Solved view that does not force img aspect ratio
hi. lovin TITAN. we switch skins as often as socks in this house, but recently anything else just doesn't measure up

requesting an image heavy view (like *panel) that considers the aspect ratio of what its showing (rather than forcing poster or square.)

ex: N64 covers (landscape) look awful in any of the current views.

perhaps something specific to advanced launcher, or an advanced setting in the context menu to set AR for the current "location" ? ( not sure the latter is possible, just getting the ideas on a roll )

PS. excuse the cr*p quality ... have not mapped a button for screenshot in the living room ... took a pix with my phone Big Grin
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
Did you try the thumbs and landscape views ?
if i fudge the launcher.xml i can get the covers to show as fanart for the thumbnail view ... its better ... as in not cropped as much (as square)... but still not awesome.

not sure which you mean by landscape ?

they look good in extended but i'm really hoping for more than 4 at a time

totally skewed in horizontal panel
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
Are you on the beta or stable of the skin?
Stable. Should I switch it up ? Is there something different in the works ?
Yeah, a lot of improvements to the views in current beta, which will be published to stable within 2 weeks
i loaded the beta on my desktop this AM. seems you're always a step ahead. good stuff !!

A+ for landscape. it shows 6 at a time (3x2) ... so not really large list friendly (ex:200+)

any chance of a compact version. not another view, there's enough Big Grin like a checkbox in the options ?

15 (5x3) feels good (current*60%) even smaller, 24 - 6x4 (current*50%) ... it becomes pretty similar to thumbnails (but better Big Grin )

Image Image
What about the thumbs view ? That has landscape aspect ratio too (16:9)...
Or are those thumbs in a different AR than normal movies fanart ?
ha. that would make things far too easy. seems all these covers are 620x430 ... so 62:43. (you can thank n*ntendo for that one)

the thumbnail view seems to scale each item from the centre ... which ends up cropping the name (from the top)

landscape seems to be aligned at the top ... so it ends up cropping a dozen pixels from the bottom of each cover.
Aha, now I understand...

Is that aspect ratio used for all items in Advanced launcher ? In that case I can add a override to use that AR when advanced launcher is active...
Or is it just used for Nintendo thumbs ?
OK,'I have added an option in the sideblade menu for the landscape layouts called "alternate aspect ratio"
This will change the AR to 62:43 for the thumbs. Available in both the thumbs and the landscape layouts and only for advanced launcher.

Available in tonights beta update.
wow thanks !!

its not specific to advanced launcher as much as what you're emulating ... this will be great for snes & n64

nes, genesis & game gear use the standard poster size

... gameBoy & playStation use an AR of 1:1
i hope retroPlayer will make this better ... someday Smile
You're welcome, please give it a try and let me know if it needs some more adjustments. The option is in the sideblade menu.
Atm it will only present the option when advancedlauncher addon is active but let me know if it should be visible in more conditions.
looks great. works great.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
view that does not force img aspect ratio0