Android Disabling air mouse on remote control
Hello, I am using an Ebay 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse Remote Control :

203623 (thread)

I would like to disable the air mouse cursor "permanently" when using Kodi, only using the arrow keys to control Kodi instead of the air mouse.
On the above link, for Windows machine, they could stop the air mouse cursor just by installing Kodi v15 + some simple changes.

I am running Kodi v15 on my Samsung Homesync Android 4.4.2 and have tried this from wiki without luck:

"Special Considerations for Mouse-Clicks (available starting in version 15)
RF remotes often have an integrated Air Mouse. Most KODI users will only wish to use the left and right button of the Air-mouse

To disable the mouse-cursor place these 2 entries in mouse.xml
<mousemove>noop</mousemove> <mousedrag>noop</mousedrag>

To properly capture a left-click, you need to place 2 entries in mouse.xml
<leftclick>Select</leftclick> <mousedragend>Select</mousedragend>

To properly capture a right-click, you also need to place 2 entries in mouse.xml
<rightclick>Back</rightclick> <mouserdragend>Back</mouserdragend>"

Have I missed something?
I'm wondering if you read through the whole thread and installed the fix(updated in latter posts in the thread to find the proper directories) for Isengard(Alpha 2 suggested in thread) or tried some of the other fixes/methods suggested, and why you're not posting such a specific question there since that thread is devoted more directly to your issue? Chances are you'd get the help you need...

I went through the thread and there seem to be a lot of caveats between several manufactures/models of the remotes with differing behaviors, as well as a lot of ways to go about the changes you want to make.

I went another route and bought a unit like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Cool-Portabl...BZZQJGZHAT

which one simply turns so the keypad side is up to turn off mouse functions and after a few seconds of inactivity the cursor is hidden, or you can click a key to dis/enable it on the mouse side.

Rechargeable from USB and comes with a cable -lasts 4-8 weeks here. The only actual downside is that it has a slightly non-standard keyboard layout with O & P on the bottom right. It works well enough that I've never even considered connecting up my full size RF keyboard. About the only improvements I could think of would be the OP layout(you get used to it quickly if you use it much) and that when used on KODI's keyboard input the arrow keys on the remote do not back up the cursor so one has to move the mouse to the back arrows on the on-screen keyboard and use them if editing a line of text/renaming a file, etc. I have fairly large hands and it works great thumb typing on it like you might on a phone keyboard. That said, I would not want to write anything of length on it as with most small keyboard remotes.
That remote is a PITA. I had one and getting past the automatic airmouse function was nearly impossible on Android, from what I recall. Later mine just flat out died, so I've just come to the conclusion that it is a crappy product all around. It's a shame, because it could have been really great with the layout they had and the dual sides.
Personally, I too liked the layout better on the OP's remote, but preferred the ergonomics of the one I bought in terms of shape and fit in the hand. For what I paid, I've been extremely happy. I love how when using the somatic mouse it is so simple to redefine the space envelope by simply moving to an edge to redefine a comfortable range of motion to move the remote through -wasn't sure how that'd work and was pleasantly surprised, no creep and smooth action too.
I did not see the fix could be used for other plattforms too!!! Thanks Technisol!
I have tried the fix on my Samsung Sync running Kodi 15 and I still have to disable the air mouse every time the mouse cursor reappears.
But now with "disable mouse" in Kodi settings the air mouse will never do any actions even the mouse cursor is visible. Just press the air mouse button on the remote, the mouse cursor will disappear and use the arrow keys to control Kodi.
The fix is not perfect, but now it is better using the remote control with Kodi Android.
The mouse re-enables whenever the remote "wakes" from being idle for a while.
If the keyboard doesn't matter to you, Minix sells an airmouse remote (M-something, iirc) that properly disable mouse, but no keyboard.
Using it constantly when I'm too lazy to try to remember which remote I have to use for a specific box Wink
The Measy GP830 isn't bad as a remote with a keyboard side. It has an airmouse, but it actually keeps it off until you turn it on again. Just don't get excited about the headphone jack, as it's low quality mono :(
Lightbulb 
Dear Forum Administrator,

Please remove my account and profile.

Thank you very much Smile
Has anyone found the solution to disable only the mouse arrow?
EDIT: I found the solution
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=278842
On my remote...I kept hitting the right arrow to return to normal mode
As for the linked "Smart&Cool ® 2.4G Mini Flying" (Amazon link) there is also a model with cursor keys (on the keyboard side) with the same name.
The LYNEC C120 2.4G 6 Axis Portable Mini Wireless Remote Keyboard/Mouse seems to be a similar model.
Also the XORO AMW 100 (my airmouse) seems to be a similar model, but with QWERTZ layout!
Other similar models/importers: Aetechbd C120M, LeLong C120, ...., ... * C120
The newer model, with cursor keys, is often listed as TK668.

I bought the XORO AMW 100 yesterday and I'm also not happy with the mouse-function (which sometimes work, and sometimes not). Since it has cursor keys, it's also fine to use it just with the keyboard side.
I have to find a solution, where it is also usable with the mouse-side up (but not having the mouse cursor).
BTW: My XORO AMW 100 also have IR but it's not clear what this is for. It's not described in my "manual" (just on page).

Heureka!
I found the way, of enabling/disabling the mouse cursor. The key for enabling/disabling the Mouse (the middle key in the bottom line, between the back/home key and the menu key), which is also for enabling the microphone, has to be pressed twice (like a double click)!
The manual doesn't tell this!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disabling air mouse on remote control1