Solved Amlogic: zoomed or not fullscreen picture
Today installed Kodi from the link on Kodi webpage to the google playstore.

All streaming TV pictures and movies are zoomed and unwatchable...issue is not solved for me and have to go back to 14.2.

Amlogic S805 android box purchased today.
(2015-08-28, 20:15)rollingrock Wrote: Today installed Kodi from the link on Kodi webpage to the google playstore.

All streaming TV pictures and movies are zoomed and unwatchable...issue is not solved for me and have to go back to 14.2.

have you not understood that you should install the APK from the first post of this thread?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-08-28, 20:17)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-08-28, 20:15)rollingrock Wrote: Today installed Kodi from the link on Kodi webpage to the google playstore.

have you not understood that you should install the APK from the first post of this thread?

OK thanks and I apologise.

Yesterday I updated Kodi 15.1 to 15.2rc on another amlogic s805 box and that did not have any problems so I assumed they were the same.

I will give the one in the first post try.
only if we get enough OK reports this will be put in Play Store
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Installed this on two boxes that didn't seem to be affected by the fullscreen problem. They are Tronfy Mxq (S805 - decent box if you know how to fix the 666 permissions) and beelink m7b (s802 I think. Brilliant box once permissions fixed and the (otherwise) best android firmware found).

There's no adverse effect of this on either box. I've already said it fixed by Mygica Atv1200.

Thanks for all your hard work on this
(2015-08-28, 20:24)rollingrock Wrote:
(2015-08-28, 20:17)Martijn Wrote:

OK thanks and I apologise.

Yesterday I updated Kodi 15.1 to 15.2rc on another amlogic s805 box and that did not have any problems so I assumed they were the same.

I will give the one in the first post try.

I installed the KODI version in the first post and the zoom seems to be fixed. Thanks.
that is the weirdest thing, I'm programming my second Amlogic and I downloaded the apk on the top page and the screen is still small. But it worked on the other box.

Thoughts?
can someone refresh my memory on how to install the apk. I downloaded and tried clicking on the link and it says it cannot open the file.
Never mind, figured it out.

Clicked on AppInstaller
Clicked on Kodi
Done.

Was having a senior moment. LOL.
I'm still only getting sound and a black screen is there an easy way to install from an older version of kodi?
Confirmed. Works for GBox Q
(2015-08-30, 18:53)Chrisbakeradi Wrote: I'm still only getting sound and a black screen is there an easy way to install from an older version of kodi?

Black screen is probably a permissions issue with your firmware. Older versions of Kodi can be found on our download page, but I would highly recommend updating your firmware instead.
Just in brief Testing with this new .apk I am having a lot of stability issues on the ODROID S805.
Running pvr.hts, mpeg2i after a while I will get booted out to the desktop. Will try and get a debug log later tonight after work.

Works great thanx
(2015-08-31, 05:01)wrxtasy Wrote: Just in brief Testing with this new .apk I am having a lot of stability issues on the ODROID S805.
Running pvr.hts, mpeg2i after a while I will get booted out to the desktop. Will try and get a debug log later tonight after work.

Im not sure that Odroid C1 development board is relevant enough for this kind of testing. Afaik, Odroid C1 runs on modified Amlogic SDK and custom firmware images (eg lollipop) are put together with prebuilt KitKat audio/video libraries...

Also, Kodi will never recognize Odroid C1 as Amlogic device because of this line (devs will know what I'm talking about) unless support for ODROIDC is added to AMLUtils function that recognizes which Aml platform it runs on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amlogic: zoomed or not fullscreen picture3