• 97(current)
v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]
Hello,
I just added this skin in my search for a beautiful look with plenty of infos provided for my vid & music collection. I can't seem to find any setting to enable media flags for music files, only for video. Am I just dense, or in need of new glasses?
Other than this, I'm almost giddy over this nice skin.! Thanks to jurialmunkey for his work in bringing us this visual gem.
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
Hi everyone,

1st, thanks a lot jurialmunkey for making this skin Matrix compatible.
I moved to Matrix a while ago mainly for HDR support and was sad when I noticed Eminence was not supported.

The skin is perfect for me. There is only one feature I find missing, the OSD auto hide after x seconds when playing a media. I know this feature exists with other skins (in Amber for example, the feature is available in OSD settings) but can't find how to enable it with Eminence.
I remember being able to add this feature in Eminence+Leia, but lost it when I moved to Matrix Sad

Does anyone know how to add this feature?

Thanks in advance
TheBBB
--
Nvidia ShieldTV+Matrix
Thanks so much for working on this, been using this skin for years,

i had made a custom change awhile back and i thought it might be beneficial for others: i find that the Header bar looks a bit better if it matches the lower bar's semi-transparent background, this would be a cool option in the header section, also, pushing my luck here: but adding system specific data on the top bar would be a nice touch as well, see example here:

(2021-10-12, 10:03)Trangsene Wrote: Hello,

I'm very glad with the Eminence Theme which is my favourite.

I have a question : in my video library I have usual films and films for the children.
Thanks to the menu customization I have an entry for each based on playlists I've created.
But is there a way to show only the usual films in the "showcase" on the homepage ? Actually I have a mix of both.
It would be very cool to choose a specific folder for that.
Sorry if it's a noob question, but I've found nothing for that in Kodi, add-ons or the theme settings.
Thanks.

You can add a playlist as a widget via:
"Skin Settings > Home > Customise Home Menu > Widget > Video Library > Playlist >"
(You need to scroll down the Widget selection menu to see "Video Library" option)

If you want random sorting you should create a separate smart playlist with those rules.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2021-10-16, 00:48)christoofar Wrote: Hello,
I just added this skin in my search for a beautiful look with plenty of infos provided for my vid & music collection. I can't seem to find any setting to enable media flags for music files, only for video. Am I just dense, or in need of new glasses?
Other than this, I'm almost giddy over this nice skin.! Thanks to jurialmunkey for his work in bringing us this visual gem.

Kodi never provided codec/bitrate information for Music files in the library until Matrix, so these were never part of the skin (and the others like AspectRatio and VideoCodec don't make sense for Music). EDIT: As of v4.1.11 sample rate, bit rate, file extension codec, and channels should now work for songs that have that info.
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.emi...2/releases
(2021-10-16, 15:20)TheBBB Wrote: Hi everyone,

I moved to Matrix a while ago mainly for HDR support and was sad when I noticed Eminence was not supported.

The skin is perfect for me. There is only one feature I find missing, the OSD auto hide after x seconds when playing a media. I know this feature exists with other skins (in Amber for example, the feature is available in OSD settings) but can't find how to enable it with Eminence.
I remember being able to add this feature in Eminence+Leia, but lost it when I moved to Matrix Sad

Thanks in advance
TheBBB
--
Nvidia ShieldTV+Matrix

This feature is on the github version (added in v4.1.5) but isn't on official repo yet.
(2021-10-17, 05:44)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2021-10-16, 15:20)TheBBB Wrote: Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance
TheBBB
--
Nvidia ShieldTV+Matrix

This feature is on the github version (added in v4.1.5) but isn't on official repo yet.

Your repo has the latest (4.1.12 at this point) though Wink
(2021-10-17, 05:42)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2021-10-16, 00:48)christoofar Wrote: Hello,

Kodi never provided codec/bitrate information for Music files in the library until Matrix, so these were never part of the skin (and the others like AspectRatio and VideoCodec don't make sense for Music). EDIT: As of v4.1.11 sample rate, bit rate, file extension codec, and channels should now work for songs that have that info.

Hmm...that seems strange to hear, as I've had audio files showing bitrate/codec info for quite a while with Kodi before Matrix using other skins. Amber as one for an example.

I have a question : in my video library I have usual films and films for the children.
Thanks to the menu customization I have an entry for each based on playlists I've created.
But is there a way to show only the usual films in the "showcase" on the homepage ? Actually I have a mix of both.
Sorry if it's a noob question, but I've found nothing for that in Kodi, add-ons or the theme settings.
Thanks.
Up for this question.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
I seem  to be having a problem with this skin being able to use it to power off Kodi. When I select power off, , an error message "Failed to Play Game (the required files can't be found)" shows on screen, and I have to switch to another skin to be able to turn Kodi off. I tried to uninstall/reinstall Eminence to see if it solved this issue, but it doesn't. FYI, I do not use anything other than video and audio files from my NAS with Kodi. So am stuck
(2021-10-17, 18:29)Trangsene Wrote:

Thanks.
Up for this question.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Use a different playlist for the showcase.
(2021-10-17, 20:17)drinfernoo Wrote: Use a different playlist for the showcase.

I've searched a lot, I have no idea how to achieve that Shocked
Where can I specify what playlist the showcase should play Huh
(2021-10-17, 20:36)Trangsene Wrote:
(2021-10-17, 20:17)drinfernoo Wrote: Use a different playlist for the showcase.

I've searched a lot, I have no idea how to achieve that Shocked
Where can I specify what playlist the showcase should play Huh
I already answered this question. Please look back through the comments.
(2021-10-17, 05:44)jurialmunkey Wrote: This feature is on the github version (added in v4.1.5) but isn't on official repo yet.

Hi,
Great, it works perfectly. Thanks a lot for your work Smile
TheBBB
(2021-10-17, 05:11)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Thanks.

You can add a playlist as a widget via:
"Skin Settings > Home > Customise Home Menu > Widget > Video Library > Playlist >"
(You need to scroll down the Widget selection menu to see "Video Library" option)

If you want random sorting you should create a separate smart playlist with those rules.

Aaaaaah didn't see your answer
"Fallback widget" I didn't thought to look there.
It's working like a charm !
Perfect !!!
Thank you very much, you're the best Love
  • 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]9