WE TEK Box
Hi guys

I quite like Codesnake's Openelec for the MX2 box and I know that he has been involved with the WE TEK Box development......has anyone tried one of these boxes yet? Are they good? Can they run KODI 15 smoothly?

Any opinions would be greatly apprceiated.

Thanks
Quote:has anyone tried one of these boxes yet? Are they good? Can they run KODI 15 smoothly?

Yes, yes and yes
(2015-08-24, 09:15)David1977 Wrote:
Quote:has anyone tried one of these boxes yet? Are they good? Can they run KODI 15 smoothly?

Yes, yes and yes

Thanks David1977

What are the diffenece with the TV tuners? Are these just LNB leads that you can plug in the back for satellite TV as well?

Apologies if I sound a bit vague.

Cheers
You have to know what the shortcuts mean....

DVB-S = satelite
DVB-T = terristrical
DVB-C = cable TV

For your sat antenna you will need the DVB-S Wetek Box. And yes...you can plug your Sat coax cable directly to that box, configure the backend and the frontend software (google for Kodi PVR) and then Live TV should work.

Note: This is all in theory. I neither have a Wetek Box nor do I use Live TV. But I often read about ppl in IRC who are impressed by the Wetek box Wink
Many thanks David.....appreciated
I use mine just as a backend running openelec installed on the nand running tvheadend, it's working just fine. Doing it like that I didn't have to have satellite cables running trough the whole apt.
(2015-08-24, 15:57)fredfred Wrote: I use mine just as a backend running openelec installed on the nand running tvheadend, it's working just fine. Doing it like that I didn't have to have satellite cables running trough the whole apt.

Hi fredfred

This sounds like how I would like it, but using TVheadend seems very complicated......is this similar to IPTV?

Cheers
Hi. I have wetek with dvb-s2 tuner . Yesterday installed (updated) openelec to 5.95.4 (with kodi 15.1) . Working very good. I am using vdr backend . For me the best but also i have configured tvheadend . I prefer to install openelec to sdcard (in nand latest wetek android, thanks to this you can boot oe from sdcard)
(2015-08-24, 19:55)ncis Wrote:
(2015-08-24, 15:57)fredfred Wrote: I use mine just as a backend running openelec installed on the nand running tvheadend, it's working just fine. Doing it like that I didn't have to have satellite cables running trough the whole apt.

Hi fredfred

This sounds like how I would like it, but using TVheadend seems very complicated......is this similar to IPTV?

Cheers

TVHeadend CAN be complicated IF you want to play with all those cool settings, but just to use it as a streaming device like I use mine I spent maybe 30 minutes setting it up.
There are videoguides and all the info you need from WeTek, they provide really good and useful guides.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WE TEK Box0