Win Help with kodi and steam big picture mode
Im not sure this can really be helped in any way nor was I sure if this was really the right thread to ask this in but here it goes anyway.

I have steam launching in big picture mode on a windows 8.1 system. I've used the Local Group Policy editor to replace the explorer.exe with my own custom, which I've actually just left blank. The system doesnt load explorer and just auto lauches steam big picture mode. I dont know if that info is of any help or not but figured I'd mention it. This works fairly well and gives me a pretty solid makeshift steam machine as it is, however I also launch kodi from steam using steam "non-steam app" short cut features. This too works fairly well as in tended. When im done with kodi I can just exit and it drops back to steam big picture mode just as you may expect.

the problem that I run into is the overlay. Using an xbox 360 controller I can press the xbox button in the middle of the controller to pull up the steam overlay in any apps I launch from steam big picture mode, including kodi. Launch the overlay works fine and even using the overlay works fine, the problem is that the controller controls both the overlay and kodi (in the background) at the same time. This obviously creates quite the annoyance when i want to use the overlay, to the point where I really just dont use it at all. However, I'd like to.

I dont susspect there is an easy way to fix this.. perhaps there is a way I can change the controls for kodis xbox/joystick controller input to toggle disable controller input to the xbox button so when I press the button and have the steam overlay pop up, it toggles the kodi control off, then turn it back on when close the overlay?

I get the feeling that this might not have a reasonable solution though, at least not until steam machines are a thing and there is a functioning version of kodi available on the steam app store. *shrug

any suggestions would be super Big Grin

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with kodi and steam big picture mode0