Solved Amlogic: zoomed or not fullscreen picture
(2015-09-01, 19:40)stane1983 Wrote: Also, Kodi will never recognize Odroid C1 as Amlogic device because of this line (devs will know what I'm talking about) unless support for ODROIDC is added to AMLUtils function that recognizes which Aml platform it runs on.

KitKat 4.4.2 is the standard mainstream distributed image.
And the modified Kodi code the C1 uses in Ubuntu/OpenELEC, is the addition of 1 simple line to AMLUtils:
https://github.com/Owersun/xbmc/commit/b...0732ea5b30

Really not too concerned at this point in time as OpenELEC has become the main focus. I can always submit a request.

(2015-09-01, 20:21)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2015-09-01, 19:40)stane1983 Wrote: Also, Kodi will never recognize Odroid C1 as Amlogic device because of this line (devs will know what I'm talking about) unless support for ODROIDC is added to AMLUtils function that recognizes which Aml platform it runs on.

KitKat 4.4.2 is the standard mainstream distributed image.
And the modified Kodi code the C1 uses in Ubuntu/OpenELEC, is the addition of 1 simple line to AMLUtils:
https://github.com/Owersun/xbmc/commit/b...0732ea5b30

Really not too concerned at this point in time as OpenELEC has become the main focus. I can always submit a request.

Whole aml device recognition should be rewritten because of upcoming S9xx and other SoCs with 3.14 kernel. I have early 3.14 kernel from Amlogic with support for S905 chip and S812. In new kernel there is no such stuff as Meson8, Meson8B... It's just MesonX so some logic should be written which will recognize SoC based on features available (or maybe chip id) instead of hardcoded strings. I don't have any S905 hw yet to check what our options are.
Ya know, Amlogic is a real PITA ;)
a better thing would be to improve android mediacodec and nuke out amlcodec. Its time has passed just like amlplayer Smile
(2015-09-01, 22:55)MrMC Wrote: a better thing would be to improve android mediacodec and nuke out amlcodec. Its time has passed just like amlplayer Smile
Yep, surely as far as Android is concerned, and I think amlogic think the same.
Linux/OE is another story, of course...
ah yes, OE does make that a little harder...
YEA. This upgrade worked for me as well.
Thanks to the wonderful folks working to improve and enhance this great software.
I'm making a donation! Again, Thanks
I'm still having incorrect Aspect Ratio issues, wherein Video Settings (Zoom, Pixel) only resize the Black Cropping and does nothing to resize the Video Image itself. The image appears fine in all menus/pictures, but stretches and zooms most of my movies.

I'm using a Matricom G-Box Q Firmware 1.4, and have tested multiple times with both XBMC & 4kMoviePlayer. So far I've tried the following fixes:
Unplugged the Power from the TV in order to reset any possible HDMI handshake issues
Played with G-Box Q's Advanced Display Settings (Auto On, & Auto Off, etc)
Video/Acceleration/disabling aml codec = XBMC Crashing when trying to play a video
upgrading to Kodi's 15.2rc build

I've still yet to try:
Permissions within Superuser
Rolling back to Kodi's 14.2 Helix
or Rolling back G-Box Q's Firmware
Please disregard my last post. User/Newb Error.
I've been using XBMC for some time and finally came across it's build number, i.e. Kodi 13.2 Gotham.
All the above issues I've been having were most likely related exclusively to older builds. Nontheless, I've update to Kodi's 15.2rc build.
Sorry for any confusion.
Worked for my MX8S, thanks
Can any body tell me if they now suffer from stuttering on video playback? I have kodi 15.2rc on amlogic meson 8b, GPu mali-450.

I turned off amcodec to fix screen size issue, but now have a slight stutter on playback.
Sad 
This new build fixes the zoom problem, but there a huge BUG/FLAW in the build. It is that the audio sync is not aligned properly!! There is the audio sync fix per video, but that is annoying to fix if you watch hundreds of one or two minute videos per day on Youtube. There is no time to fix every one of the videos. This is the worst audio sync delay build ever created. As you can see from my first post, I was very happy to have a zoom fix, but now, after testing for over a week the audio flaw seems to persist.
I just downloaded and installed directly from the link and here are my issues.

On 15.1- I had no picture but I had sound. I disabled stage fright and then I had a small picture in the top left with sound. Then I enabled stage fright and changed my GUI video setting from 1080p to 720p and that fixed all my problems.

15.2- I had no picture but I have sound. Disabled stage fright and still no sound. Changed GUI from 1080 to 720 and still no picture.

14.2- works flawlessly.

I went back to 15.1 until I can find a fix because I'm not too comfortable putting new firmware on my box.

Thanks
I"ve been having the same issue, using mxq box. I have to use the AV cables that came with it because my hdmi ports are busted. when I play anything through Kodi I get a zoomed in picture, as if the picture is too big for the tv. I tried downloading and installing the apk suggested but nothing seems to work. can anyone give me anyother ideas, been through all settings on both tv and box and nothing seems to fix it
(2015-08-30, 22:02)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-08-30, 18:53)Chrisbakeradi Wrote: I'm still only getting sound and a black screen is there an easy way to install from an older version of kodi?

Black screen is probably a permissions issue with your firmware. Older versions of Kodi can be found on our download page, but I would highly recommend updating your firmware instead.

Hi Ned,
how do I update my firmware, so I don't have the above issue on Isengard?
I am currently using mx2 with version 4.2.2
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amlogic: zoomed or not fullscreen picture3