Android adbShield: Companion software for Kodi & Android TV
@jocola:

I've tried your suggestion (started the console via adbshield) and got this error:

Code:
Last login: Mon Dec 14 09:05:25 on console
Marios-MacBook-Air:adbsfiles MacBookAir$ adb reboot bootloader
-bash: adb: command not found
Marios-MacBook-Air:adbsfiles MacBookAir$

The Shield has the latest firmware, is connected via USB to my MacBookAir and Debugging is enabled. Two days before I could install the freeware AutoStart with adbshield.
So I've no clue why the command is not working.

What's wrong here?

Edit: I'm using Mavericks (10.9.5) on my MBA

Solved: with the command
Code:
./adb reboot bootloader

with ./adb everything was working
(2015-12-14, 10:14)Huberer Wrote: @jocola:

I've tried your suggestion (started the console via adbshield) and got this error:

Code:
Last login: Mon Dec 14 09:05:25 on console
Marios-MacBook-Air:adbsfiles MacBookAir$ adb reboot bootloader
-bash: adb: command not found
Marios-MacBook-Air:adbsfiles MacBookAir$

The Shield has the latest firmware, is connected via USB to my MacBookAir and Debugging is enabled. Two days before I could install the freeware AutoStart with adbshield.
So I've no clue why the command is not working.

What's wrong here?

Edit: I'm using Mavericks (10.9.5) on my MBA

Solved: with the command
Code:
./adb reboot bootloader

with ./adb everything was working

Bug. Thanks for pointing it out.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
Ok, good to know. Thanks for the info
Will adbShield: Companion software for Kodi & Android TV work with the new WeTek Core?
(2015-12-14, 21:50)mjbxx Wrote: Will adbShield: Companion software for Kodi & Android TV work with the new WeTek Core?

It should work with any generic Android TV.
"Connect your Shield to your computer via USB" Do I connect with a usb to usb cable, or can the mini usb port be used on the Shield? Asking because I have the latter, but not the former.
(2015-12-16, 22:46)MicMack Wrote: "Connect your Shield to your computer via USB" Do I connect with a usb to usb cable, or can the mini usb port be used on the Shield? Asking because I have the latter, but not the former.

I use the mini that came with my Shield.
Hi jocala, did you ever look into getting passed the "unauthorised" device without having to connect via USB first?

My Shield is "plumbed in" upstairs so USB isn't ideal if it can be done without it!
(2015-12-28, 09:57)D-an-W Wrote: Hi jocala, did you ever look into getting passed the "unauthorised" device without having to connect via USB first?

My Shield is "plumbed in" upstairs so USB isn't ideal if it can be done without it!

No, you have to make that initial USB connection first Sad
I used a laptop for the first USB connection and then copied the two key files created to my Mac downstairs and I can report adbShield works just fine now.
i am unable to connect i have tried everything just won't connect any help would be appreciated
(2016-01-09, 04:42)joanne777 Wrote: i am unable to connect i have tried everything just won't connect any help would be appreciated

How are you trying to connect, IP or USB? And what does your log say?
i have try withe ip wireless and also tried with the USB and nothing happens
(2016-01-09, 05:45)joanne777 Wrote: i have try withe ip wireless and also tried with the USB and nothing happens

First, is the adb server running? If no, you have an installation problem.

Windows USB needs drivers: https://developer.nvidia.com/shield-open-source

You also need to turn on USB debugging and Network debugging in developer settings. (Network debugging won't work unless you enable USB debugging).

You need to get USB connections working before moving on to an IP connection.

Once USB is working move on to IP:

You need to verify your Shield IP address: Settings->Network

If you've done all that, test your IP with ping

Press the adbFire "console" button. Then type "ping <SHIELDIP.ADDRESS>" (fill in your actuall shield ip address).

What does it reply?
I am unable to turn debugging because it is not there the adb server is running. i have it install on a MacBook Pro.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adbShield: Companion software for Kodi & Android TV1