Encryption via KODI or G-Box Q ?
Hello. I've searched SSL Security and don't find an answer. Do either of these use encryption for communications, streams, server negotiation etc. ? Or is everything wide open & sniffable...? Thanks.
I'm sure I already know the answer, but I guess I may as well ask. What are you wanting to be encrypted?
the traffic.
btw, you said you know the answer, but didn't share it. but also, if the answer is in the affirmative, could you point to a source? I'm just surprised that no-one has asked this before. Thanks again.
he was more referring to that you don't have to encrypt anything if you got nothing to hide but only when you do illegal stuff. At least usually.

And which traffic to you want encrypted - media you are streaming from the internet, remote database access - more details please on what you try to achive
Alright, I'm going to assume that what you are asking doesn't violate our forum policy. So... to my knowledge, almost nothing is encrypted. As such, you probably don't want to operate Kodi on an open server, and you also probably don't want to port forward Kodi onto the internet. As far as whether addons such as youtube are encrypted, I'd guess you would need to ask each individual addon author. I'm not really sure how something like logging into Youtube or Crunchyroll works, though my understanding has always been that encryption comes from the server, rather than the client.

If you are asking about encryption for piracy streams, you are asking the wrong people.
(2015-10-06, 06:11)Yips Wrote: the traffic.

which traffic? It all depends on the server of said traffic
This is actually a big issue for Plex, where each home has an internet accessible server. As I understand it, they recently switched to SSL for encryption from the home server to the online device. Pretty cool stuff, but not particularly applicable for Kodi, given that we don't have an service intended to serve your library onto the internet.
It was an idle thought - could I access my media at home - securely. Thought g-box & Kodi might help but natethomas cleared that up w/no Kodi server. Thanks much for all your replies though!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Encryption via KODI or G-Box Q ?0