• 50(current)
v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]
Eminence 2.5 - Now Available for Testing

Hi guys. Version 2.5 is now available from github for testing. Just install in the usual way. For Jarvis only currently. Will start working on Krypton version soon! Smile

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.eminence.2

This version reintroduces a slight amount of padding from the sides. A new visual overhaul including a little bit more depth to skin items. If you prefer the more flat look you can turn the shadows off in
Skin Settings > Extras > Show Shadows on Panels.
This feature is one that I'm particularly keen to hear people's thought as I haven't made up my mind whether it should be on or off by default.

watch gallery
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2016-07-09, 14:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: Skin Settings > Extras > Show Shadows on Panels.
This feature is one that I'm particularly keen to hear people's thought as I haven't made up my mind whether it should be on or off by default.

It looks great. With shadow the panels looks better and they are better "keep apart".

That's why I think you should turn it on by default. In my opinion there are no disadvantages if this option is acivated.
Thank you jurialmunke,

Testing Now, But truly looking forward to the krypton version Big Grin
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon 2
I think I have find a little visual bug in the video OSD:

If I open the infobox in a video, it looks a little bit "strange". There are text over another text. Please see the screenshot:

Hi jurialmunke,

* I can't fined the fallback widget for weather
* How do i display Music artwork. It's enable but not showing when playing music

Thanks
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Onkyo TX-RZ50 | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
(2016-07-09, 15:33)kar82 Wrote: I think I have find a little visual bug in the video OSD:
If I open the infobox in a video, it looks a little bit "strange". There are text over another text. Please see the screenshot:
Wow your MPAA tag is really long! Should be fixed on latest git.

(2016-07-09, 15:35)Blurayx Wrote: * I can't fined the fallback widget for weather
* How do i display Music artwork. It's enable but not showing when playing music

Weather widget selection should be fixed now.

Music artwork works fine for me. It only shows fanart in the background of the now playing screen, not cover artwork though. It will only show fanart if it is in your library db. For artist slideshow you need the addon of the same name.
(2016-07-10, 01:50)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2016-07-09, 15:33)kar82 Wrote: I think I have find a little visual bug in the video OSD:
Wow your MPAA tag is really long! Should be fixed on latest git.

(2016-07-09, 15:35)Blurayx Wrote: * I can't fined the fallback widget for weather

Weather widget selection should be fixed now.

Music artwork works fine for me. It only shows fanart in the background of the now playing screen, not cover artwork though. It will only show fanart if it is in your library db. For artist slideshow you need the addon of the same name.

Thank you Smile

Weather widget now working.

How do I display the album playing on the home screen, I don't see the option for fullscreen
(2016-07-09, 14:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: Eminence 2.5 - Now Available for Testing

This version reintroduces a slight amount of padding from the sides.

First of all it's awesome to have you back JM, and Eminence 2.5 was a nice surprise. But why the reintroduction of padding from the sides?
One of the great things about Eminence 2 was you gave us a stylish skin that fully utilized the real estate of a large 16:9 screen and made a big difference to the whole "leanback" experience, with the reintroduction of padding it seems like a real step backwards. I can't see the logic in having weather/time and home icons in the top corners of the screen and then a smaller padded section underneath Confused In 2.5 I'm now back to scrolling movie/show titles and squinting to read small fonts and the padded section looks out of place when the rest of the skin is fullscreen.

In this post (in this same thread) you explained some of your thoughts behind making the choice to fullscreen: Post #29, and you seemed to confirm that the fullscreen look was aesthetically the way forward for E2, so why the change?

If this padding is going to be a default feature, (which I hope it isn't), could we at least have the option to turn the padding on or off?
(2016-07-10, 02:31)hollyt9 Wrote: First of all it's awesome to have you back JM, and Eminence 2.5 was a nice surprise. But why the reintroduction of padding from the sides?
One of the great things about Eminence 2 was you gave us a stylish skin that fully utilized the real estate of a large 16:9 screen and made a big difference to the whole "leanback" experience, with the reintroduction of padding it seems like a real step backwards. I can't see the logic in having weather/time and home icons in the top corners of the screen and then a smaller padded section underneath Confused In 2.5 I'm now back to scrolling movie/show titles and squinting to read small fonts and the padded section looks out of place when the rest of the skin is fullscreen.

In this post (in this same thread) you explained some of your thoughts behind making the choice to fullscreen: Post #29, and you seemed to confirm that the fullscreen look was aesthetically the way forward for E2, so why the change?

If this padding is going to be a default feature, (which I hope it isn't), could we at least have the option to turn the padding on or off?

I reintroduced the padding simply because I changed my mind about it - started to prefer the looseness and thought it was a little easier on the eyes not darting across the screen (pretty much da-andas points). I always thought I had gone a little too far in the opposite direction. This is an attempt to bridge the gap between the really heavy padding of Eminence 1 and the complete lack of padding in Eminence 2 -- Hence the 2.5 name.

Also, I should've added a disclaimer: No font sizes have been harmed in the making of this skin :p Seriously though, the font sizes are exactly the same as before, though yes there is a slight loss in horizontal space for some views.

I am actually working on a toggle switch between wide and padded -- it might even get done today. My main obstacle is what to do with the "grid type" views (icon, banners), though I might just increase the horizontal spacing between items slightly to accommodate as now that the posters are borderless, being a little looser with spacing isn't as much of an issue as previously.
Is it possible to add the display style in the picture above?

http://imgur.com/a/VJUUB
@hollyt9 - Check latest git, there is now an option to remove padding in "Skin Settings > Panels > Use padding around panel edges". Let me know if you find any parts I missed.

@avia - Got a link to that mod?

@bluyrayx - Check latest git - option in Skin Settings > Background > Show background visualisation
(2016-07-10, 05:19)jurialmunkey Wrote: @avia - Got a link to that mod?

yes https://github.com/teamThevibe/skin.eminence.zeev

and the original is from - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=247643
Hey there,

How do I create playlist specific widgets for homescreen items again? Eg Create a Random Movies widget for an anime movies only playlist on the homescreen. I've tried all options but I can't seem to get it to work. I remember this was able to be done in the past.
@Shinu - Skin Settings > Home > Customise Home menu > Widget.
You can select specific playlists from the widget selection menu by going to Video Library > Playlists.
That's what I've been setting but I keep getting videos displayed from the entire movie library, not just the anime playlist. Selected Random Movies (Skin Playlist) but it doesn't display the playlist items.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]9