• 56(current)
Broken USTVnow [Official Plugin]
(2020-03-14, 08:04)barney63 Wrote:
(2020-03-13, 22:28)warchild13 Wrote: Well according to USTVNOW it's not their problem!
The plug-in allows me to log in, recognizes the account but then will not play any channel. It spins, buffers and then marks itself as played.
I've uninstalled the plugin, reinstalled, updated etc. Might be coincidental but I first noticed the problem after the inputstreamadapitve helper updated.
What's not their problem?  Do you have a free account or is it a paid account? 
Right now, a paid account. I go back and forth. What's not their problem is that the kodi add-on doesn't work. It will play in the TV browser but the sound and picture are poor.
New here, and have been using the USTVNOW plugin for years now (including the now-defunct Plus plugin) in Raspbian on a Raspberry Pi.  Paid plan as well. I'm able to view most of the channels in my plan, but I simply cannot view ABC, CBS, PBS, or NBC with the plugin.  In the log I get (for instance, when I try to open PBS) * log removed by moderator on user's request *

When I cut and paste the full URL to the video source ( ottproxy.yuppcdn.net/live .... ) for which it gives the error "CCurlFile::Open failed with code 0" in my browser on my laptop (when I'm logged in to USTVNOW in my browser) on the same network, I have no problem viewing it.

From the shell on the Raspberry Pi I can also wget that full URL as well-- so there's no network problem blocking the USTVNOW plugin from accessing it.
I am having issues with getting the plugin to work for me with a free account.   The account works in the browser to stream the free channels.
I have done a completely new Kodi install this morning on another PC to limit any interaction issues but the behaviour is the same with both installtions.
I have started with the 2019.04.12 and then installed the 2019.02.20 builds of the plugin.
When I go to view a free channel, CBS, the video doesn't open.

Here is the full log from starting Kodi in debug mode with USTVNOW in logging mode and trying to open CBS:

https://paste.kodi.tv/bodobaxohu.kodi

The first errors start at time stamp:

2020-03-30 09:43:13.717 

I think the relevant errors start here:

2020-03-30 09:43:16.893 

Any pointers would be appreciated, thanks.
Just curious, you gave them a credit card number to get a free account?
(2020-03-30, 16:12)BuckShot Wrote: I am having issues with getting the plugin to work for me with a free account.   The account works in the browser to stream the free channels.
I have done a completely new Kodi install this morning on another PC to limit any interaction issues but the behaviour is the same with both installtions.
I have started with the 2019.04.12 and then installed the 2019.02.20 builds of the plugin.
When I go to view a free channel, CBS, the video doesn't open.

Here is the full log from starting Kodi in debug mode with USTVNOW in logging mode and trying to open CBS:

https://paste.kodi.tv/bodobaxohu.kodi

The first errors start at time stamp:

2020-03-30 09:43:13.717 

I think the relevant errors start here:

2020-03-30 09:43:16.893 

Any pointers would be appreciated, thanks.
Looks like exactly the same problem I've been having (see my post immediately before yours), some kind of trouble that the plugin is having connecting to that video stream source with the URL  ottproxy.yuppcdn.net/live ....
(2020-03-31, 00:58)barney63 Wrote: Just curious, you gave them a credit card number to get a free account?

I think I used my backup paypal account for it.  I use it for things like this.
I'll look into fixing the plugin...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2020-03-31, 13:32)BuckShot Wrote: I think I used my backup paypal account for it.  I use it for things like this.
Thanks, I'll look into that.  I forgot about the PayPal option.
(2020-03-31, 21:13)Lunatixz Wrote: I'll look into fixing the plugin...

Hooray and thanks! They're having some good deals which are worthless without your valued plug-in!
(2020-03-31, 21:13)Lunatixz Wrote: I'll look into fixing the plugin...
Just to let you know, I am having the exact same problem also.  Paid account.  These are the channels that i cannot watch (of those that I am supposed to have access to):

ABC, CBS, CW, My Network TV, PBS (I think these happen to be the 5 channels that are also found in the Free-to-Watch Plan)

These channels are working fine:

AMC, Animal Planet, BBC America, Bravo, CNBC, Discovery Channel,  FOX, FOX News, Free Form, FX, TLC, MSNBC, National Geographic, Sundance TV, SyFy, USA Network

These two just don't exist in the list of channels:

MavTV, NASA

If you need a log I will be happy to provide.

THank you !
Forgot to mention - Reason why I want to stick with Kodi... 1. On the TV Box that I use, the browser option is just too inconvenient to use, 2. Video always disconnects after a while on browser, vs. not a single problem with Kodi plugin.  Although I lose CC in Kodi (hope there is a way to get Closed Captioning too someday !!)
Same problem here. Paid account. Can’t watch cbs abc cw nbc. Mavtv and nasa aren’t there. Guide listing is difficult to refresh if not impossible. Was a great addon and have been using it daily for years but it just seems to be another neglected addon that in its day was the best out there. Like TVShow Next aired was a awesome guide but unfortunately abandoned as well.
Update pending... nothings been neglected or abandoned; work is voluntary so be patient.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2020-04-08, 12:49)seemebreakthis Wrote: Forgot to mention - Reason why I want to stick with Kodi... 1. On the TV Box that I use, the browser option is just too inconvenient to use, 2. Video always disconnects after a while on browser, vs. not a single problem with Kodi plugin.  Although I lose CC in Kodi (hope there is a way to get Closed Captioning too someday !!)

Just realized kodi does support closed captions.  Just need to enable it and the streams that already contain CC (like the ones in USTVnow) will allow Kodi to parse CC out of them.

Life would be perfect if all the channels are supported by the plugin.
Did USTVnow remove the free channels ?
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USTVnow [Official Plugin]5