• 1(current)
Mod Movie Info Screen - Big Cast,Big Poster, Rolling Disc for MQ5 & MQ6 Isengard
Updated for MQ6 Isengard + 1080p Version

Hey Everyone Big Grin

A few months back i decided to delve into the modding world by trying to learn how modding works. i would like to share the mod i made to the movie info screen.

I would like to thank the users on here (scott s) and many others who help answers questions and marcousqui for his amazing skin without which kodi wouldn't be the same.

Without further ado heres how it looks.

Ive modded the actor list so it shows more actors at bottom and when your scrolling through the list the actor big version shows on the side.

When you scroll up from the actor list to the menu bar above (play, resume etc.) it shows the poster for the movie.
Attack of the 50ft cheerleader haha dont ask Tongue

And finally i made the disc scroll in from the side and the logo or clearart to rotate down from the corner which looks nice.
I also added top 250 logo. (All files required below)

Whats Required

First off download the following files by right click and save as. Save the files in the media folder of the skin.

actornamebg.png (When save as dialog appears enter actornamebg for the file name.)
imdb250.png (When save as dialog appears enter imdb250 for the file name.)
imdbstar.png (When save as dialog appears enter imdbstar for the file name.)

Next

Download the dialogvideoinfo.xml file below. Right click and select save as.

MQ5
dialogvideoinfo.xml

MQ6 Isengard 720p
dialogVideoInfo.xml

MQ6 Isengard 1080p
dialogvideoinfo.xml

Important: When the save as dialog appears make sure to click on the (save as type) drop down menu from text document to all files.
Then add the extension .xml to the end of the dialogvideoinfo filename. When the file is downloaded Right click and select properties to ensure that it saved as xml file and not txt.

Recommendation: In MQ6 I recommend you set the flag bar colour to graphite and flag bar transparency to 0% to get the best look.

Copy and paste the file to the 720p folder. Confirm overwrite.

Please backup your original dialogvideoinfo.xml file before overwriting, incase you want to keep original

Tip: I recommend you remove any actors that dont have images or find images for actors that dont have images, otherwise a blank black image will show where actor hasnt an image. This can spoil the look when moving through the actors.

Thats It. Let me know if your having any issues. Ill be glad to help. Hope you enjoy. Big Grin
Good work!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
This looks BEAUTIFUL! Running MQ6 and I see some of the images are off...guessing those are the tweaks needed? lol Definitely looking forward to an MQ6 one!
I am sorry for such a beginners question but.............how do I get to those views?
I made the mods as you instructed but cannot find this view....?

KODI 15.1
MQ6
(2015-08-22, 18:02)iblong Wrote: I am sorry for such a beginners question but.............how do I get to those views?
I made the mods as you instructed but cannot find this view....?

KODI 15.1
MQ6

Hi iblong

When your browsing through your movie list press the letter i on your keyboard should bring up this view.

Some bits wont display correctly on mq6, have to tweak it abit. Will update it when MQ6 stable gets released shortly.
Ah....thank you for the answer..............Brilliant work!
OK I copy the three PNG file into media folder and they are showing up in MQ6 or MQ5.

What i'm i doing wrong?

Everything else is working fine.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2015-08-24, 22:15)movie78 Wrote: OK I copy the three PNG file into media folder and they are showing up in MQ6 or MQ5.

What i'm i doing wrong?

Check that files are spelled like above and that they aren't saved with a double png extension
eg. Imdbstar.PNG.PNG.

The top 250 logo and the yellow star rating only show when its a top 250 movie. Normal movies show the blue stars rating. The third file is for the black gradient for actor name bottom of PIC.

Hope this helps
(2015-08-25, 00:00)the_bo Wrote:
(2015-08-24, 22:15)movie78 Wrote: OK I copy the three PNG file into media folder and they are showing up in MQ6 or MQ5.

What i'm i doing wrong?

Check that files are spelled like above and that they aren't saved with a double png extension
eg. Imdbstar.PNG.PNG.

The top 250 logo and the yellow star rating only show when its a top 250 movie. Normal movies show the blue stars rating. The third file is for the black gradient for actor name bottom of PIC.

Hope this helps

Still no IMDBSTAR or Top 250 movie, MQ5 or MQ6Nod
(2015-08-25, 01:52)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 00:00)the_bo Wrote:

What i'm i doing wrong?

eg. Imdbstar.PNG.PNG.

Hope this helps

You can create a top 250 playlist that shows all ur top 250 movies to ensure that ur library is picking up the top 250 info. If you click on new smart playlists. Set type to movies. Then set "find items where" to top 250 on left column then select greater than on right column press down then enter 0.

Save playlist then open saved playlist and if there's movies there then test them.

If that fails post back I'll try figure out what else cud be the problem.
(2015-08-25, 02:58)the_bo Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 01:52)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 00:00)the_bo Wrote: Check that files are spelled like above and that they aren't saved with a double png extension
eg. Imdbstar.PNG.PNG.

Hope this helps

You can create a top 250 playlist that shows all ur top 250 movies to ensure that ur library is picking up the top 250 info. If you click on new smart playlists. Set type to movies. Then set "find items where" to top 250 on left column then select greater than on right column press down then enter 0.

Save playlist then open saved playlist and if there's movies there then test them.

Gone Girl and Fight Club are all part of IMDB top 250 and still no go!

Thanks for your help!!
(2015-08-25, 03:29)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 02:58)the_bo Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 01:52)movie78 Wrote: Still no IMDBSTAR or Top 250 movie, MQ5 or MQ6Nod

Thanks for your help!!

Does the black gradient across the actors name on the big picture show?
(2015-08-25, 04:08)the_bo Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 03:29)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 02:58)the_bo Wrote: You can create a top 250 playlist that shows all ur top 250 movies to ensure that ur library is picking up the top 250 info. If you click on new smart playlists. Set type to movies. Then set "find items where" to top 250 on left column then select greater than on right column press down then enter 0.

Thanks for your help!!

This is what i see.

(2015-08-25, 13:32)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 04:08)the_bo Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 03:29)movie78 Wrote: Gone Girl and Fight Club are all part of IMDB top 250 and still no go!

Thanks for your help!!

This is what i see.

Seems like everything is copied OK. Can u check the NFO file of fight club and see if f the <top250> tag is there.
(2015-08-25, 14:45)the_bo Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 13:32)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 04:08)the_bo Wrote: Does the black gradient across the actors name on the big picture show?

This is what i see.

Seems like everything is copied OK. Can u check the NFO file of fight club and see if f the <top250> tag is there.

Can you please upload your MQ5 or MQ6 entire MOD?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Info Screen - Big Cast,Big Poster, Rolling Disc for MQ5 & MQ6 Isengard3