesome. lovin so much about the update !!!

i'd actually made a few more tweakes after posting ... half the size & no box... then i noticed when we change volume in the menus it overlapped the other stuff... so did you apparently. nice work !!

im going to offer 2 more cents Tongue we know its the volume. it doesnt need an icon. i removed it and put the numbers in centre

that said, i kept the mute one, thats better then 0

also lovin the new pass-through icon !! i actually just got 5.1 yesterday
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
volume in the corner (not the middle)0