Poll: What display-device (TV) do you use with XBMC?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Front Projection Unit (Home Cinema)
27.70%
50+ inch Plasma/LCD (125 cm or larger)
23.47%
40-47 inch Plasma/LCD (100-120 cm)
18.60%
32-37 inch Plasma/LCD (80-99 cm)
14.38%
32-37 inch CRT (80-99 cm)
12.37%
20-30 inch Plasma/LCD (50-79 cm)
1.06%
20-30 inch CRT (50-79 cm)
2.43%
Total
946 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 5(current)
What display-device (TV) do you use with XBMC Media Center?
whoa, 150"?! This guy wins.
I have a Philips 47PFL7432D/37 47" 1080P LCD tv connected to a Mac Mini Core 2 Duo 1.83 with 2GB ram and its just wonderful. Everything works perfectly. I have 2TB external HD's connected to my Airport Extreme Router shared over the network via gigabit ethernet. OSXBMC sees the drives fine. I couldn't ask for a better setup. Thanks guys!
Information 
Pioneer 50" Plasma PDP5010FD.

Apple uses Pioneer plasmas instore to show off the Apple TV if that tells you anything.. Wink
Korey Wrote:Pioneer 50" Plasma PDP5010FD.

Apple uses Pioneer plasmas instore to show off the Apple TV if that tells you anything.. Wink

All my local Apple Stores use Sony Bravias.
I went to fry's today to look at DLPs - specifically for overscan issues. The Samsung (didn't catch the model) had bad overscan and keystoning - I'm thinking it may have been damaged, but the Mitsubishi 73734 wasn't too bad, but bad enough that I couldn't see the menubar.
Subtitles - Serious Business
When picking up a tv specially a big tv also check the sound, a lot of this big tvs suffer from very little volume, and a lot of guys here will tell you so what i got a receiver for that, but the truth is you tv is not a proyector is a TV and needs its own volume for the ocasional analog audio hooked up and specially if you dont have a home theatre.

Trust me happens a lot!
adrianc1982 Wrote:When picking up a tv specially a big tv also check the sound, a lot of this big tvs suffer from very little volume, and a lot of guys here will tell you so what i got a receiver for that, but the truth is you tv is not a proyector is a TV and needs its own volume for the ocasional analog audio hooked up and specially if you dont have a home theatre.

Trust me happens a lot!

Look for a TV that has no speakers at all.. buy a denon (or other good receiver) and get proper 5.1 surround sound.. trust me.. Getting a HDTV is useless with out getting the (proper) surround sound that goes with it.
iordonez Wrote:Look for a TV that has no speakers at all.. buy a denon (or other good receiver) and get proper 5.1 surround sound.. trust me.. Getting a HDTV is useless with out getting the (proper) surround sound that goes with it.

I know, but sometimes its about space, you just dont have enough room to hook up a HT.
Wow, thanks for all the feedback guys. That's a good point that the Apple Stores use Sony Bravias. As far as the budget goes, I will be replacing my 42" Sony RPTV that's 720p so the new LCD/Plasma will def be 1080p and I'm considering the new 120hz models of Sony, Samsung and Sharp. Anyone have experience with the Sharp Aquos??
And as for the audio from the TV, really not an issue since everything (PS3, Xbox 360, TiVo, Mac Mini) is already ran through a Harmon Kardon receiver.
I use a Panasonic th37px80 plasma. Because it has 720 picture lines 0% over-scan and is 24p compatible. Blacks are lovely, colour is ultimate and movement smooth. Happy user here.
Mitsubishi 73833 from Frys (every so often, they have a big sale - picked it up for $1200 off retail). Excellent picture except for the overscan.
StickyC Wrote:Mitsubishi 73833 from Frys (every so often, they have a big sale - picked it up for $1200 off retail). Excellent picture except for the overscan.

One that I was looking at was a 73734 - I had the same thought.

I keep saying to myself that I don't want to spend the money on a plasma, but the PDP-6010FD keeps looking better and better to me as a choice for a new TV. I've gotta check to see if fry's has one that I can play with.
Subtitles - Serious Business
Sony KDL-32D3000 32" @ 1080i connected with HDMI to the second port of my Mac Pro 2.66 Quadcore.

Just connected it today and i'm blown away by the quality.
havn't found a way yet to remote control my Mac Pro.
Now using a PowerBook with remote desktop but it is not a preferred solution.
No idea what the posibillities are. will post in the proper section for that.

I used XBMC a long time on the xbox and i like the way it could be controlled with a joystick. hope to get something similar working on the Mac Pro.
22" LCD (PC MONITOR) with x2vga
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What display-device (TV) do you use with XBMC Media Center?1