Android adbShield: Companion software for Kodi & Android TV
(2015-12-07, 01:00)jocala Wrote:
(2015-12-07, 00:45)MicMack Wrote: Trying this on the Nvidia Shield TV and Though it shows the IP and shows connected, it says unauthorized in the box next to that. So far I've failed to install any apk's.

What am I missing?

Typically, a dialog is supposed to pop up on the Android device where you click a checkbox to authorize the connecting computer. I've yet to see this dialog on my Shield. I found that after I click the "refresh adb" button a time or two, the status suddenly changes to "device" and all is well.

Good suggestion. I've been trying to get it to go to "device", but it seems stuck on being " unauthorized", This is a very new unit, and is the 2.1 version. Maybe this fix has been "fixed" by Nvidia? I can't understand why they work so hard to keep us from enjoying our units. They as in Google, etc.
(2015-12-07, 01:18)MicMack Wrote:
(2015-12-07, 01:00)jocala Wrote:
(2015-12-07, 00:45)MicMack Wrote: Trying this on the Nvidia Shield TV and Though it shows the IP and shows connected, it says unauthorized in the box next to that. So far I've failed to install any apk's.

What am I missing?

Typically, a dialog is supposed to pop up on the Android device where you click a checkbox to authorize the connecting computer. I've yet to see this dialog on my Shield. I found that after I click the "refresh adb" button a time or two, the status suddenly changes to "device" and all is well.

Good suggestion. I've been trying to get it to go to "device", but it seems stuck on being " unauthorized", This is a very new unit, and is the 2.1 version. Maybe this fix has been "fixed" by Nvidia? I can't understand why they work so hard to keep us from enjoying our units. They as in Google, etc.

I'm on 2.1 as well. The "Refresh ADB" button does work for me, but as I said I have to click it several times before the the status switches to "device".
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
Tried 50 times total, then thumb got sore. No luck.
(2015-12-07, 02:05)MicMack Wrote: Tried 50 times total, then thumb got sore. No luck.

Sorry, it works here. I'll research this and see if I can come up with an answer.
I can't get it to work here either on a brand new UK 500GB model (it installed an update when I first turned it on also).
(2015-12-07, 20:10)D-an-W Wrote: I can't get it to work here either on a brand new UK 500GB model (it installed an update when I first turned it on also).

Thanks for the feedback
I just noticed this in the Wiki:

Quote:Currently the Shield Android TV does not support Remote Connections, so to connect to the Shield to sideload via ADB it requires a direct connection.

Is Ethernet classed as a direct connection?
(2015-12-08, 08:10)D-an-W Wrote: I just noticed this in the Wiki:

Quote:Currently the Shield Android TV does not support Remote Connections, so to connect to the Shield to sideload via ADB it requires a direct connection.

Is Ethernet classed as a direct connection?

The wiki needs to be updated. The 2.1 update allows ethernet connections, it's the only way I connect now. Nvidia calls it "Network Debugging".

As far as the "unauthorized" status, I'm still working on it.
My working theory is that network debugging won't be authorized unless USB debugging is authorized first.

First, I had to revoke my existing authorization, otherwise the authorization dialog would not display

You may not have to do this step if you've not authorized your PC:

1. Delete the files adbkey & adbkey.pub. I did this because I could find no "revoke existing authorizations" dialog on the Shield, that is mentioned for nexus devices.

These are RSA keys and are generated adb.exe. They are typically stored in $HOME/.android as adbkey and adbkey.pub. On Windows that usually translates to %USERPOFILE%\.android, but keys might end up in C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\.android in some cases.

2. Connect your Shield to your computer via USB, then check the "always allow from this computer" checkbox in the dialog that should pop up on the Shield.

3. Make sure network debugging is turned on.
Indeed, "usb debugging" is a misnomer. It has to be enabled for network debugging as well.
Try going to "edit' then change the mode to "1" worked for me
Makes no difference what Mode I select, are you sure you have never had it connected via USB as jocala suggested?
Hello,

with adbshield I could install some (freeware) apps which I couldn't through google play store.
Now I've a question if it's possible to set the Shield TV into fastboot mode with adbshield?
If yes how can I do this?

Thanks in advance
(2015-12-13, 13:19)Huberer Wrote: Hello,

with adbshield I could install some (freeware) apps which I couldn't through google play store.
Now I've a question if it's possible to set the Shield TV into fastboot mode with adbshield?
If yes how can I do this?

Thanks in advance

Yes. Connect via usb then press the "Console" button.

paste in the command:

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Thumbs Up 
Thanks for the info. Perfect

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adbShield: Companion software for Kodi & Android TV1