Which Operating System ?
hey

i am using Kodi now with Openelec for years. And i am just wondering if Linux , or Openelec, is the "best" system to use Kodi with ?

Are there any advantages when using Windows ?

Thanks in advance.
All personal biases/preferences aside, I think it comes more down to whatever OS you are most comfortable with administering as the underlying OS for Kodi.

I'm not aware of any OS specific features in Kodi itself but interested to see if others prove me wrong on that point.
Kodi 17.6 on multiple Windows 10 x64 machines with shared MySQL 5.6.43 database. Kodi 18 on Xbox One. Content (music, video, photos) stored on Windows Server 2012 R2 file server and accessed by SMB.
well , basically i am quite good in Windows (duuuuh) but also with Linux. That's not really the issue.

I just seem to have every once in a while glitches when watching specifically 24p movies /series. So i was wondering if it could be System related maybe or just configuration errors.
Windows allows you to use an external player for e.g. full BR menu support of 3D BRs. I'm not sure there are any other real advantages
After brief experiments with KODI on Linux I personally swapped to Windows as it gave me less trouble with my surround sound audio. The biggest bonus to me is making use of the PC OS underneath to launch the web browser for other streaming services like iPlayer, 4oD and so on. I have also just added Steam to setup a wider use media box.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which Operating System ?0