Custom home items no longer working
(2015-10-03, 21:01)jingai Wrote: By the way, the option you're looking at is "Show path instead of rating." By rating it means like MPAA rating (e.g., Rated R), not votes.

ah ok, confused there. now it makes sense

i also copied the include_mediaflags2 from macgyver mod and i got votes now, worked like a charm Smile
Now that I know what I'm doing, I like the changes.
The customisation seems easier and better laid out than earlier versions.
My main source of confusion was the post for the new release that said "Note: This doesn't have any of the Kodi 15.x Isengard changes yet. A release for Kodi 15 is coming in 1-2 weeks."
Kind of made me think that what was going on with my setup was unusual.
I'm sorry, I meant the Kodi 15 specific changes, which honestly you'd probably never even notice lol

Nonetheless, 3.2.0 will be here in a week or two that will make it fully compatible with 15.

And no, it won't break your shortcuts.. I hope Wink
Hi,

Love your skin. My custom settings got trashed in the upgrade. Its no big deal but I can't get any of the new changes I make to apply.

Ex. I don't want the videos choice in the home menu

1) Go to settings-->metropolis-->home option--> home furniture
2) Select the videos option
3) Highlight the null sign and click
4) Videos drops off the home furniture screen

However the actual home screen is still the default with the videos button. This happens with all the changes I try to make. Home menu, sub menu and trying to add a button (HD-Trailers). Everything looks fine in the furniture area but nothing applies to the home screen

Any ideas? Do I need to do something else to apply the changes. I've rebooted and reloaded the skin without any luck

Thanks
M
Shouldn't have to do anything except go back to the Home screen and wait for the Skin Shortcuts script to rebuild the menu.

Do you ever see the progress dialog at the top that says "Building menu..."?
jingai,

One issue I was having on Windows 10 with Kodi v15.2 RC2 is with the backgrounds. I added a couple menu items and then went to set the background for those items but my C: drive was not an option for a location to find the images like it previously was (I know it was because that is where the backgrounds for my previous menu options were located). Strangely the only locations available were SuperRepo and my SD memory card that was in the computer at the time. I tried with and without the card inserted and couldn't get to the C: drive so I just copied things to the SD card instead. Nothing major but thought I'd mention it in case it is something with the skin that can be addressed.

Know some people are upset with the changes and, while a little shocking to see the old customization gone, I quickly got over it when I figured out what caused it. Great update!
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

(2015-10-04, 07:12)Mick1152 Wrote: One issue I was having on Windows 10 with Kodi v15.2 RC2 is with the backgrounds. I added a couple menu items and then went to set the background for those items but my C: drive was not an option for a location to find the images like it previously was (I know it was because that is where the backgrounds for my previous menu options were located). Strangely the only locations available were SuperRepo and my SD memory card that was in the computer at the time. I tried with and without the card inserted and couldn't get to the C: drive so I just copied things to the SD card instead. Nothing major but thought I'd mention it in case it is something with the skin that can be addressed.

I don't have any Windows machines in the house here, but on my Mac and Linux boxes, if I choose "Single Image" or "Multi Image" it allows me to select any path I like. Is that not the case on Windows?

(2015-10-04, 07:12)Mick1152 Wrote: Know some people are upset with the changes and, while a little shocking to see the old customization gone, I quickly got over it when I figured out what caused it. Great update!

Change is difficult, and I didn't really have any way of alerting everyone of it. But, it's for the best in the long run. The old customization stuff was seriously unwieldy and people kept asking for more and more specific customization options.. this allows them to do anything they want, without adding (and maintaining) thousands of lines of code.

I put a lot of thought into when I'd let this go through, so I could be here to support it. Feel free to let me know about any and all issues you see, and I'll try to have it all sorted by 3.2.0.
Sometimes when another skin has used skinshortcuts in their skin too you might have to "Reset shortcuts" one time at first for the ones in Metropolis to reset. CLICKING ON THAT WILL ERASE ALL CHANGES YOU HAVE MADE TO YOUR MENUS! But if all the background art isn't showing up, it is a quick way to get it all back at once.

(2015-10-04, 07:12)Mick1152 Wrote: jingai,

One issue I was having on Windows 10 with Kodi v15.2 RC2 is with the backgrounds. I added a couple menu items and then went to set the background for those items but my C: drive was not an option for a location to find the images ......

This seems to be Kodi, have you tried making the folder a "File" source? Also it seems that when you can't click on the parent folder "..." anymore to go back further, you can use the Backspace button to override this.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
sorry delete post
(2015-10-04, 05:21)jingai Wrote: Shouldn't have to do anything except go back to the Home screen and wait for the Skin Shortcuts script to rebuild the menu.

Do you ever see the progress dialog at the top that says "Building menu..."?

Something quickly flashes in the upper left corner when I return to home screen, but its gone before I can read it. Sounds like I may need to update or reinstall the script?

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm dealing with a tropical storm right now so I'm in and out.

M
I'd first try to reinstall the script, if that doesn't help anything, I'll ask you for debug logs and such.
(2015-10-04, 07:39)jingai Wrote: I don't have any Windows machines in the house here, but on my Mac and Linux boxes, if I choose "Single Image" or "Multi Image" it allows me to select any path I like. Is that not the case on Windows?

I'm on a Windows 7 Pro setup, and had the same problem when setting backgrounds... finally noticed the choices available were the links I had previously created in the Kodi File Manager. So I just created a link to my backdrop collection in File Manager, and then it was available in the menu background setup dialog. Clumsy... but works as a workaround until you have time to look into it.
(2015-10-04, 09:07)MacGyver Wrote: This seems to be Kodi, have you tried making the folder a "File" source? Also it seems that when you can't click on the parent folder "..." anymore to go back further, you can use the Backspace button to override this.

Nope, doesn't work that way at present. There is no ... link, and Backspace just takes you out of the dialog. Smile

See my post just above.
You'll have to do as pagali said I guess. I don't really have much control over what shows in the file section dialog.

I'm not sure why it's different on Windows vs MacOS/Linux honestly.
For reference, this is what I see on MacOS:

I'd choose single image to browse for one custom background; multi image for a folder with many backgrounds; or one of the default backgrounds.

What do you see?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom home items no longer working0