• 98(current)
v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]
(2021-10-17, 18:29)christoofar Wrote: I seem  to be having a problem with this skin being able to use it to power off Kodi. When I select power off, , an error message "Failed to Play Game (the required files can't be found)" shows on screen, and I have to switch to another skin to be able to turn Kodi off. I tried to uninstall/reinstall Eminence to see if it solved this issue, but it doesn't. FYI, I do not use anything other than video and audio files from my NAS with Kodi. So am stuck
update: I updated to Kodi 19.2 yesterday & also installed jurial's repo & updated Eminence to latest available (I can view audio tags now in one of the views, thanks). But the Power button issue still remains. Is there anything further I can do to try & fix this?
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
(2021-10-18, 17:23)christoofar Wrote:
(2021-10-17, 18:29)christoofar Wrote: I seem  to be having a problem with this skin being able to use it to power off Kodi. When I select power off, , an error message "Failed to Play Game (the required files can't be found)" shows on screen, and I have to switch to another skin to be able to turn Kodi off. I tried to uninstall/reinstall Eminence to see if it solved this issue, but it doesn't. FYI, I do not use anything other than video and audio files from my NAS with Kodi. So am stuck
update: I updated to Kodi 19.2 yesterday & also installed jurial's repo & updated Eminence to latest available (I can view audio tags now in one of the views, thanks). But the Power button issue still remains. Is there anything further I can do to try & fix this?

I would recommend opening an issue on his GitHub.
(2021-10-18, 17:23)christoofar Wrote:

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.emi...issues/100
FYI - copied my comment here:

Sounds like a SkinShortcuts issue. You've probably set the command to the wrong thing.

You can customise the shutdown menu in
Skin Settings > Miscellaneous > Customise shutdown menu

The action for Exit should be Quit()

Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hi jurialmunkey,

is possible to include two OSD menus that directly open the Audio stream list window and the Subtitle stream list window? Both windows do not have specific window ID (as stated here: Link). I would love this feature, since I watch a lot of stuff with different audio/ subtitle streams and like to have an entire list as overview.
Sorry for a dumb question but how can I stop the changing backgrounds on the home screen ?
I just want a single static one.
(2021-10-20, 17:26)roysmith Wrote: Sorry for a dumb question but how can I stop the changing backgrounds on the home screen ?

Changing backgrounds? Settings only give you an option to change from one static image to another static. There isn't a way to make them change (rotate thru). Are you maybe referring to something else?
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
(2021-10-20, 19:28)christoofar Wrote:
(2021-10-20, 17:26)roysmith Wrote: Sorry for a dumb question but how can I stop the changing backgrounds on the home screen ?

Changing backgrounds? Settings only give you an option to change from one static image to another static. There isn't a way to make them change (rotate thru). Are you maybe referring to something else?

Sorry,probably did not explain properly.
When I am in home screen I am getting an ever changing display of pictures.I assume they are fan art pics taken from my content.I would like this display to be replaced with a single static picture of my choice.

(2021-10-20, 14:27)bollstedt Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey,

is possible to include two OSD menus that directly open the Audio stream list window and the Subtitle stream list window? Both windows do not have specific window ID (as stated here: Link). I would love this feature, since I watch a lot of stuff with different audio/ subtitle streams and like to have an entire list as overview.

Not possible unfortunately. Without a window ID or a specific command to open the dialog, there's no way for the skin to open those dialogs (and I don't know of any way to retrieve a full list of subs/dubs to make a fake one using a custom window).

And I agree! I really wish there was a command to call these windows directly. It is probably the thing I find most frustrating when watching , especially with stuff from Netflix since there's always heaps of subs/dubs to cycle through -- I nearly always overshoot and need to cycle through again.
(2021-10-20, 20:47)roysmith Wrote: Sorry,probably did not explain properly.
When I am in home screen I am getting an ever changing display of pictures.I assume they are fan art pics taken from my content.I would like this display to be replaced with a single static picture of my choice.

Create a folder with a single image in it. Then add that folder as a source in Pictures. Then add that pictures source as the fallback widget in skin settings.

OR if you use the most recent version of the skin from github, in the home customisation dialog in skin settings you can set each individual menu item widget to None and then set a single background image for each menu item.
(2021-10-21, 10:39)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Not possible unfortunately. Without a window ID or a specific command to open the dialog, there's no way for the skin to open those dialogs (and I don't know of any way to retrieve a full list of subs/dubs to make a fake one using a custom window).

And I agree! I really wish there was a command to call these windows directly. It is probably the thing I find most frustrating when watching , especially with stuff from Netflix since there's always heaps of subs/dubs to cycle through -- I nearly always overshoot and need to cycle through again.

Thanks for the quick reply. Maybe it is possible to create a custom menu using the "getAvailableSubtitleStreams()" using the Player Class (Link) and chose the subtitle with "setSubtitleStream()" (Link)?
(2021-10-21, 13:29)bollstedt Wrote:
(2021-10-21, 10:39)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. Maybe it is possible to create a custom menu using the "getAvailableSubtitleStreams()" using the Player Class (Link) and chose the subtitle with "setSubtitleStream()" (Link)?

Unfortunately those are only really available to add-ons which use the Python API, and not skins.

Maybe @jurialmunkey could fill a property using TMDbHelper to read those values, though?
(2021-10-21, 10:43)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2021-10-20, 20:47)roysmith Wrote: Sorry,probably did not explain properly.

Create a folder with a single image in it. Then add that folder as a source in Pictures. Then add that pictures source as the fallback widget in skin settings.

OR if you use the most recent version of the skin from github, in the home customisation dialog in skin settings you can set each individual menu item widget to None and then set a single background image for each menu item.
Thanks.I used the second option and that worked fine.
Thanks a lot @jurialmunkey for adapting Eminence to Kodak Matrix !!!
Jurialmunkey,
Is there an option to customize the opacity of the 2 panels (one for the image, one for the text)? So that the background fanart seems more continuous...
Fantastic skin! Thank you very much!
Is it possible to have an option to hide icon (the one on top left side) ?
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]9