Alpha PseudoTV Live - SetTop Box Experience v.0.8.x
(2017-08-21, 20:27)Kupajava Wrote: Tomorrow, I am going to start a project where I rebuild my HTPC and I want it to be centered around PseudoTV with everything else as an afterthought (Plex viewing is second, Amazon prime viewing is 3rd) and the only (iffy) line in the sand is that it has to use a flavor of Windows (preferably 10) as it's OS.
Here is what I have:

* TV hooked into HTPC via HDMI from EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
* FLIRC for Logitech Harmony (old school) * i5 5gen - 16gb RAM
* 512GB SSD
* HDHomerun w/ OTA antenna pulling 48 channels
* A QNAP server with all of my movies, shows and music on shares. (bazillions of files, all legal of course!)
* A Plex Server already setup to Pull from QNAP that can see all of my files and which they are named properly for
* Youtube subscriptions to Channels I would like to see in the list
* USTV to see in the list
* Amazon Prime pull would be awesome but not required
* TRAKT account
* PlayON acct (not sure that this matters anymore without cable)
* Plex running DVR off of HDHomerun and putting my shows on the QNAP

TV and Sound are all ready configured properly and I have written up all of my settings, this wont be an issue.

I want to build this out right the first time and I am willing to read and plan what needs to happen to make this the best it can be with all of these pieces, but I would like to hear what others think about how to get the most from this setup on the HTPC end and especially with the KODI setup and PseudoTV. I wanted to see what would happen if I were to brainstorm with you guys before I even get started to make the best setup possible and get it right the first time on this build-out.
This is most of what my entire entertainment setup is going to revolve around, so any documentation you guys know of or tips and pointers would be appreciated.
I realize that Google exists, so no need to say that as a response. I am going this route here instead of just Google, like I have in the past, because I want to know what people I can talk back to and ask questions to directly have to say about because I feel like my current setup is not living up to it's possibilities.

Thanks!

edit: if not Windows, convince me otherwise without Linux fanboyism because I am already a Linux user and don't need to be sold on the concept of open source, just on why it would work best for this purpose.
I'm going to give you one bit of advice, whatever you do don't try to use an addon called PlexKodiConnect to get your media into your library. PTVL will crawl instead of fly like it should with your setup. Let Kodi manage your media for the best experience.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Messages In This Thread
found bug - by co5mo - 2016-10-09, 13:19
RE: PseudoTV Live - SetTop Box Experience v.0.8.x - by jctennis - 2017-08-22, 15:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live - SetTop Box Experience v.0.8.x4