Party Mode Questions/Observations
So I have been looking at the "party mode". The wiki is pretty vague about it. What I found so far is:

1. Contrary to what wiki suggests, on fresh install of Kodi the party mode playlists (userdata/PartyMode.xsp and userdata.PartyMode-Videso.xsp) do not exist. User must create them by going to music and/or video playlists and selecting the Party Mode Playlist which opens the Smart Playlist Editor, and then save it.

2. Once these 2 playlists are created, they can be played from the music or video playlist node view. However, the default behavior seems to be to play these as "normal" smart playlists (that is if I use <p> key action is Play). To get the party mode playlist to play in party mode, I have to open the context menu and select "play in party mode", I don't see the reason for this. It seems like this should be the default "play" behavior.

3. The default type for PartyMode.xsp is "songs" and for PartyMode-Video.xsp is "musicvideos", but it is possible to change the video playlist to "mixed".

3. As I understand the code, The filter in the appropriate playlist (either the "PartyMode.xsp/PartyMode-Video,xsp or another "regular" Smart Playlist) is applied, then songs or musicvideos are selected at random (or if video type "mixed" 70% songs and 30% music videos). I guess there is a "history" list saved as songs are played, so new songs added to the playlist are songs that haven't been played yet (during the current running of the party mode). The party mode playlist is designed so that there are always 10 items in the list (at least if the user doesn't add any "extras") and after an item is played the top item pops off the list and a new item is added at the end.

4. There is a stub in the code for selecting "relaxed" songs. Is there any intent to implement this? If not should probably be removed.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Party Mode Questions/Observations0