Kodi does not crash, but become unresponsive
(2016-02-10, 19:20)lordzerg Wrote: I have my GUI unresponsive too on Linux Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and windows 10 64bit , the linux PC is with AMD fusion E-350, windows PC is with Radeon R9 290. Linux is with radeon OSS driver, windows is with Crimson latest driver.
The most annoying thing is that sometimes the Linux PC freezes forever i cant even stop the video if the video is 10min. i must wait 10min to end.

I will give you Debug log later tonight

Try using the Kore android remote, or using the web interface to kodi. The remote works for sure, I think the http remote works too.
At least that allows you to stop the video.
(2016-02-10, 19:20)lordzerg Wrote: The most annoying thing is that sometimes the Linux PC freezes forever i cant even stop the video if the video is 10min. i must wait 10min to end.

I'm on Linux/ Debian and have similar issues in that the screen locks up for extended periods. I also note that during these lock ups there is heavy HDD activity and kodi.bin is using a shed load of CPU resources.

I found a kludge to resume normality (LINUX);
  • CTRL +ALT + [SHIFT] + F2 to go to a command line
  • CTRL + ALT + [SHIFT] + F7 to switch back to the desktop

That will usually slow kodi.bin down and give user back control of the desktop.
here is my Log at pastebin.
http://pastebin.com/YP5B0FFg
I cut some of the lines there
from start of the file to line 990 is the 1st part of the log starting 21:06 to 21:07 where GUI is not freezing on fresh restarted system. But after 24h or maybe 12h problems starting again.
Problems starting from line 990 down. its the next day (around 22h from start). I never shutdown this PC. only restarts sometimes.
btw i didn't saw anything weird in the log
@bluenote good idea i will try this now. i have tablet with Kore remote for kodi.
Im using remote to control the pc, but i have also keyboard and mouse. When GUI freezes with "Working.." even the keyboard is not working.
I will also try to switch to tty1 and will check something with htop. or maybe i will use my laptop to check things with SSH connection
Fairly good chance HTTP commands may still work via core or a web browser even thought keyboard and mouse are borked.
yea with Kore commands are working, but its temporary solution, at least, to stop the video and restart PC, now i restart it 2 times per day to work properly
I think this should be moved to general support rather than Mac forum?
OMG its in MAC support, I used search to find this topic, but this is not MAC problem I have it on Linux and windows Smile
Thread moved to OS independent as it's being reported across platforms
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Im now using Kodi 16 and it same unresponsive GUI "working" on windows and linux both.
(2015-10-04, 09:20)TGMadsen Wrote: Same issue here. Both with Kodi 15.x and 16 alpha 3 on OS X 10.11.

I have Kodi running in window mode and if I minimize that window and bring it back up, Kodi has frozen. It did not happen in OS X 10.10.x. so I guess it's OS related.

Same issue with Kodi 16 and OS X 10.11.3 by the way.
I'm also using Kodi 16 on Windows 10 running as a VmWare Fusion virtual machine on my Mac.
On Windows 10 I can minimize Kodi and bring it back up without it's freezing, so it only happens under OS X for me.

Regards
TGMadsen
I came across another thread for the "" working " freeze, with a pointer to the vertical sync setting being the culprit, switching the setting has, so far, solved for me.
(2016-02-28, 09:43)bluenote Wrote: I came across another thread for the "" working " freeze, with a pointer to the vertical sync setting being the culprit, switching the setting has, so far, solved for me.

Sounds interesting. Can you provide a link to that thread? Smile

Regards
TGMadsen
so, if you turn off Vsync its ok ?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=232122

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi does not crash, but become unresponsive0