Ad skipper
So I absolutely love Kodi and I also love PlayOn. They have a cool feature for shows recorded with PlayOn called ad skipper that skips the 30 second ads in recordings. Now I haven't tried in Kodi to see what PlayOn does but it would be cool if Kodi had a feature like that that lets me skip ads in my recordings.
Kodi has this feature but recording needs to have a special kind of markers in the recordings which name I forgot right now
(2015-10-18, 23:07)da-anda Wrote: Kodi has this feature but recording needs to have a special kind of markers in the recordings which name I forgot right now

edl markers
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Interesting wish I knew how to use that.
(2015-10-19, 02:04)Tatts4Life Wrote: Interesting wish I knew how to use that.
Mcebuddy, comskip. Google them
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Kodi supports several EDL (Edit Decision List) formats, but the backend/server needs to have ComSkip, VideoReDo, or similar function that produce compatible EDL files, read wiki http://kodi.wiki/view/Edit_decision_list and google for upstream backend/server support
Tried out Comskip it's interesting. I haven't checked if you can do multiple episodes at once or not. The one show I tried it on seemed to work fine. My only complaint is skipping around in the video seems weird. I tried skipping back 10 seconds and instead it skipped ahead by about a minute.
So I saw that they have something called com skip monitor that can scan for new files added and run the program automatically. Now I just need to figure out how to get it to work right.
@Tatts4Life - comskip facebook promotion for latest betas going forward: https://www.facebook.com/MCEBuddy/app_20...f=codeplex
What's the difference between Comskip and MCEBuddy? I noticed that it looks like MCEBuddy has Comskip I guess built in. But does it do anything else? I tried google and couldn't get a clear answer comparing the two. Reason I'm asking is I want to make the right decision before buying.
comskip will create edl files, mcebuddy will completely remove and convert the video with out the files.

ie. i use mcebuddy with silicondust pvr, that records about 10gb/hr - once mcebuddy converts its 300mb
Oh wow that's cool. Did I read right that with MCEBuddy I don't need to buy Comskip for Comskip to work at the faster speed? I read some where that if I buy Comskip it doesn't work at a slower speed I think. Reason I ask is I have probably close to 50 hours worth of shows that have commercials.
it integrates comskip on installation
So I grabbed MCEBuddy and the donate version of Comskip so that it can work on files faster. Now I'm just waiting on the email from Comskip for the donate download. Been waiting since noon hopefully the email comes soon.
(2015-11-10, 23:38)Tatts4Life Wrote: So I grabbed MCEBuddy and the donate version of Comskip so that it can work on files faster. Now I'm just waiting on the email from Comskip for the donate download. Been waiting since noon hopefully the email comes soon.

congrats!

make sure to check your spam folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ad skipper0