Scaling Problem Windows 10
I recently upgraded my HTPC to Windows 10 and have upgraded my AMD Radeon 6450 driver to the latest version. I found that after installing Win 10 I had to adjust the scaling -5% to get my desktop properly scaled for my Samsung D7000 plasma. When I go into Kodi v 15.0 everything looks great and properly scaled but when I start playing my movies there is a slight cropping at the top and bottom of the screen; for example when I move my mouse cursor the on screen graphics are cut off at top and bottom about 20% indicating the image is being zoomed somewhat. Anyone got any ideas as to the cause of this? I never saw this in my previous Windows 7 setup. TIA....
Play video > bring up menu > select 'Video options' > select 'Video calibration...'
Sad
(2015-10-22, 20:25)Hitcher Wrote: Play video > bring up menu > select 'Video options' > select 'Video calibration...'

Thanks for the reply. I had already tried what you suggested and adjusting using the calibration option did not solve this issue. I just upgraded from 15.0 to 15.2 Isengard and the issue is still present. This is a strange one...like I mentioned my Win 10 desktop is perfectly scaled after adjusting using Catayst Control Center and when I then launch into Kodi the opening Kodi graphics are perfectly scaled as well. I only see the scaling issue when actually playing back a movie...

Should have left well enough alone and kept my HTPC on Windows 7! Sad
Ah, then you might need to change the scaling for different refresh rates using Catayst Control Center.
(2015-10-22, 20:58)Hitcher Wrote: Ah, then you might need to change the scaling for different refresh rates using Catayst Control Center.

Bingo you are a genius ( and I obviously am not)! I had my Win 10 desktop set to 1080@60i and was trying to watch my subject movie at 1080p@24 fps. I just forgot that the scaling has to be individually set for each refresh rate within Catalyst Control Center. Thanks very much for your help! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scaling Problem Windows 100