Is nobody maintaining PseudoTv?
I felt as if this were the best addon on Kodi. PseudoTv live is out there but it is just a total mess. I get that the coders are novice and probably have a real job, but I miss having a reliable addon with this feature. LIve worked fine when it first came out (likely when it was still 99% PseudoTv) but it hasn't worked reliably since then. I feel as if a person just hijacked a great addon and ruined it for everybody. Sad There should be some rules that make people have to create their own addons rather than just hijack (and potentially ruin) existing ones. The way is is now, a talented programmer can get their addon ruined by another who is not as good. I LOVE open source stuff, but maybe the original coder should always be in control?

I used PTV for years and now it is gone! What a shame. Sad I have like 15 friends that all use Kodi and we all miss this addon.
(2015-10-06, 20:19)tommymsw Wrote: I felt as if this were the best addon on Kodi. PseudoTv live is out there but it is just a total mess. I get that the coders are novice and probably have a real job, but I miss having a reliable addon with this feature. LIve worked fine when it first came out (likely when it was still 99% PseudoTv) but it hasn't worked reliably since then. I feel as if a person just hijacked a great addon and ruined it for everybody. Sad There should be some rules that make people have to create their own addons rather than just hijack (and potentially ruin) existing ones. The way is is now, a talented programmer can get their addon ruined by another who is not as good. I LOVE open source stuff, but maybe the original coder should always be in control?

I used PTV for years and now it is gone! What a shame. Sad I have like 15 friends that all use Kodi and we all miss this addon.

LMFAO, So i'm no good? My additions suck? Go back to the original PseudoTV then... nobody is stopping u. Nobody Hijacked anything, I had the original coders blessing.

Not only did Jason102 the original creator give me his blessing, but the reason for this fork was Jason wanted PseudoTV for local media only not livetv, youtube and every other feature I added!

I have yet to see one log showing PseudoTV Live working unreliably. Its more likely you are using PseudoTV Live with illegal plugins that features sources that are unreliable.

Personally I run PseudoTV Live 24/7 for months at a time without issue... perhaps you should stop bitching and learn how to use PseudoTV Live... You are the scourge of this community.

If any PseudoTV Live user wonder why I don't participate on my own thread anymore they have users like @tommymsw to thank... Happy users be sure to let him know how much you appreciate his crap!

This program has a steep learning curve, and instead of trying to learn and becoming a productive part of this community; you've decided insult me and my time. You are nothing but a ingrate troll!

If just one user took the time to learn how this plugin works they would be satisfied! but you expect instant gratification!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-10-06, 20:19)tommymsw Wrote: I felt as if this were the best addon on Kodi. PseudoTv live is out there but it is just a total mess. I get that the coders are novice and probably have a real job, but I miss having a reliable addon with this feature. LIve worked fine when it first came out (likely when it was still 99% PseudoTv) but it hasn't worked reliably since then. I feel as if a person just hijacked a great addon and ruined it for everybody. Sad There should be some rules that make people have to create their own addons rather than just hijack (and potentially ruin) existing ones. The way is is now, a talented programmer can get their addon ruined by another who is not as good. I LOVE open source stuff, but maybe the original coder should always be in control?

DIAGF

Quote:I used PTV for years and now it is gone! What a shame. Sad I have like 15 friends that all use Kodi and we all miss this addon.

I'll take the under.

Also, does anyone else get the feeling that this sad-brag is the whole reason OP decided to post?
(2015-10-06, 21:02)Lunatixz Wrote:

LMFAO, So i'm no good? My additions suck? Go back to the original PseudoTV then... nobody is stopping u. Nobody Hijacked anything, I had the original coders blessing.

Not only did Jason102 the original creator give me his blessing, but the reason for this fork was Jason wanted PseudoTV for local media only not livetv, youtube and every other feature I added!

I have yet to see one log showing PseudoTV Live working unreliably. Its more likely you are using PseudoTV Live with illegal plugins that features sources that are unreliable.

Personally I run PseudoTV Live 24/7 for months at a time without issue... perhaps you should stop bitching and learn how to use PseudoTV Live... You are the scourge of this community.

If any PseudoTV Live user wonder why I don't participate on my own thread anymore they have users like @tommymsw to thank... Happy users be sure to let him know how much you appreciate his crap!

This program has a steep learning curve, and instead of trying to learn and becoming a productive part of this community; you've decided insult me and my time. You are nothing but a ingrate troll!

If just one user took the time to learn how this plugin works they would be satisfied! but you expect instant gratification!

LOL>.. Why do you follow me EVERYWHERE? Just go an]=bout your own business and leave me be, I am just trying to enjoy Kodi like I have for over 10 years now. Do me a favor... (since you seem to have the time)... Go you the PTVL thread and copy and paste EVERY post where somebody complained the program doesn't work correctly (It's like half the posts) and then I will copy and paste your reply every time of "Nu-uh! Mine works fine!"

Dude. why are you so hostile? (your name if perfect by the way)... People don;t HAVE to like your addon and they are not all losers who you block because your addon doesn't work on their system. You know 100% that you BLOCK feedback from any poster on your thread who says they are having problems with it. Unblock those people and you will see HUNDREDS of posts that it doesn't work.

If you Google "PseudoTV Live" you will find MANY forums other than this one where people are saying they can't get your addon to work and asking for help from other usesrs,,,and in EACH of them, I find YOU, bitching and screaming at everybody, spouting your "go-to" line of "Good! Don;t use it then! Just uninstall it!"

Your some weird Troller for your own addon. Let people get help from others without YOU jumping into every thread and ragging on people.
You haven't provided any info on your issue. Provide logs and you may have a shot. Until then this thread serves no purpose.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Here is somebody on Reddit "politely asking other users if they know of an addon similar to PTVL that runs better on a Raspberry Pi because they LOVE PTVL, but it's too laggy.

And rather than let the "community" help this poor kid, you reply with:
"So every user is wrong, but you? PseudoTV Live performs better than it ever has...

Post below from months ago shows PTVL running smooth on rpi2 and it's running an old build of PTVL, the newer one flies in comparison. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOFMJs2Rkf0

Sounds to me like if you can spare some time away from spewing garbage on the net... you might just learn something.

Then again your post sounds so foolish, i'm kinda glad you don't use my software anymore... thanks for that Smile"

And they replied with "WOW! Are you not mature enough to accept real criticism?"

You are ALL OVER the place just bashing people, being cruel and just an overall horrible person. EVERY forum I go to to find if others can get this working, you just jump in, rag on people and tell them they are morons... and say "I have never heard anybody complain about it!"

Do you want me to post them all here and THEN post how you responded to all these complaints you have never heard? It's the internet dude... It's out there for ALL to see.... Want me to Google them for you?
Whoa, settle down space cadet!

Smashing your acne-scarred, swastika-tattooed, protruding forehead all over the keyboard is not going to help convince anyone that you aren't the worst type of entitled, incompetent, and ignorant poster-child of everything that is slowly killing open-source.

Have a little respect for yourself.

Because nobody else does.

Bro. Do you even python?
@bry... I posted SEVERAL logs in the PTVL forum, on other forums and at Git. Luna just says "Too bad! Uninstall it then!. I see him ragging on people in EVERY forum I go to (you know how he is). I have ZERO desire to talk to him or deal with his problems. I politely left "his" forum and tried to find answers from other "kinder" people. I was just wondering about the original, or if anybody is working on anything similar who is easier to work with. I ma not here to get into a stupid internet fight every time I am on. The kid friggin follows me EVERYWHERE! It's not THAT cool of an addon to deal with THIS every time I have a problem. I've never seen anybody act like that (who was a developer anyway).
Look guys... I am a developer in my 40's. I have been on here since 2005 when it was a FUN place to be. I get that the "younger kids" are into this whole "Do you even python?" Trolling type of hostile forum posting. And it blows because open source used to be fun and exciting. Now everybody just rags on each other and thinks of cool " acne-scarred, swastika-tattooed, protruding forehead" stuff... I get it? Maybe it's fun? But for me? I just want to get on, ask a question, get some help. help others and get off. I don;t want to have to stay hip on all the newest "hateful" forum bashing going down. Why not just HELP, or move along? It's a FORUM, not a chat-room!
I was doing this SIX years before you guys even heard about Kodi! Don't come in and ruin it. I promise you, it is WAY more fun to just be a community and have fun!
(2015-10-07, 03:44)tommymsw Wrote: Here is somebody on Reddit "politely asking other users if they know of an addon similar to PTVL that runs better on a Raspberry Pi because they LOVE PTVL, but it's too laggy.

And rather than let the "community" help this poor kid, you reply with:
"So every user is wrong, but you? PseudoTV Live performs better than it ever has...

Post below from months ago shows PTVL running smooth on rpi2 and it's running an old build of PTVL, the newer one flies in comparison. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOFMJs2Rkf0

Sounds to me like if you can spare some time away from spewing garbage on the net... you might just learn something.

Then again your post sounds so foolish, i'm kinda glad you don't use my software anymore... thanks for that Smile"

And they replied with "WOW! Are you not mature enough to accept real criticism?"

You are ALL OVER the place just bashing people, being cruel and just an overall horrible person. EVERY forum I go to to find if others can get this working, you just jump in, rag on people and tell them they are morons... and say "I have never heard anybody complain about it!"

Do you want me to post them all here and THEN post how you responded to all these complaints you have never heard? It's the internet dude... It's out there for ALL to see.... Want me to Google them for you?

Why didn't you post a link to this so called abusive behavior from me? Could it be because anyone reading it would clearly see you selectively chose your quotes?

Here is the full thread from redit: https://www.reddit.com/r/xbmc/comments/3...erry_pi_2/
BTW.. I would GLADLY take time out of my day to post logs, look through the code and help solve the problems. I have done that for MANY developers over the ten years I have been contributing. But I don't think Luna has any desire to make his addon work for everybody. I have seen WAY too many posts to confirm that. It is just a waste of my time to help somebody fix an addon when they INSIST it works perfect no matter how many people say it does not. This is why I am simply looking forward to finding another addon... FTV/Guide works PERFECTLY on my system. Although, I have thought about fixing the code and then releasing "PseudoTv Live PLUS!". Just not sure I have the time Smile
Um... here is the link... Although there are HUNDREDS of examples I could post: https://www.reddit.com/r/xbmc/comments/3...erry_pi_2/

The poor kid just wanted to find ANOTHER addon. you did NOT respond to the post to help him with his question. You didn't have another addon to tell him about. You could have just gone about your day. But you can't resist the urge to be cruel and hateful.
It's been on github you can fork, fix your issues and push fixes since you are a professional programmer and all.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2015-10-07, 03:58)tommymsw Wrote: I was doing this SIX years before you guys even heard about Kodi! Don't come in and ruin it. I promise you, it is WAY more fun to just be a community and have fun!

LMFAO you still go by when a nick was registered as some kinda proof about how long ppl have been using XBMC? weird..

Your 40 and a developer? so why bitch when something doesn't work? any developer would well develop!

I love your elitist attitude, so what your old... you don't own the monopoly on being older and having experience with XBMC.

BTW at your age how is it you can read all those "abusive" posts by me and not realize I was attacked first.... even the reddit post you quote, I asked what the problem was then was told my program is garbage... where was my opportunity to help.

Your just an ass who likes to bitch...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is nobody maintaining PseudoTv?1