Show file size before streaming?
Hi Guys, Just setup my new RPi 2 HTPC running openelec/Kodi (latest version) and I've been able to get everything working except for one thing that's driving me nuts. Smile

Is there a way to view the size of a file before I stream it?
Kodi tells me how long the file runs for but not how big it is. I find this has an adverse effect on my monthly download limit.
Hopefully the solution is there and I simply can;t see it. Smile

Many thanks.
(2015-08-15, 23:57)Dorector Wrote: Hi Guys, Just setup my new RPi 2 HTPC running openelec/Kodi (latest version) and I've been able to get everything working except for one thing that's driving me nuts. Smile

Is there a way to view the size of a file before I stream it?
Kodi tells me how long the file runs for but not how big it is. I find this has an adverse effect on my monthly download limit.
Hopefully the solution is there and I simply can;t see it. Smile

Many thanks.

Probably down to whatever add-on you're using and whatever metadata is available from the website the add-on is streaming from. Given the nature of streams, it's often not possible to determine the size of the underlying file unless this is provided as metadata.

Also, this question isn't RPi specific, moving to OS Independent.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
OK cheers. So not doable then?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show file size before streaming?0